Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Batshuayi
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

1 hour ago, Gem said:

That's a bit of a sideways move, he'd only go there for money & perhaps playing in his preferred position? 

Yes, more game time and in his preferred position whereas here he'd be a bit more of a utility man (I think). Hope we have a back up in mind. 

This another Lukaku situation where the media big us up for months and then when he goes elsewhere they run the snubbed narrative?

Depends on the player - he might not start every week for us or he may be forced to play wingback, which he says he doesn't like much.

Liverpool the easy option. You just have to run around a lot.

If he goes Liverpool and that PSG chap everyone says is so good goes spurs, you really do have to wonder what the hell is going on! Especially if ox doesn't want to play wing back - I haven't seen us linked to a proper wing back for weeks. Starting to worry... again. Fingers crossed for a really positive week ahead

2 hours ago, RickUK said:

Liverpool if they promise him CM spot, will get him.  No shadow of a doubt

Plenty of pro's to join us.  Think many journos are covering all bases as last night John Cross had us as clear faves

Liverpool wouldn't play him at CM. They have Wijnaldum, Can and Lallana for that. He'd be their LB.

Him going there would probably be a repeat of Milner.

12 minutes ago, Blueblur said:

The Sunday mirror reporting that he is going to be sold to us by the end of this week. It's happening. 

Arsenal are almost resigned to selling Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain before the end of the transfer window.

But it's bad news for Liverpool, as the Gunners would rather let the England international go to Chelsea, as they see the Anfield club as bigger rivals to their attempts to return to the top four.

2 hours ago, Pendergast said:

End of ambitions I'was hoping we have. 

It's not acceptable a small club like Liverpool to steal our target. That's it. 

This is entirely untrue and a weird mentality to have.

We're trying to sign a player as a back-up utility player, Liverpool need someone to replace Coutinho. If we were to lose out, it's not because we're a worse team to sign for, it's that we suit the player's needs/wants less. I get that this is partially a dig at Liverpool and that's fine, but to be upset that a player chooses first team football instead of being part of a rotation just isn't reasonable. If we both wanted the player to be a key part of our squad then that's a different story, but we don't. 

3 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

The end of the world. Don't care if we but him or not i dont think he gets in our starting eleven he will be good for a squad role because of his versatility and he counts as homegrown.

I love Moses, but dont think he is better than Ox