REALISTIC expectations for next season.....

IF we get Mourinho back what are your realistic expectations for us next season? Not what you hope or want to happen but what you realistically think we will achieve?

Considering the squad we have and the fact we only secured CL qualification in the last couple of weeks of last season, I think there is no question we need to improve the squad. The lack of goals from our strikers is the biggest issue for us but also we need to dominate games more instead of always allowing other teams onto us, like in the Europa Final. 

I think we could win the EPL just because of Jose, he knows how to win in England and the truth is the quality of the League is not actually that high anymore. In Europe however, I think we will struggle again. I don't think we will challenge TBH, not with our squad, it's not good enough when compared to other big clubs like Bayern, Barca, Real, PSG and maybe Monaco, especially not with the players all those clubs are reportedly buying this summer. We went out in the group stage last season and unless we improve with some world class signings, I doubt we will get past the last 16.

So for me, winning the EPL and maybe the FA Cup or doing the domestic treble would be absolutely fantastic. I hope we can win the Super Cup at the second time of asking but Bayern are going to be even stronger once Gotze and Lewandowski join them......

Realistically alot depends on who we bring in this offseason. Failure to sign a prolific striker could seriously jeopordize any sort of title challenge. Saying that, I expect us to sign someone and if that someone is Cavani then I can see us neck for neck with City for the title. I think Man U will take a step backward as they adjust to life without Ferguson so I can't see them challenging. Spurs keeping Bale would make them instant challengers for a cup. If we get Cavani this is how I expect things to shake out in terms of trophies:

Premier League: Chelsea

Second to Fourth: Man City, Spurs, Arsenal

Fifth: Manchester United

FA Cup: Spurs (if they keep Bale)

League Cup: Manchester United

Super Cup: Bayern

Champions League: Bayern (I think we will be knocked out in the Quarters)

If Mou does come home, it's funny because for the first time in ages, us Chelsea fans can actually go into a season confident that the manager will be still be in a job at the end of the season, lol. Although I've no doubt the media will try their absolute hardest to cause sh*t and drama like they always do!!

A respectable title challenge, it's been a couple of years now since we've even been close to contending for it and with the players from this season like Hazard and Oscar having a years Premier League experience we should be in a good condition to be in the running, especially if we can get a striker to score 20+ league goals during the course of the season.

A decent cup run, maybe winning one of the League Cup or FA Cup... We generally fare quite well in those competitions anyway. 

Champions League is a bit of a lottery. If we can get to at least the quarter finals anything from there onward involves a lot of luck. 

Realistically alot depends on who we bring in this offseason. Failure to sign a prolific striker could seriously jeopordize any sort of title challenge. Saying that, I expect us to sign someone and if that someone is Cavani then I can see us neck for neck with City for the title. I think Man U will take a step backward as they adjust to life without Ferguson so I can't see them challenging. Spurs keeping Bale would make them instant challengers for a cup. If we get Cavani this is how I expect things to shake out in terms of trophies:

Premier League: Chelsea

Second to Fourth: Man City, Spurs, Arsenal

Fifth: Manchester United

FA Cup: Spurs (if they keep Bale)

League Cup: Manchester United

Super Cup: Bayern

Champions League: Bayern (I think we will be knocked out in the Quarters)

Exactly how I feel, everything depends on who we sign this window. Like I originally put, this squad we have only just secured CL qualification in the final weeks and struggled badly in the CL. I feel we need a world class striker, Falcao was my dream but Cavani is the next best one, we also need a player in midfield who can make us dominate and control midfield, start attacks, defend and win balls etc. Jose is the Special One but he's not a miracle worker!!

... 1 league title in 7 seasons is not good enough for me.

How things have changed!  I supported Chelsea for 35 years before they won a (top) league title!  We were tantalizingly close in 98/99 though (the only year I've had a season ticket).

Anyway, expectation...

EPL: serious title challenge

CL: knockout stage, probably quarter finals, but you never know.

FA Cup: Decent run, winning or going out to one of the other top sides.

Capital Cup: Give the kids a chance - not a few but pretty much a full 11 - and see how far we get.

Super Cup: Winners

As always my preference is the EPL.

Edited by fester

How things have changed!  I supported Chelsea for 35 years before they won a (top) league title!  We were tantalizingly close in 98/99 though (the only year I've had a season ticket).

Anyway, expectation...

EPL: serious title challenge

CL: knockout stage, probably quarter finals, but you never know.

FA Cup: Decent run, winning or going out to one of the other top sides.

Capital Cup: Give the kids a chance - not a few but pretty much a full 11 - and see how far we get.

Super Cup: Winners

As always my preference is the EPL.

This  :JC_doubleup:

I'd add that I'd want to push the race for the title to the beginning of May at least. 

Edited by CunningStunt

As most have said it does depend on who does what transfer business. With a couple of good signings i think we could challenge for the title.

I dont think Man U will drop down to 5th but they wont be as strong without Fergie. Pelligrini is new to the prem and may take some adjusting so i think we could have a real good chance.

I'm happy with any trophy to be honest i'm not greedy, but if i had to be greedy i'd love to be the only team to win the domestic treble :smile: