Eden Hazard - Chelsea Legend

big blue
Chelsea Megastore

I hate to be the pessimist here but I don’t think we’re getting 100+ mill for Hazard

Just watch. Real are probably going to piss about and not put in a bid until late July

When they do finally bid, it’ll be for 60 mill or some bullsh*t lowball offer

What would we do then? 

Is there another scenario I’m not seeing?

Edited by dustbin719

Surprising move if it happens ... he would have the opportunity to perhaps set all sorts of club records if he stayed here for another 5 years (maybe even beat Lampard's goal record ?).

Real Madrid are in a downward spiral right now, plus you are forever in the shadow of Ronaldo CR7 at that club.

Maybe he is after better weather ? It won't be money, as he would have a great offer to stay with us ...

If he goes, that will conclude our brief flirtation with Belgians I guess ...

3 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

Surprising move if it happens ... he would have the opportunity to perhaps set all sorts of club records if he stayed here for another 5 years (maybe even beat Lampard's goal record ?).

Real Madrid are in a downward spiral right now, plus you are forever in the shadow of Ronaldo CR7 at that club.

Maybe he is after better weather ? It won't be money, as he would have a great offer to stay with us ...

If he goes, that will conclude our brief flirtation with Belgians I guess ...

Not sure if the records interest him. He has never really taljed about records in that way. 

Real Madrid are okay. They are living post-Zizou slump and will come out of it. Biggest club in the world still I think. 

If he wants to experience something else RM is a good place to do it. It seems to be all up to what he prefers. 

I really hope he stays.

Saying that, he's been here 6 years which is good service... if he does go, the world will keep spinning and new club legends will be born.  In recent years we have lost Cech, Terry, Lamps, Drogba, the absolute heart of Chelsea for quite some time.. although we haven't been quite the same since, we still went on to deliver something most seasons. 

Real are the footballing apex if we are being honest, even though a lot of their fans are entitled arseholes, it still has huge appeal for almost every player.

24 minutes ago, Zola said:

I really hope he stays.

Saying that, he's been here 6 years which is good service... if he does go, the world will keep spinning and new club legends will be born.  In recent years we have lost Cech, Terry, Lamps, Drogba, the absolute heart of Chelsea for quite some time.. although we haven't been quite the same since, we still went on to deliver something most seasons. 

Real are the footballing apex if we are being honest, even though a lot of their fans are entitled arseholes, it still has huge appeal for almost every player.

My issue with him is we don’t owe him a move to Madrid, and like Dustbin719 suggested Madrid just have to wait till mid August & put in a £60m deal. He has been offered a contract for over a year now, why didn’t he sign it then & requested a clause of say £150m to be inserted? Personally would have given him till 31st Dec 2018 to sign the contract and put him up for sale. Bayern & PSG are after wingers, and PSG would have likely paid something closer to £150m in Jan. 

Irony is he is probably 5th choice behind Neymar, Mbappe, Kane & Salah.

9 hours ago, dustbin719 said:

I hate to be the pessimist here but I don’t think we’re getting 100+ mill for Hazard

Just watch. Real are probably going to piss about and not put in a bid until late July

When they do finally bid, it’ll be for 60 mill or some bullsh*t lowball offer

What would we do then? 

Is there another scenario I’m not seeing?

We won't sell for that low. You obviously think lowly of Marina to think she'll be lowballed.

She might not be a football person, but when it comes to selling players for good money she usually gets what she wants.

If Hazard doesn't get sold, it's not like we won't be happy to keep him for another season and he goes for free. 

Hazard has been making noises for a while and we have had no serious offers.

The worst scenario is come late summer nothing has happened and we start letting other players go and then last minute Real Madrid or another club like PSG come in late and mess up our transfer window.

Just saw this description of Coutinho's problems at Barca:

“He also doesn't appear to be a natural stylistic fit, choosing far too often to take extra touches and attempt to dribble past defenders, rather than keeping the ball moving with rapid passing in line with the team's preferred strategy."

Have to say, it sounds familiar.

6 minutes ago, Kentonio said:

Just saw this description of Coutinho's problems at Barca:

“He also doesn't appear to be a natural stylistic fit, choosing far too often to take extra touches and attempt to dribble past defenders, rather than keeping the ball moving with rapid passing in line with the team's preferred strategy."

