Eden Hazard - Chelsea Legend

big blue
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Really showed we were awful without him in the team, as soon as he came on things start to click. He should have came on at HT, unless Sarri was content with 0:0. I was disappointed with that play in the dying minutes, when he was running at defenders with 3 on 3, should have taken the shot like the boss instead of leaving to Barkley to finish off the job. Had he missed, we'd just accept and move on, instead he left the most important part of the job to lesser team mate. I get it he's a great team player, but you don't see Messi/Ronaldo pass up the opportunity to others in situation like that.

2 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Really showed we were awful without him in the team, as soon as he came on things start to click. He should have came on at HT, unless Sarri was content with 0:0. I was disappointed with that play in the dying minutes, when he was running at defenders with 3 on 3, should have taken the shot like the boss instead of leaving to Barkley to finish off the job. Had he missed, we'd just accept and move on, instead he left the most important part of the job to lesser team mate. I get it he's a great team player, but you don't see Messi/Ronaldo pass up the opportunity to others in situation like that.

Nah man Hazard made the right decision. Barkley should have done a lot better with that chance. That was a 1 on 1 with the goalkeeper.

Still don't get why he decided to let the ball run on to his (left) weaker foot instead of taking a touch and putting it on his right foot. 

Lad

I think Tottenham, for two or three years, have been one of the best teams in England. That is for sure. I don’t like that, to be fair – we are Chelsea, and it is a big derby against them – but we have to accept it. For the Premier League it is good: a new stadium, they have top players. But, in the end, you know at Chelsea we have won a lot of trophies, and they have not. So I hope this continues.”

On 31/03/2019 at 22:20, Ernie_blue said:

Without him we would be an average team, I dont blame him for waiting on Real Madrid. 

I don't think we'll be an average team in fact fare from it.Of course any team would miss a player of his caliber but with CHO now looking like he can step up and Pulisic coming in the summer plus Willian and Pedro I think we'll be ok next season in that position if he does leave.

Bigger problem is who's gonna be in charge and what we gonna do without a 30+ plus goal striker again next year if we can't sign anyone in the summer.

22 minutes ago, Ray_Cfc said:

I don't think we'll be an average team in fact fare from it.Of course any team would miss a player of his caliber but with CHO now looking like he can step up and Pulisic coming in the summer plus Willian and Pedro I think we'll be ok next season in that position if he does leave.

Bigger problem is who's gonna be in charge and what we gonna do without a 30+ plus goal striker again next year if we can't sign anyone in the summer.

The current team would be average without Hazard, no consistent striker or any other player in the squad who can assist, score or in fact even do half of what Hazard does. Looking to the future we dont know anything about Pulisic yet and CHO is only 18. 

17 hours ago, evissy said:

If Haz doesn't commit to a new deal we need to sell him now. Pretty simple. We will drop a level for sure but Hudson-Odoi gives me hope for future. Pulisic is a wildcard. 

We will sell him. But we will haggle over the price for so long it will f**k up our summer. 

18 hours ago, evissy said:

If Haz doesn't commit to a new deal we need to sell him now. Pretty simple. We will drop a level for sure but Hudson-Odoi gives me hope for future. Pulisic is a wildcard. 

The problem is, Pulisic and Hudson-Odoi are players for the future. Neither at reaching their peak yet. Hazard is at his peak. We are hoping for CHO and Pulisic to all of a sudden become world beaters at 18 and 20 years of age. It won't happen. If we don't get the summer we will be f**ked. We will have no striker, and we'll be pinning our hopes on two very young players. It's all well and good for people to say bring back Tammy, Mount, James etc, but what direction do the club want to go in? Because what is the point of getting a CL place if we'll have a pretty average side to field for the competition in the first place. If the club want to put less pressure on the manager for results and instead focus on blooding in youth, then fine, but we all know Roman, he won't want to go without being competitive. 

5 minutes ago, enigma said:

The problem is, Pulisic and Hudson-Odoi are players for the future. Neither at reaching their peak yet. Hazard is at his peak. We are hoping for CHO and Pulisic to all of a sudden become world beaters at 18 and 20 years of age. It won't happen. If we don't get the summer we will be f**ked. We will have no striker, and we'll be pinning our hopes on two very young players. It's all well and good for people to say bring back Tammy, Mount, James etc, but what direction do the club want to go in? Because what is the point of getting a CL place if we'll have a pretty average side to field for the competition in the first place. If the club want to put less pressure on the manager for results and instead focus on blooding in youth, then fine, but we all know Roman, he won't want to go without being competitive. 

I'm fine with that. Give all those young players Champions league and Premier league games and in 2 years we can be champions of Europe again.

1 minute ago, Gol15 said:

I'm fine with that. Give all those young players Champions league and Premier league games and in 2 years we can be champions of Europe again.

That's assuming no other club improves. In 2 years it's very possible Tottenham, Utd, Arsenal could all improve. Without a summer transfer window, all three of those clubs could potentially overtake us due to being able to sign players. On top of that, Pep doesn't look to be going anywhere and if Klopp wins a trophy this season, it's highly likely they will attract more top players. That's not taking into account Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich getting stronger. The CL is a long way off for us I imagine. 

40 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

We will sell him. But we will haggle over the price for so long it will f**k up our summer. 

This; Personally would have sold him since last season but here we are.

Just hope it is resolved by June tops so we can move on.

37 minutes ago, ducavis said:

This; Personally would have sold him since last season but here we are.

Just hope it is resolved by June tops so we can move on.

Why? One of the best players in the planet. If is just because you are tired of the talk you should think this through one more time. Best scenario is Eden signs a new contract with us. That is still a possibility in my books. 

CHO and Pulisic wont solve a single problem but if we can't sign anyone we have what we have and that is it. Best thing is we need to throw CHO in the deep end. I think he can handle it. This will automatically put pressure on Pedro and Willian. All eyes will turn to them. They need to produce. 

47 minutes ago, enigma said:

That's assuming no other club improves. In 2 years it's very possible Tottenham, Utd, Arsenal could all improve. Without a summer transfer window, all three of those clubs could potentially overtake us due to being able to sign players. On top of that, Pep doesn't look to be going anywhere and if Klopp wins a trophy this season, it's highly likely they will attract more top players. That's not taking into account Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich getting stronger. The CL is a long way off for us I imagine. 

Aye it is a long way off but think about it we can build a new generation capable of taking the spotlight because our attack can end up being very strong we would "only" need new experience in defense.

Though to be fair, Man City and Liverpool can't improve much more in my eyes, they will be looking to keep the current level going as long as possible and that's the hardest thing to do, Manutd did it with 1 good generation though and we can end up similar to that with our youth.

3 hours ago, enigma said:

If Hazard is sold, I think it will be important for us to sell one or either Pedro or Willian, and sign a winger, preferably Pepe from Lille.  Pedro/Willian can play a few cup games to help keep the other 3 fresh, but otherwise we rely on CHO, Pulisic, and a new winger signing.  Then we aren’t solely reliant on 2 young players to help make up losing Hazard’s contributions.

4 hours ago, enigma said:

We are hoping for CHO and Pulisic to all of a sudden become world beaters at 18 and 20 years of age. 

Didn't stop players like Rooney, Owen and Ronaldo. 

CHO looks the real deal. Throw him in at the deep end next season and there's no knowing just how good he can be. 

I hate watching Sky Sports after Hazard puts in a top performance. Every time they say the same sh*t "he needs to do more".......it's boring. All they talk about is stats. Goals and assists win you games, but he scores and assists enough for me. Not every world class player needs to be scoring and assisting 20+.

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

I hate watching Sky Sports after Hazard puts in a top performance. Every time they say the same sh*t "he needs to do more".......it's boring. All they talk about is stats. Goals and assists win you games, but he scores and assists enough for me. Not every world class player needs to be scoring and assisting 20+.

Funnily enough he's scored+assisted more than any player this season.