Can we call thus season a success if...

Bobbywoodhogan

We are pretty much out if the title race but we are the favourites to win the League cup, we could be the first team in history to win the Cgampions League then the following season win the Europa League and we'll be one of the favourites for the FA cup.

Most teams win jack but I think I'd be happy if we won 2 of the 3 cuos and finished 3rd but even the League Cup and 3rd wouldn't be bad at all considering where we're at. But the Summer transfer activity we had Presley to me means we should be fighting for the title and in the knockout phase if the Europa League.

What would make this a successful season for you?

Said before the start of the season that we will do well to manage a top 4 and I still think that's the case.

FA Cup is a must, that goes without saying really. Would like to win the Europa League too but as long as we put up a good showing, like making it to the semi/quarters I wouldn't mind too much what the outcome is.

So yeah, Top 4 and FA Cup will do me.

If we finish top 4, I'm satisfied, and think we'd push on next season.

Cups would be a huge bonus...any cups, love them all...That's why I got pissed off at wasting the Super Cup and Club World Cup...and...well...the charity shield is still crap.

For me, anything that happens on the pitch for the rest of this season has been irrevocably tainted by what's happened off it. As a result any trophies we might win under Benitez will only have a fraction of the poignancy. 

The one scenario I can think of that might qualify this season as a success in my eyes is if we ended the season with Mourinho in the dugout. A minimum top 4 finish would be nice as well, at least to ensure that next season is not ruined by this shambles of a season.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy seeing us win one or more of the three cups that we're still competing for, but on balance that would be nowhere near enough for me to consider the season to be a success.

I'm a bit disappointed by the way we performed in the CL and in the WC, but if can get the FA Cup, League Cup, finish 3rd and go to quarter finals (or above) in the Europa I'll be happy. I believe next season we're going to have quite a strong and young squad, and we'll have covers in all position which will enables us to challenge for the league.

Given what we achieved last season, and the invest in the squad thus far, a minimum return would be a top 3 finish (accepting we are still not as good consistently as the Manchester sides but there is no excuse for being bellow Spurs or Arsenal). and winning the League Cup.

We are the strongest side left in the League cup so as long as we apply ourselves properly we should win it. We do not know who we may end up with if we progress in the FA cup and Europa, aka United/City, Atletico etc; sides that, at their best, could certainly beat us even if we play well. If the draws are kind and the top sides are knocked out or we beat them, I would expect us to do well in those competitions too.

Add to that Roman deciding on a different full-time manager and selling Torres and that would do.

I would be more than happy if we could finish 3rd in the league.

Any cup win (whatever it is), as always,would be fantastic.

But,having said all that,if I had to pick one cup to win,this year, it would be the Europa League.

Firstly,because on 10points,we were a little unlucky not to go through to the CL knockout stages this year.And secondly,we are deservedly Champions of Europe & I feel we still have a few points to prove to all those knumbskulls out there.

And best of all,it would piss off spuds all over again.

I'll only consider this season a successful one if Rafa is shown the exit door as soon as it's over.

Any cup wins are irrelevant, indeed I'm somewhat apprehensive about the prospect of winning any as they might prompt the board to give FSW the job full time. I don't think he's got it in him though, he's already blown one cup and the title race. The league cup should be in the bag easily enough, but the other two competitions should hopefully be beyond Rafa's reach.

Considering everything there have been some fantastic results during the season, so far ...

Winning the League Cup could definitely be regarded as a success ... Beating Woves, Man Utd. & Leeds in the manner we did was good.

If we get through a tough semi vs Swansea & then beat probably Villa in the final ... I think all that would equal a well earned trophy ...

I'd love us to win the Europa Cup ... there are a lot of strong Teams in it this year. Would love to get Spurs in the final. Now that would be special!

top 4 place finish would be an achievement too considering all the upheaval, so far this season.

FA Cup would be a dream ...

No teams win everything every season so even if we JUST won the league cup id be happy. I do us lifting the Europa cup too. Man utd dont look to ever go through a bad losing patch so perhaps 2nd place is not bad...

United come annoyingly close though.

They at least barely go a season without winning at least one trophy.  :mad:

They at least barely go a season without winning at least one trophy.  :mad:

It's not like our trophy haul during the Roman era has been poor. I think 03/04 and 07/08 are our only trophyless seasons since that one crazy summer almost ten years ago.

We are built to win trophies. I say lets give the high road to Arsenal. High road? The road where you have all the possible explanations lined up why you didn't win anything again.

I hope we make a good run in the EL, go far in FA and win League Cup. We also must ensure CL for next season.

I'm finding it hard to say exactly what my idea of success would be this season because after nearly 47 years of supporting the blues and after all that's gone on at the club this season I'm finding myself thinking I really don't give a sh*t any more until the FSW is gone. f**king hell Chelsea what have you done to me? Fighting depression all the time and it ain't good for the soul.

A CL spot is even more of an achievement now, considering you have Chelsea, both Manchester teams, Arsenal, Everton, Tottenham and perhaps even Liverpool competing for CL spots. That's 7 teams competing for 4 places so it's always good to finish 4th or higher.

Would love to win the League Cup, Fa Cup and get a good run in the Europa League (maybe even win it) and then it'll be a successful season for me. Even CL qualification and one of those trophies would make me happy. But I'll never be truly happy until that Spanish Twat has left.

Well I remember when Liverpool did the treble we could potentially do this season and they acted like it was the best season ever. Yet if we do it no doubt the Scousers will call it the Mickey Mouse treble lol

All in all any trophy win is good I would be extremely proud if we win that treble or any of the 3 really aslong as we also get Champions League football next season.

Archived