January sales : If we get/buy 3 who should they be, and why?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Starter for 10

1. Lewandowski. For all the obvious reasons. Only down side he'd be cup tied for the CL

2. Alonso: Old yes, but during transitional periods like the one we are in, you need a few rock solid, seasoned pro's. Lamps looks as if he's running out of steam, and for me represents the missing part of that spine we once had. Alonso would provide that (plus his class) and give us the time to bring through Chalobah through. 

3. Mangala: Young, aggressive centre back. Ridiculous defensive work rate (check stats), and under JT's wing could become a good old fashioned rock at the back.

We shouldn't buy anyone in January.

Let Jose prove what a great coach he is by working with the quality squad we already have and if necessary, just recall a couple of loanees.

Rooney if we can. Lewandowski if we can. If not, stick with forwards we have. We do however need a new presence in centre mid.

Can't see that happening for either player, Rooney won't leave Utd this season unless we offer up Mata or Luiz and I can't see that ever happening either. As for Lewandowski, the money would have to be stupid and he's CL tied anyway.  I'd like to see a solid defensive midfielder who can have an impact on the game so Ramires can get forward more often than not, IMO just as stick with what we have unless we can off load Ba and bring in another striker who we haven't got to pay stupid money for or give up anyone of our big names.

Unless someone of top quality that fits in to our long term plans comes up we should not buy.

More so we should give KdB a loan to help him develop more and bring back Moses. No reason we should continue to do favours for a side above us in the table.

i don't think we need to buy anyone but we do need to play at a higher tempo and we need our creative players to take a few more risks in attack - against "park the bus" teams like Newcastle and West Brom we look a bit frustrated, I wish we'd be more direct in our play from the start of games, really go for the jugular  

i don't think we need to buy anyone but we do need to play at a higher tempo and we need our creative players to take a few more risks in attack - against "park the bus" teams like Newcastle and West Brom we look a bit frustrated, I wish we'd be more direct in our play from the start of games, really go for the jugular  

Those are the games where mata should be playing though, and not as a sub. He has the creativity to carve open the packed defenses, moreso than any of our other attacking mids. Packed defenses get taken apart by quick movement of the ball, so it's really down to who in our squad is the best at intricate football. In my opinion that is the combination of mata, oscar and hazard, with willian being an option instead of oscar.

Bit of talk around we'll be looking at a young left back and Alberto Moreno from Sevilla has been rumoured. Jose  doesn't seem to rate Bertrand with Azpi playing there lately, he has look the goods there but being on the wrong side means he can't put any crosses in. The end is nigh for Cole is seems which will be sad.

Love for us to bring in a CM in January, maybe someone like a Matic. Jose's a fan and he would love to play in London again if he gets the chance.

Striker positions fine for now, happy just to bring back Lukaku next season.

We really shouldn't need any panic buys and should be looking to reassess after the season and then do the purchasing then.

Edited by skippy

Unless someone of top quality that fits in to our long term plans comes up we should not buy.

More so we should give KdB a loan to help him develop more and bring back Moses. No reason we should continue to do favours for a side above us in the table.

If anything they are doing us a favour, he's hardly been lighting it up at Liverpool.

A CM player is the most important but i doubt anyone would be available at a good price.Pogba would be great but i doubt Juve would sell.I would still like to see Oscar play deeper alongside Ramires.

I dare say you would be looking at around £40m for Pogba and he would be cup tied so might not want to move if Juve are still in the Champion's League. 

I dare say you would be looking at around £40m for Pogba and he would be cup tied so might not want to move if Juve are still in the Champion's League. 

Theres a good chance juve wont get to the knockout stage