Man Utd Vs Chelsea (PL) Sun 16/04 2017 KO 16:00 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

8 hours ago, FrancoZola25 said:

I know Conte will not play Zouma at CB but I feel as though he should. WE HAVE NOT KEPT A CLEAN SHEET FOR NINE GAMES! I don't think Azpi should play wingback, I think it should be a straight for straight swap with Zouma. And it's not about having the best players on the pitch all the time, or else Willian would start over Pedro and Fabregas over Matic. Tactically, we have to nullify the strength of our opposition, and IN MY OPINION, Zouma would do just that to Zlatan. :) 

We've not kept a clean sheet for 9 games yet you want Zouma to solve that? Zouma has been personally responsible for us losing 2-3 clean sheets within those 9 games. I can remember vividly him coming on against Arsenal and gifting Giroud a goal when he was supposed to solidify the defense and see out the game. Just stop it. Zouma would weaken our game plan.

Also, Carroll is arguably the best striker in the league aerially. That's his bread and butter. How many headed goals has Zlatan scored this season? That's right, not many. Certainly not as much as Carroll. We handled Zlatan just fine in October and we'll handle him just fine here. You think Luiz is going to watch Zlatan just latch himself onto Azpi? Don't kid yourself. They'll need to use a different option (like Spurs did with Alli instead of Kane) if that's what they want to do. And I think we've learnt from the Spurs game so if up to them if they want to try that.

Incredibly nervous obviously, and won't get to watch the game as out today.

The news is full of 'Spurs pile pressure on Chelsea' this morning, so well done Sky your intentionally biased scheduling is having the desired effect, hoping that the season is extended and we buckle under this 'pressure'.

Lets respond like we did last week...COME ON CHELSEA!!!!

This is getting like a cliche but...................THIS IS ANOTHER MASSIVE GAME. Spurs winning yesterday has put the pressure on us. That defeat to Palace is now coming home to roost. Had we won that game we would still be 7 points ahead of Spurs even if we lose today. Being 4 points ahead is getting a bit close for comfort. Spurs are on a run but the last really good side they played was Liverpool and they lost that match. They also lost to Genk. We have some tricky matches coming up against Man Utd, Everton and West Brom. They have Man Utd, Arsenal, Leicester and Hull away. Mourinho will want revenge for losing at the Bridge, so this will be a tough match despite their injuries. I'd keep the same 11 that have done us so proud all season. No Zouma and no FAbregas. All 3 points would be fantastic but 1 point isn't the end of the world. Nervous already. Let's hope we can get a result today. COME ON YOU BLUES !!!

I am concerned about Costas’s form..if he did not score today or on FA semis next week..he is out for sure..

Well a couple of assists  in each game will make him look on comeback 

Cannot stop waiting for Kantes Goal , manyoz bogey player:biggrin:

I imagine Pedro running like a cocker spaniel , since the pitch is at OT is larger.

I think Conte will enter this match with defensive mind to keep a one goal lead margin

Edited by ChelsaePirate

Looking forward to the game today. Should be fascinating. I can't imagine how United will approach this as trying to persistently foul us didn't work, trying to go toe to toe didn't work and they aren't really set up to play on the break. 

Our guys will be playing for a controlled win. A clean sheet would be a nice bonus. 

Come on Chelsea 

After losing 4-0 and 1-0 to us, a draw will be a win for Jose. 

Mind you, a draw could be a win for us too.

If we draw and the gap is 5 points, that allows us to draw 2 of our last 6 remaining games (win 4 draw 2) and still be in the lead.

A win here will come down to Costas attitude again, i'd give it till half time max, if 'he's not in the mood' then make some changes. If he starts with a positive attitude which he should we should be ok for the 3 points.

7 hours ago, Barrettinator said:

We've not kept a clean sheet for 9 games yet you want Zouma to solve that? Zouma has been personally responsible for us losing 2-3 clean sheets within those 9 games. I can remember vividly him coming on against Arsenal and gifting Giroud a goal when he was supposed to solidify the defense and see out the game. Just stop it. Zouma would weaken our game plan.

Also, Carroll is arguably the best striker in the league aerially. That's his bread and butter. How many headed goals has Zlatan scored this season? That's right, not many. Certainly not as much as Carroll. We handled Zlatan just fine in October and we'll handle him just fine here. You think Luiz is going to watch Zlatan just latch himself onto Azpi? Don't kid yourself. They'll need to use a different option (like Spurs did with Alli instead of Kane) if that's what they want to do. And I think we've learnt from the Spurs game so if up to them if they want to try that.

Ironically we are missing Ivanovic for this. Apart from Spurs at home him coming on for the last ten minutes never hindered us it in fact helped us, as teams often resort to desperate long ball and crucially we didn't have to change the three defenders like we do now for Zouma when he comes on. 

17 minutes ago, Kev56 said:

A win here will come down to Costas attitude again,

But it does'nt if you think about it, weve been winning without him performing.

Only if Eden struggles to perform will we struggle to win.

One thing I must add, I full respect to Aussie fans and anyone else who reside in countries who face kick offs at awfully inappropriate times. 

It's 9 o clock down here (two week holiday)  and I'm already struggling (had to be up at 6 this morning). 

Edited by Argo