Eden Hazard - Chelsea Legend

Real Madrid will kick off the bidding for Eden Hazard at £70m. The Spanish giants know Chelsea will turn down the bid but this is the start of their statement of intent to land Hazard. Real representatives have already visited London for talks on a deal. (via @neilashton_) #CFC

7 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Real Madrid will kick off the bidding for Eden Hazard at £70m. The Spanish giants know Chelsea will turn down the bid but this is the start of their statement of intent to land Hazard. Real representatives have already visited London for talks on a deal. (via @neilashton_) #CFC

Sounds about right no way we are getting that £100m figure.  Would be interesting to see if a deal is struck before the season ends, as Madrid have already announced the signing of Militao. My guess is it will be kept quiet till the end of the season, and pending our appeal. He did play us by running down his contract. 

1 hour ago, ducavis said:

Sounds about right no way we are getting that £100m figure.  Would be interesting to see if a deal is struck before the season ends, as Madrid have already announced the signing of Militao. My guess is it will be kept quiet till the end of the season, and pending our appeal. He did play us by running down his contract. 

Not really. If anything we played him by making promises we'd drastically improve the squad yet left him with Willian and Pedro up top for the last 4 years. 

On 06/03/2019 at 15:12, big blue said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/45851960

I was surprised aswell, but it's not as if the question was even setup in a way where hazard was just being respectful. I think he feels he let Mourinho down to some extent. 

I think his words were misconstrued. He was basically saying who out of his past managers he would play for again if he had to pick one, and looking at the list of managers he has played for he was always going to say Jose, even more so at a time the Conte fallout at Chelsea was still raw.

Thank you for the amazing displays you have shown in the Chelsea shirt Eden. You have done some truly outstanding things and scored some beautiful goals, helped us win some big honours and created many wonderful memories.

Good luck in Madrid and may your dream be truly fulfilled. You will always be welcomed back at the Bridge as one of our greatest ever players. Please leave in a manner befitting such a player, and not like your mate Tibo.

13 minutes ago, Aryagorn said:

Raheem Sterling: 19 goals & 16 assists

Eden Hazard: 16 goals & 11 assists

And? Sterling plays in a much better team who are top of the league, the fact that Hazard's stats aren't even that far behind is quite telling actually. 

Sterling is one of the most overrated players in the world. 

Just now, Slojo said:

And? Sterling plays in a much better team who are top of the league, the fact that Hazard's stats aren't even that far behind is quite telling actually. 

Sterling is one of the most overrated players in the world. 

Raheem Sterling has been a massive contributor for Manchester City in the recent two seasons (including this).

Hazard is far more skilled than him indeed, but there's no denial that Sterling has a better end product and will only continue to improve.

14 minutes ago, Aryagorn said:

Raheem Sterling has been a massive contributor for Manchester City in the recent two seasons (including this).

Hazard is far more skilled than him indeed, but there's no denial that Sterling has a better end product and will only continue to improve.

He doesn't have better end product at all, he's just playing in a better team. Sterling gets a few clear chances every game, Hazard has to double the work just to get one chance. Take Sterling out City and put him in team that isn't as good, and he struggles. Just look at how he plays for England. The guy can barely do anything right.

1 hour ago, Aryagorn said:

How? You posted those statistics like they prove your point, they don't. 

Hazard isn't even far behind him and we sit in 6th place with no goal scorer. 

Do you honestly think if Hazard played with the likes of David Silva, Bernardo Silva, Mahrez, Aguero, Sane he wouldn't have better stats? Sterling definitely thrives in that setup and he rakes in the numbers, he's on the end of the final 3rd, but he's nowhere near Hazard's level. The fact that I even have to argue this with you is very telling, do you even watch both players play? 

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

He doesn't have better end product at all, he's just playing in a better team. Sterling gets a few clear chances every game, Hazard has to double the work just to get one chance. Take Sterling out City and put him in team that isn't as good, and he struggles. Just look at how he plays for England. The guy can barely do anything right.

