Eden Hazard - Chelsea Legend

big blue
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

44 minutes ago, Slojo said:

It's crazy how Madrid have got Junior, Isco and Asencio, all younger and they want Hazard. 

Hazard is a special talent though. They would be making a profit just from shirt sells. However, i wouldn't be surprised if Hazard signed a new deal with us to become one of the greats for this club. I think he is settled and us fans adore him and he knows that. 

Just now, Gentian said:

Hazard is a special talent though. They would be making a profit just from shirt sells. However, i wouldn't be surprised if Hazard signed a new deal with us to become one of the greats for this club. I think he is settled and us fans adore him and he knows that. 

Based on how things have been going recently, I'd be very surprised if he signed a new contract with us lol.

2 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

I've wondered why they haven't been in for Salah or Mane.  Both younger than Hazard, but I suppose Hazard is easier to buy at the moment.

Salah and Mane will be  very difficult to get due to both signing new contracts recently. Also they are only a year younger than Hazard and like you say Hazard's contract situation. 

1 hour ago, Gentian said:

How do people still say this bollocks in this day and age. Thought this absolute myth got busted years ago??

50 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

How do people still say this bollocks in this day and age. Thought this absolute myth got busted years ago??

Bollocks! What you on about? Like some of your posts but such language is ridiculous and very unproductive.

I am not an accountant but did follow the Ronaldo juventus deal and guess what they did make a profit and Ronaldo was sold 100 million where as hazard would be surprised if he went more than 70 million as it's his last year with us. How about Mbappe being quoted for 250 million? Or us getting Pulisic for a ridiculous amount? Don't you think commercial aspects don't influence fees? 

Anyway back to the topic would love for him to stay but if he goes all the best to him, we had big players leave in the past and the club continued to do well. 

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

I thought so too.  The manufacturer is the real winner, club only gets the money from the sponsorship deal and maybe a slight kickback?

1 minute ago, Gentian said:

Bollocks! What you on about? Like some of your posts but such language is ridiculous and very unproductive.

I am not an accountant but did follow the Ronaldo juventus deal and guess what they did make a profit and Ronaldo was sold 100 million where as hazard would be surprised if he went more than 70 million as it's his last year with us. How about Mbappe being quoted for 250 million? Or us getting Pulisic for a ridiculous amount? Don't you think commercial aspects don't influence fees? 

Anyway back to the topic would love for him to stay but if he goes all the best to him, we had big players leave in the past and the club continued to do well. 

Adidas or Nike make the money. Not the club. That myth was busted with the Pogba and Zlatan transfers. The club make next to f**k all from shirt sales. Also, no Juventus haven't made any profit from the Ronaldo deal PMSL. 

Give this a read: https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/premier-league-transfer-news-epl-cristiano-ronaldo-shirt-sales-fee-net-worth-contract-how-long-a8456191.html

9 minutes ago, Gentian said:

There have been several articles written over the last couple of years by those that understand how this works outlining why clubs make very little to no money off player shirt sales.  Here is one such article that specifically addresses the CR7/Juve deal:

Shirt Sales

Here is another that talks about shirt sales not recouping transfer fees:

Shirt sales & transfers

Edited by Boston Blue

10 minutes ago, Gentian said:

You're wrong. The clubs make f all from shirt sales. That money goes to the manufacturers. 

Edit: Just seen all the replies above... ?

Edited by Old Shaggy

13 hours ago, Boston Blue said:

There have been several articles written over the last couple of years by those that understand how this works outlining why clubs make very little to no money off player shirt sales.  Here is one such article that specifically addresses the CR7/Juve deal:

Shirt Sales

Here is another that talks about shirt sales not recouping transfer fees:

Shirt sales & transfers

Shirt sales yeah are a myth, but if Chelsea signed Ronaldo then we would be able to charge more on commercial deals and we would be able to get more commercial deals, including shirt sponsorship. 

Pulisic as an example, if he becomes a first team player then we can make a number of US based commercial deals off the back of him. His value would be paid back.

23 hours ago, bisright1 said:

Shirt sales yeah are a myth, but if Chelsea signed Ronaldo then we would be able to charge more on commercial deals and we would be able to get more commercial deals, including shirt sponsorship. 

Pulisic as an example, if he becomes a first team player then we can make a number of US based commercial deals off the back of him. His value would be paid back.

So glad we're signing players based on POTENTIAL commercial value over ability. 

As for if we signed Ronaldo, most of our commercial deals are locked in for the foreseeable future. Nike until 2033/34 for example. Can't exactly say 'alright lads, i know we agreed a deal but chuck us a bit more cash now'.

On 25/03/2019 at 19:09, RIP Mourinho said:

Adidas or Nike make the money. Not the club. That myth was busted with the Pogba and Zlatan transfers. The club make next to f**k all from shirt sales. Also, no Juventus haven't made any profit from the Ronaldo deal PMSL. 

Give this a read: https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/premier-league-transfer-news-epl-cristiano-ronaldo-shirt-sales-fee-net-worth-contract-how-long-a8456191.html

Often wondered it would be the manufacturers getting most of the sum. 

Even so, are you going to tell me M'bappe or Neymar won't sell as many shirts as Hazard? Even Salah might be in without a shout given his market. 

1 hour ago, PloKoon13 said:

Hazard and I were born in the same week... while I'm sat here drunk at 10am, I feel like he may have made more of his life than I did...

He probably had muesli for breakfast with some kind of weird smoothie with vegetables in. I find your approach to Saturday morning much more appealing.

2 hours ago, PloKoon13 said:

Hazard and I were born in the same week... while I'm sat here drunk at 10am, I feel like he may have made more of his life than I did...

You went to a Shed End piss-up, how is that not making the most of your life!

1 hour ago, Nibs said:

WHAT a Legend.

No Hazard today and we don't get back in the game. Anything any good today and Hazard was at the centre of it. Absolute different class and MOTM.

I can't understand why he get's criticism from some fans, he is without a doubt our most important player. He's by far our player of the year this season, without him, we would rarely win a game.