Eden Hazard - Chelsea Legend

big blue
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

12 minutes ago, Slojo said:

With a big transfer fee... That's really going past your head isn't it. 

What is that so called big transfer fee, 40m?
You can't buy a quality player like Jorginho with that, you can't buy Kepa with that, you can't buy Pulisic with that, the "big" transfer fee of that amount is actually plain average and our squad is already average if you look at the big picture, until Higuain came we didn't even have a striker what are we talking about here those 40m mean nothing when you lose your best asset and get nothing new in return you are taking 3 steps back but stop going because hey at least this guy Kovacic will be staying.
But the funny thing is, Real Madrid doesn't need Kovacic they would be getting Hazard for less than half his worth, and getting rid of a bench warmer in the process :biggrin: 

Basically anyone that thinks that it's reasonable to let Hazard go for lets say half the price (thought it's less than half) + Kovacic has no idea what he's talking about, Real Madrid would be making jokes about Chelsea for the next 5 years if that deal was made and Chelsea wouldn't even have the funds from that transfer to upgrade the team in comparison to the season before.

Let me guess this new meme now, you think Hazard is irreplaceable, nah bro, Kovacic is a must have!

4 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

What is that so called big transfer fee, 40m?
You can't buy a quality player like Jorginho with that, you can't buy Kepa with that, you can't buy Pulisic with that, the "big" transfer fee of that amount is actually plain average and our squad is already average if you look at the big picture, until Higuain came we didn't even have a striker what are we talking about here those 40m mean nothing when you lose your best asset and get nothing new in return you are taking 3 steps back but stop going because hey at least this guy Kovacic will be staying.
But the funny thing is, Real Madrid doesn't need Kovacic they would be getting Hazard for less than half his worth, and getting rid of a bench warmer in the process :biggrin: 

Basically anyone that thinks that it's reasonable to let Hazard go for lets say half the price (thought it's less than half) + Kovacic has no idea what he's talking about, Real Madrid would be making jokes about Chelsea for the next 5 years if that deal was made and Chelsea wouldn't even have the funds from that transfer to upgrade the team in comparison to the season before.

Let me guess this new meme now, you think Hazard is irreplaceable, nah bro, Kovacic is a must have!

You're getting a little bit boring now, straining and distorting the views that other people have given to make yourself look wise and witty.

And that's coming from ME!   make of that what you will.

Just now, yorkleyblue said:

You're getting a little bit boring now, straining and distorting the views that other people have given to make yourself look wise and witty.

And that's coming from ME!   make of that what you will.

I'm sorry for making you upset but nobody has stated anything good enough to change my mind about this speculation, so I'm not really distorting anything I'm just saying how things are, my opinion didn't change.
Now if you already were against me from the very point I made my opinion known, thinking that I'm boring for you is not that surprising, it means you don't like what you see but can't really offer much so you just want me to stop and shut up.
The problem is I care little about stopping when I encounter people that from the start of the discussion think that they are 100% right on anything they say, 100% of the time and with no real evidence just simply write it down even if it all is just talking speculation and casually offend me or laugh at me directly or indirectly during the discussion as if we were fans of 2 different teams, and I tell you this knowing that you followed my discussion of today from the beginning.

I don't think you really mean what you say, what I say is not about me and it's pretty obvious it's about what I think the club shouldn't do.
I was capable to change my mind and let go of things in the past, if you tell me to let it go now I will do it, but not because I believe that what I say holds no ground.

4 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

I'm sorry for making you upset but nobody has stated anything good enough to change my mind about this speculation, so I'm not really distorting anything I'm just saying how things are, my opinion didn't change.
Now if you already were against me from the very point I made my opinion known, thinking that I'm boring for you is not that surprising, it means you don't like what you see but can't really offer much so you just want me to stop and shut up.
The problem is I care little about stopping when I encounter people that from the start of the discussion think that they are 100% right on anything they say, 100% of the time and with no real evidence just simply write it down even if it all is just talking speculation and casually offend me or laugh at me directly or indirectly during the discussion as if we were fans of 2 different teams, and I tell you this knowing that you followed my discussion of today from the beginning.

I don't think you really mean what you say, what I say is not about me and it's pretty obvious it's about what I think the club shouldn't do.
I was capable to change my mind and let go of things in the past, if you tell me to let it go now I will do it, but not because I believe that what I say holds no ground.

There is a small group of posters on here who like to migrate topic to topic, attacking anyone who has a different view to theirs. They go around liking each others posts to undermine the other person. So just save yourself the headache and ignore them! :smile:

17 minutes ago, BlueKid145 said:

I think that Hazard will end up at Real Madrid, while Pulisic will hopefully be an adequate replacement.

Pulisic will be Willian’s or Pedro’s replacement, not Eden’s. That’ll be CHO & possibly a marquee signing (Dybala, Dembele) etc.

6 hours ago, wallosh said:
22 hours ago, Nibs said:
To be fair, if we lose Hazard, any player replacing him will be a downgrade. 

I agree with you. It's difficult to really find a younger winger in his level this days but I will be very happy to have Dybala, if that's not possible, Dembele or Martial will be manageable.

I raise you Lille’s Pepe.

4 hours ago, Slojo said:

Do Madrid really need him? I've said this before, I can't see why Madrid would want to spend so much money on him when they need to prioritise on replacing Ronaldo and getting in a goal scorer. 

No they don’t, the have 4-5 players on the left already.  Should have pulled a Wenger on Sanchez on him & sold him to any other club not called Madrid.

