Thibaut Courtois

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

It's just another cluster f**k :face_palm: by the Board; leaving things to the last minute and then having to pay heavily to fix the problems they create. Like no one saw thing coming!  Signals have been there for well over a season that he wanted out.  

Well with 2 days to go I guess we are screwed for a decent keeper....should be an interesting season at least. 

10 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

Just on that apparently he did the same when he moved to us from Genk, went on strike to force the move. @Krc-fan is that true?

He missed (under Chelsea pressure) our fan day and the game against Lyon. I've always heard that Chelsea forced the move.

I can guarantee you that there are no problems between my club and the Courtois family. Thibaut has still seats in our stadium and he was guest of honour last weekend.

But I'm still mad about his transfer fee.

That was to low.

16 minutes ago, Argo said:

So one game defines a career now? Should we have thrown Cech to the scrap heap after he f**ked up at Anfield in 2005?

Let's face it the man has never shown any commitment to Chelsea...his head has been in Spain ever since we loaned him to AM...and I've always thought him over rated...happy to see him go for a decent price or left to rot in the reserves as a reminder to others about acceptable behaviour...

Edited by doctorblue

5 minutes ago, Krc-fan said:

He missed (under Chelsea pressure) our fan day and the game against Lyon. I've always heard that Chelsea forced the move.

I can guarantee you that there are no problems between my club and the Courtois family. Thibaut has still seats in our stadium and he was guest of honour last weekend.

But I'm still mad about his transfer fee.

That was to low.

Funny how Courtois will now be missing another game against Lyon tonight to force his move to Real.

Perez better hope Madrid don't have any pre season friendlies against Lyon in the next few years or Courtois will be wanting out again.

2 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

Let's face it the man has never shown any commitment to Chelsea...his head has been in Spain ever since we loaned him to AM...and I've always thought him over rated...happy to see him go for a decent price or left to rot in the reserves as a reminder to others about acceptable behaviour...

I never said he was the most loyal player. However we as fans would (and have) happily throw players who would give their lives to Chelsea under a bus if they weren't good enough and/or we could do better, so we can't moan too much when it happens in reverse.

5 minutes ago, CFCCAN said:

It's just another cluster f**k :face_palm: by the Board; leaving things to the last minute and then having to pay heavily to fix the problems they create. Like no one saw thing coming!  Signals have been there for well over a season that he wanted out.  

Well with 2 days to go I guess we are screwed for a decent keeper....should be an interesting season at least. 

I think the club lacks of personnel (after Emenalo) and I have no idea what they did during the world cup? We could have handled Conte's case and after that Sarri and Jorginho. Now we are 2 days from the deadline and our number one keeper is awol.

What is weird with transfer deadline is people suddenly have phones and they call each other and are able to make deals but not 2-3 weeks before it. No way. 

5 minutes ago, Argo said:

I never said he was the most loyal player. However we as fans would (and have) happily throw players who would give their lives to Chelsea under a bus if they weren't good enough and/or we could do better, so we can't moan too much when it happens in reverse.

Don't agree...when Cech went to Arsenal I didn't moan...he deserved that chance for all the commitment he'd shown to Chelsea...even though he was going to another EPL London team...Courtois will never been seen in that light...remember he has previous...he pulled the same trick to force a move from Gent to us...f**k him...

Edited by doctorblue

2 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

Don't agree...when Cech went to Arsenal I didn't moan...he deserved that chance for all the commitment he'd shown to Chelsea...even though he was going to another EPL London team...Courtois will never been seen in that light...remember he has previous...he pulled the same trick to force a move from Gent to us...f**k him...

Im talking about Courtois going to Madrid, in reality is it much different to us demanding upgrades on the likes of Cahill and Willian? Ultimately fans will act in the way of whats best for the club and players will do thd best for their career, you get the odd madly loyal players like Gerrard and JT but in general people in football look out for number 1.

What if Courtois have wanted a move to Madrid for two previous season but the club didn't grant him that albeit making promises? His daughter is in Madrid and he'd prefer living there. 

I don't try to take his side here just hate all the sh*t he gets here. Embarassing to be honest. 

He is not Cech. Not many are. Petr is a completely different person. It seems Tibo is much more an introvert than Petr for example. 

I'm with you Argo, terrible timing and could well leave us in a mess between the sticks this season. But at the end of the day Courtois is a person first and foremost and he'll do everything he can that's best for him and his family - from signing a better and bigger contract at one club and then breaking that contract when it suits. Who hand on heart wouldn't do the same if they were lucky and talented enough to work in the sports and entertainment industry?

Definitely so - it's as much a part of the entertainment industry as Hollywood. That's one reason why I sometimes wonder why fully grown men take it all so seriously. When you think about it, you've got adults with families, normal jobs and lives letting their happiness be controlled (to varying extents) by men young enough to be their sons and earning more in a week than they'll earn in their lifetimes - win lose or draw. Not much logic behind it is there? I wonder if Courtois has the foggiest idea who Peter Bonetti, Eddie Niedzwiecki or Frode Grodas are? It's a job to them, a fantastic job but nothing more.

Having said that, lose on a Saturday afternoon and I'd still kick the cat if I had one.

1 hour ago, Snedger said:

I'm with you Argo, terrible timing and could well leave us in a mess between the sticks this season. But at the end of the day Courtois is a person first and foremost and he'll do everything he can that's best for him and his family - from signing a better and bigger contract at one club and then breaking that contract when it suits. Who hand on heart wouldn't do the same if they were lucky and talented enough to work in the sports and entertainment industry?

When Real Madrid come knocking it turns the head of just about every player out there.

He might not be the sharpest around the Bridge, but no reason to diss the guy from all Places. We all knew for a very very long time he wanted out...........diss the board for closing their eyes, not Tibo. 2 days left and we are in a mess once Again. Should have sold him right at the end of WC, at the latest. We once Again closed our eyes, choosed not to act and this is the result.

Have you all come to terms yet that Caballero is our #1 GK this season? I did months ago and I must say, I feel in peace during this whole mess. 

This mess of a train has been without brakes for the past year and now its come to its final destination. The board did nothing to help themselves. Pure laziness, incompetence and flat out failing to take responsibility.  

Some are in for a rude awakening this season. I still fully believe we will be in 6-8th place at end of season. At best maybe 5th. 

3 minutes ago, Semper Fi said:

Have you all come to terms yet that Caballero is our #1 GK this season? I did months ago and I must say, I feel in peace during this whole mess. 

This mess of a train has been without brakes for the past year and now its come to its final destination. The board did nothing to help themselves. Pure laziness, incompetence and flat out failing to take responsibility.  

Some are in for a rude awakening this season. I still fully believe we will be in 6-8th place at end of season. At best maybe 5th. 

If the board allows Caballero to be our #1 GK this season, then I must say that they deserve all the opprobrium they will receive, especially in light of Caballero's disastrous (and undeserved) stint as #1 GK during the WC.