Chelsea v Manchester City (Friendly) 24/05/2013 KO 01:30 BST

Castiel

This game is only around the corner so we don't get a rest yet!

I'm not sure if we're obliged to play a good team but I'd like to rest as many as possible.  Starts at 1:30am on Friday UK time and 7:30pm Thursday local time.  We play City twice in 2 days for this exhibition   Unfortunately it seems like Rafa will still be in charge since it's less than a week away.  Mata, Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Oscar and Luiz really need the rest if we can get away with leaving them out.  Our loans should all technically be available, but it'd seem they'd have to fly direct from their respective clubs to America or do a lot of travelling in the next few days. 

I would love to see every single one of our main squad players left out of this, it's just a complete waste of time.

Could you imagine if someone like Mata or Hazard picked up a cruciate ligament injury or another type of injury that makes them miss the start of next season ? it's a scary thought that could quite easily happen.

These pointless end of season friendlies do nothing to benefit the players, the only thing it does is put them at risk of getting an injury, and if they do i will be absolutely pissed.

I expect we'll be forced to play some big names, I read that Lampard/Cole/Cahill are being excused to go play in an England friendly but i'm sure the likes of Torres, Mata and Oscar will be forced to play.

Squad that is travelling:

Petr Cech
Hilario
Jamal Blackman
Paulo Ferreira
Cesar Azpilicueta
Branislav Ivanovic
Ashley Cole
Gary Cahill
David Luiz
Andreas Christensen
John Mikel Obi
Nathan Ake
Ramires
Frank Lampard
Ruben Loftus-Cheek
Eden Hazard
Juan Mata
Yossi Benayoun
Marko Marin
Victor Moses
Oscar
Fernando Torres
Demba Ba

Would have loved to see Lukaku and KDB.. oh well, pre season not too far away!

Sorry but if we got to the CL final we would be playing until Saturday anyway.

The club needs a bit of income and for the wages these players are getting, two extra games is nothing. I'm sure these games will be a lot more relaxed and the players get to enjoy America for a few days.

City look dead in the water at the moment. Doubt they will have much following in America. While I expect we will have 90% of the support. 

Sorry but if we got to the CL final we would be playing until Saturday anyway.

The club needs a bit of income and for the wages these players are getting, two extra games is nothing. I'm sure these games will be a lot more relaxed and the players get to enjoy America for a few days.

City look dead in the water at the moment. Doubt they will have much following in America. While I expect we will have 90% of the support. 

What does a player's wage have to do with their body's ability to recover?

It's a complete non-argument. 

This game is the biggest waste of time. The players deserve a rest after a long season. I hope we just put in players like Benayoun who aren't going to be her next season anyway and rest the best players we have. 

If we get injuries as a result of these pointless matches, I'll be angry!

This game is going to be such a non-event. The squad is knackered and won't want to injure themselves so they are not going to bother to put in 80%, let alone 100%. It's going to be such a bore draw.

At least in Pre-season the squad will be trying to regain their fitness and impress the manager.

Archived