PFA Player/Young Player of the Year 2013 Shortlist

Jonty

PFA Player of the Year award shortlist:
Gareth Bale, Michael Carrick, Eden Hazard, Juan Mata, Luis Suárez and Robin van Persie

PFA Young Player of the Year award shortlist:
Gareth Bale, Christian Benteke, Eden Hazard, Romelu Lukaku, Danny Welbeck, Jack Wilshere

Thoughts? Chances of Mata/Hazard/Lukaku picking up awards?

I thought it was quite funny to see Welbeck get a nomination with his grand total of 1 goal this season.

I think when Hazard is at his best, his brilliance is unmatched by any other player in the EPL, he just needs to be able to do it on a more consistent basis and I agree, doesn't deserve the POTY.

Could have a shout at YPOTY but surely Bale is going to win that.

I think when Hazard is at his best, his brilliance is unmatched by any other player in the EPL, he just needs to be able to do it on a more consistent basis and I agree, doesn't deserve the POTY.

Could have a shout at YPOTY but surely Bale is going to win that.

My thoughts too.

PS - Love "The Fat One OUT, The Special One IN"!

Hazard next season could be winning it.  As mentioned, he needs to do what he does consistently like he did in France.  He's settling quickly though.  We never win this stupid thing anyway.  Remember when Rooney won it over Drogba in the season we won the domestic double?  Drogba had 29 goals and 13 assists to Rooney's 26 and 5 and we got nothing.  Even Lampard outperformed him from midfield. 

Mata should win, he has been the player of the year. Hasn't picked up an injury all season, scored plenty of goals and has tons of assists to his name.

Bale has scored goals but never sets up a goal and has picked up the odd injury that has kept him out of games.

Robin Van Persie was great the first half of the season but his second half has been pretty average.

Suarez has scored a lot of goals but with his attitude he shouldn't be winning it, plus most of his goals have come against average sides.

If Bale doesnt win player of the season then really he should win the young player award.

De Gea is only in there because he made nowhere near as many mistakes as he did last year, IMO Cech, Begovic and Mignolet all more deserving.

Not really sure why Baines is in there, scored some beauties and started the season well, but has been very quiet for months. Then again, can't think of any outstanding LB this year.

Rio Ferdinand being in there just takes away the integrity of the entire event.

Archived