Eden Hazard - Chelsea Legend

2 hours ago, Jackbuchanan said:

If Conte is their next manager i see it unlikely Hazard goes there. He has come out and said how much he prefers playing under Sarri, and it shows, much more suited to his style. 

If it was Poch, im not sure. 

Just hoping that in Jan we can bring in one or two marquee signings and show our intentions like Man City have been. That along with a raise may be enough for him to put pen to paper.

I think if he doesn't go, it wont be because we have offered him a great contract and bought in some marquee players, we will offer him an improved contract, and we will be buying new forwards in the next two windows, thats pretty much assured with Willian, and Morata maybe leaving, and an ageing Giroud and Pedro.

If he stays it will be because RM play the same game they did with Courtois, trying to play bluff with Chelsea as a top player approaches the end of their contract. Then Eden will be stuck in limbo, he will be 28.5 yrs old this June with 12 months contract left. He could end up almost 30 yrs old by the time he gets to Madrid. that's what he's thinking.

2 hours ago, CFCCAN said:

You can tell its the international break, the papers have piss all to write about for two weeks so just keep rehashing stories that will make the headlines.  He apparently said he doesn't worry about winning trophies just as long as he is happy playing football.....and right now he is happy with the football that we are playing.  If the club had any sense they would offer him a new contract while he is 'happy'.............but this is CFC and we know they have a habit of screwing things up more often than not :sad:

Yeah you always hear this stuff during international break. I think he was probably quite casual and honest in his answer but of course it gives the media something to write about. 

You’d think it’s obviously the best time now to offer him an extension. The club is more than aware of it let’s hope.

Real needs young talent. They are an aging roster and they have basically no resale value on their top players. Buying a 28 year old isn’t going to help them in the long run. I question whether they will make a big push for Eden. They are unlikely to pay anything above 100m for him and will probably try to even reduce that by adding kovacic to the deal. 

Chelsea is on the up and up, real is declining. With that said though it’s hard to keep someone from their childhood dream. I know if it was me, and I had the opportunity to fulfill my childhood dream, I would do anything to get it. 

3 hours ago, coco said:

Their is an underlying sub plot to this. It's not straight forward.

Firstly look at the current RM manager and his poor form, without a goal in over 400 minutes, some fans are even talking about them struggling to make the top 4.

Assuming this continues and he's sacked by Christmas or soon after. The bookies have got Poch at 5/2 and Conte at 7/2 as clear favs to come in next. This brings up a number of questions.

Would Hazard want to play under Conte again ?

Would Poch bring Kane with him? (could RM afford Kane AND Eden ?)

Another big point is also the Ronaldo replacement they desperately need, Hazard is no Ronaldo. That's not me disrespecting Hazard, Hazard is actually a better footballer than Ronaldo and I've always believed that, but he isn't the significant goal threat Ronaldo was or anywhere near that point. 

Unless of course Hazard can truly carry on this scary form he has at the moment, Real can't really splash out all that money on a creator and leave out the finisher, they've already got many creators in their squad, but they've got no one to consistently finish the final 3rd play. Hazard is not a play who finishes the final 3rd, he starts it and assists it, not so much finishes it, and Madrid have a boatload of players who do that. 

If you were Madrid you would be looking at splashing your cash on someone like M'Bappe or Neymar, not so much Hazard. That's my opinion anyway, I don't think Hazard is that suited to Madrid as some people make out. 

46 minutes ago, TheChelsRVA said:

Real needs young talent. They are an aging roster and they have basically no resale value on their top players. Buying a 28 year old isn’t going to help them in the long run. I question whether they will make a big push for Eden. They are unlikely to pay anything above 100m for him and will probably try to even reduce that by adding kovacic to the deal. 

Chelsea is on the up and up, real is declining. With that said though it’s hard to keep someone from their childhood dream. I know if it was me, and I had the opportunity to fulfill my childhood dream, I would do anything to get it. 

Real have brought in vinicius jnr fir massive money, £40m for a then 16 year old. He started the season playing for the b team, but he's now forced himself into the 1st team, and has made his debut on off the bench. If he continues this rise, then madrid would be more likely to bring a striker, rather hazard. 

3 hours ago, big blue said:

Real have brought in vinicius jnr fir massive money, £40m for a then 16 year old. He started the season playing for the b team, but he's now forced himself into the 1st team, and has made his debut on off the bench. If he continues this rise, then madrid would be more likely to bring a striker, rather hazard. 

Bro we are talking about RM - they didn't need Tibo but the opportunity presented itself & they bought him - almost the same scenario w/ The Mighty Eden - The Mighty Eden is a bit more appreciative than the snake & is giving us one last bit of Glory - I will always give him respect for that act - I am loving what I am seeing from this guy - hell this guy made me like Belgium Beer & I am making brews in dedication of this guy - I love me some Eden!!!

