Eden Hazard - Chelsea Legend

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

People need to understand that our expectations shouldn't be high. The board have done this. They have ruined any chance of progressing as a club by the hire and fire strategy (if you can call it that) and bringing in more average players than top quality ones. 

12 minutes ago, JM7 said:

It’s getting boring now and hanging over the club like a cloud. I’m losing abit of respect for Hazard. I love him but he shouldn’t keep talking in public and courting Real. It doesn’t help anything 

Just don't get attached to the players then you won't be disappointed. At the end of the day, this is their job, they are being paid handsomely to play well. I don't feel bad for them. 

Hazard's continued "tongue in cheek" courting of RM has got to stop. Madrid are probably just licking their lips, waiting till his contract runs to a point where we're forced to sell him on the cheap, just like what happened with Courtois. 

Can't be good for team morale either. Even if he's not our captain (who is btw?), as our undisputed best player, his words and actions carry weight in the dressing room. We know for a fact that there's been a leadership vacuum ever since Terry/Lamps left.  Hazard needs to realize that like it or not, his off-field communication can have direct consequences for team dynamics.

I'm willing to bet that the CHO situation is a product of this Hazard uncertainty as well. If Hazard leaves, CHO will probably sign a deal within 24 hrs. The longer this drags on, the risk of suffering a double loss increases.

IMO, at this point, his individual brilliance may only slightly make up for all the other baggage that is accumulating.  He's provided us some of the best football since Zola. He's won us 2 PL titles and a few other cups. Let's cherish the memories.....and move on. 

Edited by dustbin719

7 hours ago, Semper Fi said:

Lol He entered the last season of his contract so he is going the same way Courtois did. Forcing his way out by running his mouth. 

This might be my frustration talking, but at this point, he's not only forcing a move...he's deliberately driving his transfer fee down. We all know what it means if he's unwilling to sign a new contract. There's no need to further telegraph it to RM. Now, all RM needs to do is sit and wait till we're desperate enough. 

“I do not know if I’m among the best players in the world. Because the best think goals, assists, trophies. And I have never been like that. So maybe ... but beyond that, in professional football, there are a lot of players like me who [just] want to have fun.”

“If this season, I finish with 30 goals and 20 assists, we will all say: ‘Oh yeah, exceptional’, even if I play rotten in all matches. But that’s not what I want. I do not care [about stats]! For example, I prefer a match like the one we just lost to Tottenham — I really got a big kick out of that. Zero assists, zero goals, like against Brazil (2-1 victory for Belgium in quarterfinals of the 2018 World Cup), but those are the kinds of matches that I like, the ones that really make me happy to play football.”

49 minutes ago, big blue said:

“I do not know if I’m among the best players in the world. Because the best think goals, assists, trophies. And I have never been like that. So maybe ... but beyond that, in professional football, there are a lot of players like me who [just] want to have fun.”

“If this season, I finish with 30 goals and 20 assists, we will all say: ‘Oh yeah, exceptional’, even if I play rotten in all matches. But that’s not what I want. I do not care [about stats]! For example, I prefer a match like the one we just lost to Tottenham — I really got a big kick out of that. Zero assists, zero goals, like against Brazil (2-1 victory for Belgium in quarterfinals of the 2018 World Cup), but those are the kinds of matches that I like, the ones that really make me happy to play football.”

So refreshing and no wonder Mourinho could never truly warm to him. It's not all about win at all costs and medals. Sure, he gets paid massive wages as his sort of talent will always dictate that, but you get the impression, that he just loves playing football and he always goes onto the pitch knowing that he is the best player on it. Any coach worth his sort, would always play him in a free role and build the team around him (not play him in a position where he becomes a spectator).  

51 minutes ago, Nibs said:

So refreshing and no wonder Mourinho could never truly warm to him. It's not all about win at all costs and medals. Sure, he gets paid massive wages as his sort of talent will always dictate that, but you get the impression, that he just loves playing football and he always goes onto the pitch knowing that he is the best player on it. Any coach worth his sort, would always play him in a free role and build the team around him (not play him in a position where he becomes a spectator).  

It is refreshing although my doubt is whether he has the drive and leadership to build a team around. I think he needs support and some aggressive players around him, which we had with fabregas and Costa. 

His personality is pretty much the complete opposite of your typical real Madrid galactico. I hope he finishes his career here, but I get the impression if real put a serious offer in the table, then he will ask to leave. 

37 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

I read somewhere today, and it echoes the mantra i keep bleating, that Eden is now concerned there are no noises coming from Madrid about a possible purchase

Always said I can’t see the move happening, not surprised if that is the case. They are overstacked on the LW; think they already have 4-5 players, makes zero sense signing another LW.

There is also the Bale issue; much better output that Hazard and a contract till 2022, his injury record and £350k/w wages means he isn’t going anywhere.

On 21/01/2019 at 15:59, enigma said:

This is the problem with Eden. Hazard isn't elite. He is a fantastic player on his day, but his day is far too infrequent to be classed as elite. He will win you games on his own SOMETIMES, but he's never going to be an incredible goal scorer. He's the best player we have, but he still never got close to Mertens' numbers under Sarri the previous two seasons at Napoli, and I wouldn't class Mertens elite neither. This is why I believe we should cash in in the summer and bring in somebody with an eye for goal with great movement.

Liverpool have a great front three because they all enjoy scoring goals, but Hazard doesn't have that hunger for goals City or Liverpool's front three have. Heck, for all the hype Hazard gets, Heung Min Son of Spurs has similar stats when it comes to goals/assists. Like plenty of people have said previously, Hazard has all the talent in the world, but for many years it's been wasted and no coach has been able to unlock his hunger for goals. 

