Eden Hazard - Chelsea Legend

big blue
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

I still think if he goes to Madrid its a huge gamble for him and them as he simply isnt the kind of player they need, or the kind of player they fans are waiting for. They want a replacement for Ronaldo, they need to replace his goals and his need and desire to win at all costs, his arrogance and ego. Hazard will bring none of them.

17 minutes ago, dkw said:

I still think if he goes to Madrid its a huge gamble for him and them as he simply isnt the kind of player they need, or the kind of player they fans are waiting for. They want a replacement for Ronaldo, they need to replace his goals and his need and desire to win at all costs, his arrogance and ego. Hazard will bring none of them.

I don't think he'd be expected to replace Ronaldo's goals, I think Real are looking to overhaul their attack this summer. 

They'll proably sign a new striker to replace Benzema too and there's a good chance of them letting Bale leave. 

Just for arguments sake they sign Hazard and Lewandowski in the summer I think attack wise they'd look much better than they do now. 

I hope we can all just enjoy Eden while he is still at Chelsea. He’s earned everything and deserves to be celebrated like the King he is. I know Peter Osgood is the king of Stamford Bridge... but I believe Eden is the modern day king of Stamford Bridge. Put him with the likes of Zola, Lamps, Terry, Osgood etc.

I don’t expect him to stay, but if that somehow happens... in my opinion he becomes the absolute king of Stamford Bridge. I look forward to 25 years from now when we will still be singing his name. Eden is forever Chelsea. He is a blue.

Eden please stay.

6 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I don't think he'd be expected to replace Ronaldo's goals, I think Real are looking to overhaul their attack this summer. 

They'll proably sign a new striker to replace Benzema too and there's a good chance of them letting Bale leave. 

Just for arguments sake they sign Hazard and Lewandowski in the summer I think attack wise they'd look much better than they do now. 

Any sensible fan will agree with that, Madrid fans are f**kwits though and will demand goals from Hazard, probably turn on him the second he smiles when they lose or some other rubbish. They have 3 or 4 players like him also so if he displaces one of their favourite Spanish sons like Isco or Vazquez then he will become a target for their misplace ire should they lose a few games. Like I said, in my opinion its a huge gamble for him but one I expect he will want to take.

As much as I wish Hazard all the best, I think that he should understand that the club should get £100m for his transfer to Madrid and nothing lower than that.

He shouldn't just leave in any way because he wants to leave, but in the right, proper way and Real Madrid is obviously playing on the fact that Hazard would like to join them so they play low ball.

If they want to sign him they should look to show some signs that they understand how good he is, but this whole transfer saga around Hazard to Madrid has been a Real Madrid attitude of something like: "We are Real Madrid and our fans used to boo Ronaldo if he doesn't score in 2 home games in a row, no player is impressive enough for us so you should feel lucky that we want to give you a chance to play for us..."

Hazard, IMO should show that he could very likely end up signing a new contract with us, specially if he's already not treated properly in his own transfer saga by Real Madrid, because Chelsea is clearly saying that Hazard is priceless but that if he does want to leave he does have a high value that is justified.

20 hours ago, enigma said:

His game isn't based off pace per se, but he is a quick player and tends to use his pace to his advantage to beat players. I think as he ages, things may be different.

Its more the change in acceleration rather than flat out pace... being able to slow down then burst forward for a few yards. 

Damn I’m going to miss him when he goes.

The time certainly has arrived now, being 28 he could only stay here for good or go. Sadly I think he’ll go, I don’t blame him though it’s so frustrating we haven’t been able to compete for league title consistently.

Special player, certainly the most talented player I have ever seen at Chelsea.

13 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Hazard should consider Zidane quitting on Real again, Real aren't the pull they were a few years ago, playing a poor second fiddle to Barca presently

That maybe true but it doesn't matter, RM are still virtually guaranteed a Champions League place year after year.

They jettisoned Ronaldo because of his huge wage bill while having a new stadium to pay for, be interesting to see if they're willing to stump up the cash but my feeling is no they're going to play this one out as they did with Courtois and leave Eden to take the flack and force the move. Hope not, but if RM can save £50 mil and they know the  player wants the move? 

Edited by antdad

23 hours ago, dkw said:

And a 100 million price tag is a lot of money (which is what's been speculated in the media anyway) when you need to sign a goal scorer. 

Realistically they should be looking at signing the likes of Neymar, Mbappe or Salah. Could they afford to splash out after signing Hazard for that price? 

So Madrid are spending £100m on Hazard.

They also need someone to either replace or compete with Benzema, say another £80m?

Modric is getting old and rumoured to want to go to Italy last summer. To replace him, £75m?

Ramos is 33 and Varane wanting to go, Koulibaly or someone to replace? £75m?

Add to the fact Zidane doesn't want Courtois and there are rumours they could bid for Kepa that's another £75m minimum.

Gonna be a massive summer for Real Madrid and Hazard seems like a waste of time and money for them.

Still expect to see him in Royal White come August.

10 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

They also need someone to either replace or compete with Benzema, say another £80m?

Modric is getting old and rumoured to want to go to Italy last summer. To replace him, £75m?

Add to the fact Zidane doesn't want Courtois and there are rumours they could bid for Kepa that's another £75m minimum.

Gonna be a massive summer for Real Madrid and Hazard seems like a waste of time and money for them.

Hazard is the last thing they need, they already have many creative players in the attacking line. 

However, Madrid are stupid enough to spend that money on him and forget about all their other problems. 

26 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

They aren't going to get Kepa, let's be realistic. 

34 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

They can try, which means they're willing to spend big on a keeper.

I assume buying kepa means selling courtois. So it won't cost them that much. I think it's more likely they buy de gea though 

I also assume selling kepa means us buying someone. Which we can't do. 

38 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

I assume buying kepa means selling courtois. So it won't cost them that much. I think it's more likely they buy de gea though 

I also assume selling kepa means us buying someone. Which we can't do. 

Jack Butland for us :panicbutton:

On 09/04/2019 at 12:28, ForeverCarefree said:

Any side would look better with Hazard in it. But Lewandowski? Wrong side of 30 now and when i see him play he looks nothing special these days. Sort of over the hill striker we will no doubt be linked with (please God No - that list is long enough as it is).

Still say my prayers each night that Hazard stays. Not only is he our best player, the PL's best player - an unbelievable talent, but he is just one heck of a decent bloke. Always plays with a smile on his face, conducts himself impeccably both on and off the field and is a real ambassador for the club. He's a credit to football and sure players come and go and the club will always remain but he will be sorely missed.

If he does go, all I would insist on (apart from £100M + transfer fee) is that he has Kovacic sitting next to him on the plane to Madrid as I don't want us wasting any of our transfer kitty on him.

Football Focus on the Beeb today had an interview with Hazard and showed some of his goals with a number of views on his West Ham goal. He spoke as well and said nice things about Sarri not comparing managers yet saying he appreciated his methods and felt they suited his football style.

I thought earlier he might end up at PSG as RM were interested on throe players though think that may have swung back to RM now as some of their other targets won't come through this season.

£100m was mentioned though Guillem Balague thought the chats might start from €80m.

Edited by strider6004