1 hour ago, robdog said:

Bro we are talking about RM - they didn't need Tibo but the opportunity presented itself & they bought him - almost the same scenario w/ The Mighty Eden - The Mighty Eden is a bit more appreciative than the snake & is giving us one last bit of Glory - I will always give him respect for that act - I am loving what I am seeing from this guy - hell this guy made me like Belgium Beer & I am making brews in dedication of this guy - I love me some Eden!!!

I get your point however Perez was never satisfied with navas, he's been close to bringing in de gea and kepa to replace him, so from his point of view it was an area that needed strengthening. I'm not sure he will see it the same with Hazard, since he has isco, asensio, bale, Vasquez, and the aforementioned vinicius jnr, who could all all play left wing. 

I don't think Perez particularly fancies hazard, from all accounts he wants mbappe or neymar, and if Perez really wanted him, he would've come in hard for him when hazard was a couple of years younger, and also while Zidane was still in charge.

4 minutes ago, big blue said:

I get your point however Perez was never satisfied with navas, he's been close to bringing in de gea and kepa to replace him, so from his point of view it was an area that needed strengthening. I'm not sure he will see it the same with Hazard, since he has isco, asensio, bale, Vasquez, and the aforementioned vinicius jnr, who could all all play left wing. 

I don't think Perez particularly fancies hazard, from all accounts he wants mbappe or neymar, and if Perez really wanted him, he would've come in hard for him when hazard was a couple of years younger, and also while Zidane was still in charge.

Good points on the keepers. I believe the only reason why those two aren't on RM is because of the faulty fax machine :slap_face:

4 hours ago, robdog said:

Easy.

Belgium Beer is the best in the world.

According to Paco Gonzalez (who is the most reliable journalist for Real Madrid news), "They're not going to spend on Hazard. Madrid don't want to sign Hazard in Winter and by next summer, He will have signed a new contract with CFC. Madrid want Neymar and Erikssen next summer"

Personally, I'm not going to hate on Hazard because he is frank and honest. I appreciate that.  Let's face it, the way we grew up crazy for CFC might just how Hazard grew up feeling for RM.  If roles were reversed, I was playing at a club for years who treated me very well but also faced with the prospect of joining CFC, I'd be answering like him.  "Yes, I am happy where I am, but my dreams have always been to be over there"  it's blunt, it's honest, and it's a fair response.  Honestly, it's refreshing and the reason why I actually believe him that Chelsea has a chance to keep him if the cards are played right.

RM has a brand power over us but if I'm a manager right now and had to pick, I'm liking what CFC has currently more than RM (unless RM comes with a 300m war chest or something).  They have players who would walk into our team, but we also have players who would walk into their team.  We are sitting joint top of the most competitive league in the world, RM are struggling in a league that while good, they should be much higher.  Those could change quickly.

What I suspect, and I've posted else where to this effect,....or rather what I hope, is that someone who has some foresight into how RM might play out is whispering in Eden's ear the following...... "Mate, compare how CFC and fans treated you after poor seasons to how RM and fans treat their players after just a few poor performances......now keep in mind, you're expected to replace Ronaldo, so a poor spell will be anything less than a goal a game ..... you want to go there with those expectation, in a team that's currently not scored in 4 games?.....wait until they get a goal scorer at the very least, because then you won't be expected to get a goal a game which, this season aside, is not your game..... because if you go now, under these conditions, that dream could quickly turn into a nightmare. .... oh, and why would you want to leave the Sarri project that looks to be in a flying start for a club that doesn't even know who it's manager will be next month with a team where so many pivotal players are on the wrong side of 30? You'd be walking into the situation you walked into at Chelsea, joining an amazing club that just won the CL.....while not at all joining the team that won that CL, but the leftovers of it with no plan forward......"

So scared of loosing him. He is irreplaceable in my opinion. I can't think of anyone we could realistically sign to replace him. Our team is built around him & it will be a massive blow to loose him. We should ask Madrid for Bale to come the other way, he is suited to the league & could do well, worth a try. Really hope we can convince Eden to stay, love watching him play. 

According to "El Confidential", the sponsors have rejected Madrid for something with the stadium's name, didn't finish it. It is obvious that this club is going down for the next 5-10 years, which kinda makes sense because they were at the top for so long. Hazard will stay as far as it is up to him, I have no doubt about that. Now, what the club has to do is to give him his well deserved money, show some ambition, sign a player or two and let Sarri do his job. 

12 hours ago, robdog said:

I never heard of this brew - I only know about the Chimay, Leffe & of course Stella Artois (which is like your budweiser) - I think the next time I visit my in-laws, I will go through Belgium first :bEERkEG:

Always welcome in Genk, Robdog.

Falls du und deine Frau die Möglichkeit haben uns zu besuchen sind Sie herzlich eingeladen unsere Westvleteren zu probieren. Nummer eins der Weltrangliste.

When asked if he needed to go to Spain to win Ballon D'or he replied 'that's why I want to go...maybe'. 

I get he is just being honest, but come on Eden. 

That's twice in week he has fed the gossip. 

The will he stay, or will he go, circus he is creating can't be for the good of the team.