I disagree with a lot of that but... I got to admire the set of balls you have here. 

I already told you in the other thread that I think Hazard should've scored more goals in his playing career. That's not being unfair to him either, that's complimenting him because of his ability, for the skill that Hazard has he could've gotten double his numbers on the goal tally. Who moves with the ball better than Hazard in the Premier League? Nobody, absolutely nobody, the ball is glued to his feet, but he lacks the drive to be selfish. I accepted two years ago that Hazard will always be pretty conservative in his ability, he's the creator and really bloody good at it.

This is also a big reason why he won't solve Madrid's problems, Hazard is nothing like Ronaldo, completely different type of player, they've already got many players like Hazard that create goals for fun. Why get rid of the likes of Isco and spend a 100 million on Hazard? They need somebody like M'bappe that'll actually bang the goals in or at least be a big goal threat. This is no disrespect to Hazard by the way, I already think he's the greatest to ever wear the Chelsea shirt but seriously, I think they would be stupid to spend 100 million on him. 

On 21/01/2019 at 16:41, Old Shaggy said:

Have to admit, I won't shed a tear if/when Eden leaves. Great player on his day. Far too many off days for a truly great player though.

This post though... This post is f**king mental.

Sorry mate but the bloke has won us 2 titles almost on his own, especially the first one and a good amount of silverware, if you won't shed a tear when he leaves when will you shed a tear? 

Real Madrid needs someone like Kane that is capable of putting 20-30 goals per season, the other types of players they still have but not the one that wins you titles.
Hazard is a world class player, but in many occasions he kills the momentum of attacks because of his ball control, he slows everyone down and I'm only repeating what others have said when I say this. 

He may be the best player and the most consistent attacker in the whole squad, one of the legends of the club as well, but his attitude on the pitch and mentality isn't that much connected to his football abilities, in Belgium he got the captains armband and I have stated here that I wouldn't mind seeing him having the same role in Chelsea as well now, but the simple fact that it didn't happen shows a lot about Hazard. 
I am convinced that he really doesn't want to carry the team and to be the leader, he is far more happy being the star but not also the leader at the same time. He wants to move to Real Madrid because he wants to be surrounded by other world class players similar to him that would also be the leaders on and off the pitch, this is what I believe. Otherwise he would have taken the role of the leader as the best player, like Henry did for Arsenal or Messi for Barcelona.

2 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Real Madrid needs someone like Kane that is capable of putting 20-30 goals per season, the other types of players they still have but not the one that wins you titles.
Hazard is a world class player, but in many occasions he kills the momentum of attacks because of his ball control, he slows everyone down and I'm only repeating what others have said when I say this. 

He may be the best player and the most consistent attacker in the whole squad, one of the legends of the club as well, but his attitude on the pitch and mentality isn't that much connected to his football abilities, in Belgium he got the captains armband and I have stated here that I wouldn't mind seeing him having the same role in Chelsea as well now, but the simple fact that it didn't happen shows a lot about Hazard. 
I am convinced that he really doesn't want to carry the team and to be the leader, he is far more happy being the star but not also the leader at the same time. He wants to move to Real Madrid because he wants to be surrounded by other world class players similar to him that would also be the leaders on and off the pitch, this is what I believe. Otherwise he would have taken the role of the leader as the best player, like Henry did for Arsenal or Messi for Barcelona.

I think he wants to be at Madrid (which I don't hold against him btw) but Madrid aren't that fussed on the idea of bringing him in. 

Madrid have FFP to worry about at the moment, for them to go spend a 100 million on a 28 year old they probably don't need isn't really such a wise move. Hazard will not replace Ronaldo and it's very obvious who's left a sour gap in the Madrid squad since leaving, they're similar to us, hungry for goals. 

I hear the likes of Isco and Bale getting offloaded and I can't believe my eyes, why get rid of the likes of Isco and Bale to recoup then go out and sign Hazard for a 100 mill? Who's older than Isco and a year younger than Bale. It's clear they need to spend big on a forward and a few goal threats. I'll actually be surprised if Madrid do chase him up for that amount of money, they have other priorities. 

20 minutes ago, Slojo said:

This post though... This post is f**king mental.

Sorry mate but the bloke has won us 2 titles almost on his own, especially the first one and a good amount of silverware, if you won't shed a tear when he leaves when will you shed a tear? 

Do you think Eden will shed a tear when he leaves? I care more about the club than I do about individual players. And on top of that, there are far more players that have played for Chelsea that I have a hell of a lot more regard for than Eden Hazard!

5 minutes ago, Old Shaggy said:

Do you think Eden will shed a tear when he leaves? I care more about the club than I do about individual players. And on top of that, there are far more players that have played for Chelsea that I have a hell of a lot more regard for than Eden Hazard!

Yes but who now in this current squad? 

And are you going to tell me the likes of Drogba didn't have off days? Hazard has been a magnificent servant here. 

1 minute ago, Slojo said:

Yes but who now in this current squad? 

And are you going to tell me the likes of Drogba didn't have off days? Hazard has been a magnificent servant here. 

If you mean who do I have more regard for in this current squad, then I would say Cahill, Kante, Rudiger, Azpilicueta. Not one of them have pimp themselves out to another club and 2 of them have won just as much with this club, if not more, than Eden has.

9 minutes ago, I Am Gay 4 Diegod said:

http://www.skysports.com/share/11615362

wowzers, it's all over folks .. wouldn't be surprised for Real to bid this window. Sarri isn't messing about here he's clearly had enough, " it's very difficult for him to play as a striker but also very difficult to play as a winger as he is more of an individual " woah.

You have taken that completely out of context.