N'golo Kante - We are not worthy!

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 hour ago, yorkleyblue said:

And how many goals, or even half-chance did he ste up for them?

A better team would have capitalized more then Palace did.

Read the whole thing buddy.
He was poor, doesn't mean he's not a great footballer and vital for us.

56 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

Don't state opinion as fact. Buddy.

Why so defensive?
As far as I’m concerned, a forum is for sharing opinions and in my opinion a team with more than one decent attacker would have hurt us yesterday from Kantes sloppiness.
Surely you must be allowed to share less then positive opinions as well?

We can argue amongst ourselves until the cows come home. What is a fact is there are growing number of Chelsea fans and Puntidts who are not impressed with him this season. These people are not having a pop at him out of nowhere for nothing. Everyone knows how great he has been, how hard he works and what a nice guy he is on top of all that,  but that should not mean he's above being criticized for not being all that in the role in the system he's playing now. We're chasing down ultra creative, attacking teams who create tons of chances. If we are going to catch and overtake them, then, as well as we are doing, we need more of what they have. Kante is consistently finding himself in the final third of the pitch and at the mo he's like a spare one at a wedding. It feels harsh having a pop at him, but the progression of the team cones before every individual player!

6 minutes ago, Dixon said:

We're chasing down ultra creative, attacking teams who create tons of chances.

So glad we have a guy like Kante when we need to break up teams who are ultra-creative attacking teams, who create a ton of chances. No one better. He certainly ended any type of build up by Crystal Palace on Sunday when needed.

One thing was evident yesterday I thought was how uncomfortable he seemed in the attacking 3rd. He almost seemed unsure of himself. It wasn't his best day but it happens. But getting rid of him or selling him is a huge mistake. Think Sarri can improve him and while he will not be an attacking midfielder, he can become a rock for us; keeping possession and breaking up teams trying to break on us. None of our other midfielders can break up play like he can and that in itself is valuable enough.

48 minutes ago, Dixon said:

We can argue amongst ourselves until the cows come home. What is a fact is there are growing number of Chelsea fans and Puntidts who are not impressed with him this season. These people are not having a pop at him out of nowhere for nothing. Everyone knows how great he has been, how hard he works and what a nice guy he is on top of all that,  but that should not mean he's above being criticized for not being all that in the role in the system he's playing now. We're chasing down ultra creative, attacking teams who create tons of chances. If we are going to catch and overtake them, then, as well as we are doing, we need more of what they have. Kante is consistently finding himself in the final third of the pitch and at the mo he's like a spare one at a wedding. It feels harsh having a pop at him, but the progression of the team cones before every individual player!

Go watch Napoli from the last couple of seasons and educate yourself on the roles of Sarri CM's.

Sarri is our manager, not Guardiola. We ain't lining up with two attacking mids next to Jorginho.

Who's gives a sh*t about what pundits have to say they never say anything positive so I could give two sh*ts. As for fans who question Kante they will be the same who would then ask why we sold Kante and have a go at the board. Those are the fickle fans. I always feel better when he's in the team.

When people say things like "there are growing number of Chelsea fans and Puntidts who are not impressed with him this season.", what they really mean is they've not been impressed with him in the last one or two matches, since I've noticed that most posters here cannot remember much further back than that.

It's unfortunate for Kante that he tend to excel when we're up against better teams who dominate possession because it isn't happening as much this season. Our last four games were against Palace, Derby, Burnley and BATE. He was good against Burnley and did ok (not 'bad') against Palace and was only a sub against BATE. The last real test we had was against Man Utd, where Kante was unsurprisingly one of our best performing players (alongside Hazard). I honestly don't think he's had a 'bad' game since he signed for us, but when we're dominating possession like we're doing this season it's natural he's going to be outshone by the more creative/attack-minded players. 

51 minutes ago, Brutos said:
1 hour ago, Dixon said:

Who's gives a sh*t about what pundits have to say they never say anything positive so I could give two sh*ts. As for fans who question Kante they will be the same who would then ask why we sold Kante and have a go at the board. Those are the fickle fans. I always feel better when he's in the team.

Again, up until this season I have not seen or heard anything but high praise from every pundit and every Chelsea fan! If he is sold I am sure every Chelsea would be sad to see him go, but as with Mata, if it means us overtaking City, then so be it. 

And as for those who keep harping back to what Sarri did at Napoli and how they played. As everyone knows, the Serie A is slower and more technical than the EPL. He cannot copy exactly what he did there.

18 hours ago, bluedave said:

When people say things like "there are growing number of Chelsea fans and Puntidts who are not impressed with him this season.", what they really mean is they've not been impressed with him in the last one or two matches, since I've noticed that most posters here cannot remember much further back than that.

It's unfortunate for Kante that he tend to excel when we're up against better teams who dominate possession because it isn't happening as much this season. Our last four games were against Palace, Derby, Burnley and BATE. He was good against Burnley and did ok (not 'bad') against Palace and was only a sub against BATE. The last real test we had was against Man Utd, where Kante was unsurprisingly one of our best performing players (alongside Hazard). I honestly don't think he's had a 'bad' game since he signed for us, but when we're dominating possession like we're doing this season it's natural he's going to be outshone by the more creative/attack-minded players. 

Pundits are the most short sighted in the industry. When Barkley was named in the England squad, the narrative was very much 'should he be in the squad if he isn't playing for chelsea?', then Barkley starts and scores 3 days later against Southampton, and it's suddenly 'Barkley has been sensational for chelsea this season. 

Most don't know their arse from their elbow. 

So how many of these pundits, have actually taken time to watch the sarri's napoli, before coming to the conclusion the kante doesn't fit into Sarri's team? 

How many of these pundits have even heard of Allan, who is a very similar player to kante, and thrived under sarri? 

I think I'm going to put faith in a manager that has had the best start ever in the premier league, and a player that has been a vital cog in 2 title wins and world cup in the last 3 years. 

After almost 3 seasons, people still think we'd improve out squad by letting Kante go, the player every elite tems in Europe would take him off us. We may be able to buy a better passer, or a player with 10 goals in him, but we immediately lose that balance between attack and defend if we let Kante go. He's still playing at the same level if not better this season, somehow people have this expectation he needs to score 10 goals a season to  justify his selection because he's playing higher up on the pitch.

Like I said I'm happy with Kante and I don't really see whats the big deal, if someone thinks that he's the only one that loses the ball sometimes then I suggest watch the replay again somewhere, somehow and open your eyes. He has the ability to score goals just as well and he has proved it in the past, he's far more stable and a constant high performer than others. 

Cesc Fabregas on N’Golo Kante - 

“Unfortunately, football now is based on your reputation. N’Golo is famous for chasing around and making tackles that recover the ball, but he does many things very well that no one talks about. He’s one of the best I’ve played with.”

Image result for kermit tea gif

26 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Really, really struggling in this system.

A far better player when put back where he belongs.......all this " he presses, he tackles, he wins the ball back " are nothing compared to what he brought us before. He is handicapped there imo.

4 minutes ago, atomis said:

A far better player when put back where he belongs.......all this " he presses, he tackles, he wins the ball back " are nothing compared to what he brought us before. He is handicapped there imo.

Where does he belong? I'm assuming by saying that you're insinuating we should sell him to a team that doesn't play possession based football? Where else CAN he play in this Sarri system.