• David Luiz
    • Lampard
    • Ramires
    • Hazard
    • Moses
    • Torres
    • Mata (Sub)
    • Oscar (Sub)

I've gone for Hazard, although he should have scored his work rate was fantastic and looked a threat to Basel almost every time he got the ball.... I love watching him running at defenders, his pace and balance is sublime and it was interesting to see him play through the middle in Mata's absence. 

Luiz. Given the way were playing, missing chances left and right and having conceeded that non-existent penalty, that game needed someone to step up. Anything but a win would have been a travesty given how well we opened them up time and again. So Luiz for me, who I thought also did a good job snuffing out some of their attacks and getting the ball moving up the field. Luiz also gives us some muscle in midfield when he plays there, something which we otherwise lack.

Voted for Ash, when he does his job well it normally goes unnoticed but Basel's best player is supposed to be their right winger and he kept him silent all night long.

Basels best player is probably stocker ...imo, the right winger - salah(?)is well overrated, pacy and tricky for sure but when he did breach ashs' attention it was his rapist touch that allowed Cech to claim... a trait the lad showed v spuds barring the fluke toe poke goal, raw talent with very poor decision making and composure no surprise he was hauled off - either that or Ash cancelled him out that bad :)

Side show for me :) hazard almost had it but for those missed chances

I am giving my vote to Ray Mears. The dude was tracking back on Defense & getting forward on the attack. You can't ask anymore from a performance like that. Also a shout goes out to Moses who was trying to link up w/ torrid, but we all know why it didn't work out. Also that simple fact why Moses was trying to link up is the reason why Danny Boy Stud is @ Lpuke dreaming about his European adventures he used to have w/ The Chels. Another shout goes out to Side Show Bob, but really dude was a liability & IMHO was lucky to remain on the pitch. There were times he was reckless, but he made up for that w/ that magnificent free kick to seal the deal at the end of the match.

iYMZccKeYtVxc_original.gif