Just think of the stats Hazard would have had if Morata didn't miss every single one on one opportunity, most of them where Hazard's balls. 

14 minutes ago, teampjta said:

Really sick of reading about whether he’s staying or going, wish hed just make up his f**king mind and move on

Us showing him no ambition and effort really doesn't make his case to stay strong. If anything, he is currently trying to give Chelsea a chance, but just like any hard headed man, we wont change, so the lady will walk away and be in the arms of another man eventually. 

6 hours ago, teampjta said:

Really sick of reading about whether he’s staying or going, wish hed just make up his f**king mind and move on

Well in a recent interview, he apparently has made his mind up.

I have already accepted that he is going to leave. The way I see it is that if he has made his mind up, and he decided to stay with us, then the contract would already have been signed. He obviously doesn't want to say he is leaving yet because it's not the thing you do half way through a season.

2 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Well in a recent interview, he apparently has made his mind up.

I have already accepted that he is going to leave. The way I see it is that if he has made his mind up, and he decided to stay with us, then the contract would already have been signed. He obviously doesn't want to say he is leaving yet because it's not the thing you do half way through a season.

The only way he would have stayed is if Madrid wasn’t interested and everyone knows they are. I’ve read in a few places that we are asking for £100m which I’m sure Madrid will pay. 

7 hours ago, teampjta said:

He has said that he'll make his mind up when the season is finished... Not sure how complicated that is. 

In London, Chelsea has deemed a first bid insufficient, but that the door is now open for further negotiations. #CFC want to get the most out of Hazard. No less than €115m for a player locked in for another year and does not want to re-sign. A deal seems inevitable. (HLN) #RMCF

Chelsea has rejected Real Madrid's first bid for Eden Hazard, but that does not change much. One more will follow. #CFC #RMCF (via @HLNinEngeland

9 hours ago, teampjta said:

This is the guy who used social media riddles to announce who he wa signing for when he came here. I wouldn’t expect any straight forward answers.

Hes gone though, obvious he wants out and tbh who can blame him, we are a team going nowhere while 4 or 5 clubs are well ahead of us now. 

2 hours ago, JM7 said:

In London, Chelsea has deemed a first bid insufficient, but that the door is now open for further negotiations. #CFC want to get the most out of Hazard. No less than €115m for a player locked in for another year and does not want to re-sign. A deal seems inevitable. (HLN) #RMCF

Chelsea has rejected Real Madrid's first bid for Eden Hazard, but that does not change much. One more will follow. #CFC #RMCF (via @HLNinEngeland

I read somewhere they offered £75m which is a complete joke.

The club shouldn't be mocked in that way, we know his value and as our best player he is worth £100m so anything lower is almost an insult or something.

Q: Look, I have a friend who has been playing in the Premier League for 7 years. At a club that plays in blue. He has won everything there and is ready for a new challenge. He is now in the interest of another club, one in a white outfit. What would you recommend to this boy?"

Eden Hazard: "Well, buy that friend a white shirt.” #CFC #RMCF (HLN)

Didnt take long for his first comment about Real Madrid did it...

4 hours ago, JM7 said:

Q: Look, I have a friend who has been playing in the Premier League for 7 years. At a club that plays in blue. He has won everything there and is ready for a new challenge. He is now in the interest of another club, one in a white outfit. What would you recommend to this boy?"

Eden Hazard: "Well, buy that friend a white shirt.” #CFC #RMCF (HLN)

Didnt take long for his first comment about Real Madrid did it...

Where is this quote and question? I want to see it. Also pretty sad state of affairs if its true. Can only blame the board for lacking ambition. I used to be pissed off at Hazard for flirting with Madrid but not anymore. He gave us a lot of chances to change for the best, but we have accepted mediocrity. We are top 4 at best in England and there are many other clubs in other leagues better then us and with more ambition.