Have to say, it sounds familiar.

This summary is interesting as i've seen us linked with Coutinho should Hazard leave. Doesn't seem like a natural fit for Sarrismo. 

58 minutes ago, enigma said:

We won't sell for that low. You obviously think lowly of Marina to think she'll be lowballed.

She might not be a football person, but when it comes to selling players for good money she usually gets what she wants.

If Hazard doesn't get sold, it's not like we won't be happy to keep him for another season and he goes for free. 

I do think highly of Marina when it comes to negotiations. But isn't this another T-Bo situation all over again? 

No matter how good of a negotiator you are, if your opponent knows the cards you hold (aka Hazard not interested in re-signing and would walk for free if need be), there's really not alot of leverage on our side of the table. I don't see Hazard going AWOL to start the next season if he doesn't get his move, which would help things a bit, but we are still in a very difficult position.

The only thing I can think of, is if we can get the likes of Bayern, PSG, Barca and Juventus interested as well. If Neymar moves, then try to get PSG to pay over the odds to beat out the competition. 

8 minutes ago, dustbin719 said:

I do think highly of Marina when it comes to negotiations. But isn't this another T-Bo situation all over again? 

No matter how good of a negotiator you are, if your opponent knows the cards you hold (aka Hazard not interested in re-signing and would walk for free if need be), there's really not alot of leverage on our side of the table. I don't see Hazard going AWOL to start the next season if he doesn't get his move, which would help things a bit, but we are still in a very difficult position.

The only thing I can think of, is if we can get the likes of Bayern, PSG, Barca and Juventus interested as well. If Neymar moves, then try to get PSG to pay over the odds to beat out the competition. 

It’s a done deal IMO. No doubt his agent has met with Real, off the record.

It doesn’t matter who bids other than Real, because the player doesn’t want to go anywhere else and will turn any other move down.

Six years service is a good shift, but pisses me off a bit the way these come and get me, shifty manoevres always seem to via interviews with foreign press or obscure TV companies, all choreographed by the players agents.

If he wants away, no problem, just stop playing the tart.

With all this rumours about the possibility of Hazard leaving, you just wonder why didn't even try to sign Gelson Martins. I don't have any trust in Marina to get a good replacement, when Hazard leaves, all I can see as his replacement are either Zaha, L Moura, Shaqiri, Carrasco, Bernadeschi or Perisic . If you are expecting his replacement to be someone like Dybala, Martial, Dembele, Insigne, Fekir or Isco, you will need to think twice!

31 minutes ago, wallosh said:

With all this rumours about the possibility of Hazard leaving, you just wonder why didn't even try to sign Gelson Martins. I don't have any trust in Marina to get a good replacement, when Hazard leaves, all I can see as his replacement are either Zaha, L Moura, Shaqiri, Carrasco, Bernadeschi or Perisic . If you are expecting his replacement to be someone like Dybala, Martial, Dembele, Insigne, Fekir or Isco, you will need to think twice!

Hasn't Gelson Martins just been shipped out of Atletico for being sh*t? Not the best choice you could have made for this point.

50 minutes ago, wallosh said:

I'd rather Zaha. However, I think if Hudson-Odoi stays he'll be integrated to take that position. I honestly think it will be Pulisic and Odoi with Higuain or another world class striker.

We need another creative, goal threat central  midfielder like Bruno Fernandes of Sporting Lisbon. There is also Mount. It depends what route we want to take. 

25 minutes ago, enigma said:

I'd rather Zaha. However, I think if Hudson-Odoi stays he'll be integrated to take that position. I honestly think it will be Pulisic and Odoi with Higuain or another world class striker.

We need another creative, goal threat central  midfielder like Bruno Fernandes of Sporting Lisbon. There is also Mount. It depends what route we want to take. 

I think Zaha is a good shout (although I was mocked when throwing his name about pre-season!!)

It will be a bit ludicrous that we would probably have to pay CPFC something in the region of £70M and might only get £100M (only!) for Hazard who we all know is on a different level, but I think he is very decent and would give us pace along with CHO (assuming we can keep him).