48 minutes ago, ducavis said:

I raise you Lille’s Pepe.

this is a rumour that seems to be bubbling away in the background, so I'll try pay more interest in Pepe.  The problem being, if they think he's the next hot thing to come from French Football, they'll probably be asking insane amounts of money for him.

If we sell Eden, we have to be looking in the 100M range, and that can be used to bring in another young winger, and bolster the squad in other areas.  I don't think we will sell both Willian and Pedro in the summer, I believe we'll only sell one of them.

So, hypothetically, we could sell Hazard and Willian, and go into next season with: Pulisic, Pepe (or other) CHO, and Pedro as our wingers.  I'd also think that RLC could be used in a pinch there, but I'd rather see him take over the LCM role.

I also agree with @EdinburghBlue that Eden is more susceptible to slow play down, and that maybe doesn't fit with Sarri's style.  So the question then becomes, do we stand by Sarri, or pander to Eden?

1 minute ago, mad_mac said:

this is a rumour that seems to be bubbling away in the background, so I'll try pay more interest in Pepe.  The problem being, if they think he's the next hot thing to come from French Football, they'll probably be asking insane amounts of money for him.

If we sell Eden, we have to be looking in the 100M range, and that can be used to bring in another young winger, and bolster the squad in other areas.  I don't think we will sell both Willian and Pedro in the summer, I believe we'll only sell one of them.

So, hypothetically, we could sell Hazard and Willian, and go into next season with: Pulisic, Pepe (or other) CHO, and Pedro as our wingers.  I'd also think that RLC could be used in a pinch there, but I'd rather see him take over the LCM role.

I also agree with @EdinburghBlue that Eden is more susceptible to slow play down, and that maybe doesn't fit with Sarri's style.  So the question then becomes, do we stand by Sarri, or pander to Eden?

He plays for Lille, compared to Lyon they don’t see to drag a hard bargain. I reckon a £50m bid should do it unless he keeps up his outrageous form. What should help is he is a Chelsea fan, and there is also the Drogba-Ivory Coast connection.

The only problem is the longer Hazard drags on his sideshow, the greater the chances of someone else snapping him up. 16 goals & 8 assists in 23 league games is ridiculous, and it isn’t a one off. Last season he notched 13 goals & 4 assists in 31 league starts.

3 minutes ago, ducavis said:

He plays for Lille, compared to Lyon they don’t see to drag a hard bargain. I reckon a £50m bid should do it unless he keeps up his outrageous form. What should help is he is a Chelsea fan, and there is also the Drogba-Ivory Coast connection.

The only problem is the longer Hazard drags on his sideshow, the greater the chances of someone else snapping him up. 16 goals & 8 assists in 23 league games is ridiculous, and it isn’t a one off. Last season he notched 13 goals & 4 assists in 31 league starts.

Cheers Ducavis, I bow to your superior knowledge on the lad.  I've seen him come up a few times on twitter by Chelsea fan acounts, but I never know how seriously to take them.  I know he scored a couple of nights ago in a 2-1 loss to Renne in the French Cup.  I also know that he's a Chelsea fan (probably due to Drogba), so it would be good if we could act fast on him should his form continue.

I agree with you, we need to act fast on the Eden situation.  The worst possible outcome is we toy around for too long, Eden then leaves, and we are left scrambling at the end of a window and spend over the odds for the likes of Zaha

44 minutes ago, ducavis said:

Not to mention, we have done some somewhat seamless business with Lille in the past, for our boy Hazard.  Agreed that, if we want him, 50m would do it.

4 hours ago, Remodez said:

I actually don't care if he leaves. Might even force us to start being/building more of a team instead of relying on Hazard. 

I can't say I don't care, like not at all, he's a legend and an incredible footballer, but you could be right... 

If we do sell him we expect to be massively compensated in talent just like Spurs did with Bale. 

1 hour ago, JM7 said:

Cesc Fabregas - 

"If Hazard has said that he already made his decision, then I think it's because he'll renew his contract with Chelsea"

Think Cesc is wanting to be polite. 

Or Cesc actually knows the bloke quite well and isn't just making random guesses from the internet

Edited by yorkleyblue

12 hours ago, Slojo said:

I can't say I don't care, like not at all, he's a legend and an incredible footballer, but you could be right... 

If we do sell him we expect to be massively compensated in talent just like Spurs did with Bale. 

No doubting his talent but his constant references to Real Madrid have sort of tarnished his legacy for me. Fully ready to admit that's just me being petty but I can't shake it nonetheless. 

1 hour ago, Remodez said:

No doubting his talent but his constant references to Real Madrid have sort of tarnished his legacy for me. Fully ready to admit that's just me being petty but I can't shake it nonetheless. 

Can't hold it against you I guess, I was very hurt when Lampard went to City, especially given that we were both in the title race with one another. 

Hazard has not tarnished his legacy for me, I think he just keeps getting asked questions and he's telling people he'll make his mind up in the summer. He has said that all season to be fair to him now he's said he has made his mind up but will let everyone know when it's best. 

I think he has been fair, if he wants to go he can go, he has been a great servant here, I'll really miss him. 

7 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Can't hold it against you I guess, I was very hurt when Lampard went to City, especially given that we were both in the title race with one another. 

Hazard has not tarnished his legacy for me, I think he just keeps getting asked questions and he's telling people he'll make his mind up in the summer. He has said that all season to be fair to him now he's said he has made his mind up but will let everyone know when it's best. 

I think he has been fair, if he wants to go he can go, he has been a great servant here, I'll really miss him. 

I agree.