Thibaut Courtois

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

2 minutes ago, YoeriZ said:

Because the Courtois we've seen during the World Cup or at Atletico Madrid ?has never shown up at Chelsea. His heart doesn't seem to be in it and he plays like it. Courtois did okay, but I feel that he never really lived up to his potential. Just look at away game at Barcelona last season (this is just one example, I know, but it's the first one that comes to mind). Chelsea were better at home, they had a lot of chances and were unlucky to not win that game by atleast 2 goals.. Chelsea went out because of Courtois' errors! The rest of the team never stood a chance after he let that ball in in the third minute!

The reason we won the title in '16-'17 wasn't Courtois. The great defensive unit in front of him did all the work and he still made some pretty major mistakes.. I think everything we've won since he became the first GK is more inspite of Courtois than thanks to Courtois! ?

There was a few games in the season (Sunderland and Boro spring to mind) when he had nothing to do all day and made a crucial save to win the points, its a very underrated trait and Cudicini's failure to master it is why he got ditched for Cech way back when. Also big games like City away, Arsenal home and even United home he made crucial saves at crucial times, in 16/17 he wasn't THE reason but he was a big one. Also what major mistakes did he make? He made one against City and that was it.

As for the other title win under Mou, Courtois and Hazard were the reason we didn't get dragged into a top four race, let alone won the thing.

3 minutes ago, YoeriZ said:

Because the Courtois we've seen during the World Cup or at Atletico Madrid has never shown up at Chelsea. His heart doesn't seem to be in it and he plays like it. Courtois did okay, but I feel that he never really lived up to his potential. Just look at away game at Barcelona last season (this is just one example, I know, but it's the first one that comes to mind). Chelsea were better at home, they had a lot of chances and were unlucky to not win that game by atleast 2 goals.. Chelsea went out because of Courtois' errors! The rest of the team never stood a chance after he let that ball in in the third minute!

The reason we won the title in '16-'17 wasn't Courtois. The great defensive unit in front of him did all the work and he still made some pretty major mistakes.. I think everything we've won since he became the first GK is more inspite of Courtois than thanks to Courtois!

Don't believe this.

I have also watched games with awful defenders and the rest of the team ...

It's not really an answer on my why question, YoeriZ. (It was about his talent and carreer.)

17 minutes ago, coco said:

It's a three way deal, and one of the parties isn't playing ball, RM want him cheap, so they can have him in 10 months time for free. If he fails to play to form bench him and put our faith in the youngster.

Real don't have a deadline of Thursday looming though. They have all month so here is our problem from a negotiation point of view. We have to act first.

If we sign a new number 1 real can point out tibo is now our second choice keeper and only has a year left on his deal, which makes for a lower bid. If we sign no one we can ask for more sure but either we get it and are left with willy and green as I don't believe we will give the chance to bulka, or we don't sell and probably end up with an unmotivated tibo.

This is our blunder. If we wanted a top price we had to sell last season. Transfer wise our club is just run rather poorly imo.

Only got a few days to correct it. For me tibo or no tibo we are not reaching top 4. We have to hold on in the Europa league and aim to win that to get in to the CL next season. A motivated tibo could be the difference there but so could an unmotivated one in a negative way.

If he has asked to go let him go. No good comes from keeping an unhappy tibo.

16 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

The change to the transfer window was the most idiotic f**king idea ever after a World Cup. It’s scary that the people who make these calls are probably earning six figure salaries.

:sadwalk:

Axel Witsel is in Dortmund. I have a feeling it starts now.

Edited by Krc-fan

5 minutes ago, Krc-fan said:

Yep. Correct, Axman2526.

It's more complicated then that, Coco. 

Also worth pointing out we are doing the same with eden. If we don't get him to sign now we either sell him in January or that 180mill talked about becomes more like 60mill next summer.

12 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Also worth pointing out we are doing the same with eden. If we don't get him to sign now we either sell him in January or that 180mill talked about becomes more like 60mill next summer.

If we don't get Eden to extend his contract now he will still have a further year at the end of this season. There will be competition for him. Both Real and Barca would love to sign him and come to think of it PSG would probably take a punt. Real seem to be the only club in for Courtois.

I'm not sure how to read this because I saw one report quoting Sarri saying he could leave. I've seen no speculation about a new keeper.

34 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

This is our blunder.

It really isn't, we knew all along he wanted to go, this suits us, we have no realistic offer from RM, so one more year and he can get an even better deal with them, all he has to do is learn to be patient and respect the club, if he's upset about waiting, blame RM for not making the deal happen sooner. If they really wanted him they just have to pay the required fee.

18 minutes ago, coco said:

It really isn't, we knew all along he wanted to go, this suits us, we have no realistic offer from RM, so one more year and he can get an even better deal with them, all he has to do is learn to be patient and respect the club, if he's upset about waiting, blame RM for not making the deal happen sooner. If they really wanted him they just have to pay the required fee.

Maybe is being patient the biggest problem in football, Coco?

17 minutes ago, Fatty_Speeding said:

If that is true, then he's a bit of a dick really. If he wanted to go, why not just say at the end of last season instead of waiting until less than a week before the transfer window closes? We have been waiting for him to make his mind up on if he wants to sign a new deal or not for over a year now. He's had plenty of time to decide, but it seems like he left it as late as possible.

Edited by Scott Harris

Because the Courtois we've seen during the World Cup or at Atletico Madrid has never shown up at Chelsea. His heart doesn't seem to be in it and he plays like it. Courtois did okay, but I feel that he never really lived up to his potential. Just look at away game at Barcelona last season (this is just one example, I know, but it's the first one that comes to mind). Chelsea were better at home, they had a lot of chances and were unlucky to not win that game by atleast 2 goals.. Chelsea went out because of Courtois' errors! The rest of the team never stood a chance after he let that ball in in the third minute!

The reason we won the title in '16-'17 wasn't Courtois. The great defensive unit in front of him did all the work and he still made some pretty major mistakes.. I think everything we've won since he became the first GK is more inspite of Courtois than thanks to Courtois!

I totally agree never rated tibo that highly, hes good at catching crosses but everywhere else his game is flawed, makes me feel sick to know we sold petr to bloody arsenal to stick this moaning prick in goal wish we would have got the last year or 2 out of petr and he could have helped bring through our next keeper!