Eden Hazard - Chelsea Legend

You get the feeling it’s a wait and see from Hazard, when you weigh up the pros and cons it’s hard to imagine he stays

Pros

You get to be the RM saviour 

Its a life long dream fulfilled 

They have a massive budget

Its a two team competition 

Overall better chances of consistently winning CL and LaLiga

Actual chance of winning the Ballon Dor

Its RMadrid ffs

Cons

Chelsea's inconsistent seasons

Future transfer ban

Limited budget as compared to Real

EPL is a physically taxing competition 

Resurgence of more teams with more money vying for a CL spot at the same time reducing our chance to win the PL

Ownership and club direction uncertainty 

Then there’s the chance to stay and become our all time greatest

I think we’ve got Hazard for good if Real get Jose.

Surely he knows Jose will have his usual meltdown so he’ll only have 1 or 2 good seasons under Jose, playing defensive football.

Or he can stick with us and hopefully we will have sarriball in full flow. Which may bring the best out of Hazard.

34 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

I think we’ve got Hazard for good if Real get Jose.

Surely he knows Jose will have his usual meltdown so he’ll only have 1 or 2 good seasons under Jose, playing defensive football.

Or he can stick with us and hopefully we will have sarriball in full flow. Which may bring the best out of Hazard.

Think you're right. Hazard is a genuinely nice guy and he has said the right things in the past as why be controversial and antagonize anyone - it's just not in his nature. Hazard is a player who just loves to play football his way and that ain't the Mourinho way.

Our best chance to keep Hazard is to win the Europa league, and Madrid signing Neymar with PSG in FFP trouble. I don't think Jose will be a key factor, he will probably last 18 months even if he gets the job, Like people said, Hazard is the nice kind, he will just get on with it.

50 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Eden has directly contributed to 48% of the 50 goals we’ve scored in the league this season with 13 scored and 11 assists.

To say we’re over reliant on him is an understatement and the thought of losing him in the summer is scary.

Usually the best teams have one player that is their success-maker. I think we would adapt to life without Eden but he is really massively important to us. If he doesn't score usually lose. 

Ronaldo left Madrid and they are shambles. 

However Sarri told earlier that Eden is an individual player suggesting that it would be beneficial to have team players. This of course is part of Sarri's fantasy to coach lower level players to make the best team in the world. Reality is you win big things with big individual players playing great football. 

50 minutes ago, Krc-fan said:

That's great news!

Big money, The Special One back and a totally new start with Chelsea youth. Perfect!

Funny guy KRC. No way Jose returns here.

On Eden I would wish him well if he decides to leave. Has given a lot to the club and served us well. Hopefully if this his last season here he ends it with a Europa League winners medal.

Problem is that Madrid needs a proper striker, Kane would suit them well with their style, and Hazard will be booed by the fans more often than not there because they expect a Ronaldo type of player. But he may shine more than here given the weaker defending and the refereeing. In any case, if he goes I wish him well (not Real Madrid).

24 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Annoying that Zidane is going back as it will probably mean Hazard is gone. 

Wonder where that leaves Mo Po with the Real job gone and Ole likely to get the United job. 

I suspect he will stay at Spurs.

Would be surprised if he does go there with our potential transfer ban looming, like Griezmann at Atletico I can't see him leaving us in the sh*t he doesn't seem that sort of character.

Besides they have Vinicius playing on the left at the moment who looks the real deal, aswell as Asensio.

21 minutes ago, dan_cfc said:

Would be surprised if he does go there with our potential transfer ban looming, like Griezmann at Atletico I can't see him leaving us in the sh*t he doesn't seem that sort of character.

Besides they have Vinicius playing on the left at the moment who looks the real deal, aswell as Asensio.

If we get the stay of execution via a CAS appeal then he has the chance to go and not leave us in the lurch, so to speak. As for Vinicius, he's hardly going to be a stumbling block. This is Real we're talking about, they'll happily park him behind Eden for a few years (he's only a teenager, after all) for the sake of adding a new star. 

Reasons for Hazard NOT joining Real Madrid.

• Vinicius is pulling up trees at Madrid. Zidane is also a big fan of Asensio. Both play on the left of attack.
  • He's already mentioned many times that his family are happy in London, he has three young children and may not want to uproot them.
  • He will earn reportedly 400k a week at Chelsea, Madrid won't offer him anymore than that.
  • He genuinely loves the club. He's stated before that if he leaves Chelsea then it will have to be on a high. Maybe if we win the Europa League and secure CL for next season?
  • The incoming transfer ban.

Reasons for Hazard joining Real Madrid.

• He wants to win the Champions League. Lets be honest, we're nowhere near doing it unless we signed three top players.
  • He wants a new adventure. He's been in the Premier League for 6 years, maybe he wants a change of scenery.
  • Courtois' influence of getting him to join.
  • Hazard has already admitted that he would love to play under Zidane.

My own personal opinion, for the first time ever, is that Hazard will leave now that Zidane has taken charge of Madrid. The only thing that goes against this theory is that he said last month that he's made a decision. Maybe Chelsea are waiting till the end of the season to announce it or maybe he knows Madrid will make an offer in the summer and therefore is bracing himself to leave the club.

I wouldn't hold the move against him. With the exception of Fabregas and Costa in attack, he's been surrounded mostly by dross and deserves better in that sense. Hazard leaving gives Hudson Odoi a massive chance to stamp his authority on the team. It's one or the other, I don't think both will stay.

I really hope that Hazard signs the contract but if he doesn't, then I will wish him and his family well. He's made Chelsea worth watching on his own, let alone the 10 others.

Edited by JMaher94

I hope Eden will stay. However it is hard to imagine CHO and Eden staying with us beyond the summer, with Pulisic also joining the squad. Perhaps we have a better chance of keeping CHO if Eden leaves. If he does go to Madrid I just hope we get a decent fee for him.

Guest Sindre
1 hour ago, JMaher94 said:

Reasons for Hazard joining Real Madrid.

I'd say the biggest reason is that he's stated he's already decided on his future and the fact that he hasn't extended with us.
There is more money on the table for him here that he can snap up any minute but he hasn't and that points in the direction of leaving.