Riyad Mahrez

coco

6 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

And then did so very very well the next season!

I also saw a couple of things posted above.  

1.  Someone mentioned "integrity" when discussing professional football.  That made I giggle!

2. Someone else said Vardy was "one of the top strikers in Europe"  That really made I laugh out loud.  Spat my cold meats and pickles all over my new Crimbo jumper.  He's not even one of the top strikers in the east midlands. Runs fast and and had a smashing season in a year when the whole Leicester team played out of their skins and the rest of the league too a year off.

A lot of the top strikers in Europe play with top players. Mr Vardy doesn't/Hasn't. Who knows what he'd do with a class supporting cast. You coulda saved your crimbo jumper. Now I've just spilt tea all over my new merchandise reading he's not even the best striker in the midlands. Swings and roundabouts.

Vardy at 30 is far too old to sign. 

Mahrez will be 28 in February and might have 3 years at the top in him. I rate him. 

Zaha at 25 is the best bet age wise

mahrez scores a goal every 3 games for Leicester and scored 17 in their title winning season

zaha is scoring every 4 games for crystal palace 

zaha is probably the better financial investment but I’d take Mahrez for a couple of seasons. 

4 hours ago, ozboy said:

Vardy at 30 is far too old to sign. 

Mahrez will be 28 in February and might have 3 years at the top in him. I rate him. 

Zaha at 25 is the best bet age wise

mahrez scores a goal every 3 games for Leicester and scored 17 in their title winning season

zaha is scoring every 4 games for crystal palace 

zaha is probably the better financial investment but I’d take Mahrez for a couple of seasons. 

Mahrez in the window, Agree a Zaha deal

for next season.

Yes, I'm greedy.

mahrez has been putting up decent numbers since leicester won the league. it's easy to say before they won the league who was he, but he could be a late bloomer. 

this season: 6 goals, 5 assists - only 3 assists less than kdb and he's playing in an inferior side. 

last season: 6 goals, 3 assists. last season the leicester team were playing more games and also were unsettled with the manager fiasco. 

their title winning season: 17 goals, 11 assists

i would absolutely take mahrez, if not just for his creative ability but also his left footedness, which we have a lack of left foot players. 

If he goes to Arsenal without us putting up a fight, then i'm going to be pissed. Sanchez will most likely be going to City ( they don't need him, but they won't care ) so i don't think we can take a gamble and wait. We should go all out for Mahrez. The guy has been getting better and better as the season has gone on and i think he has all the attributes needed to make our attack click.

I'd personally not mind many of the leicester players..  Mahrez, chilwell, vardy, maguire.  Vardy since we need a PL ready second striker with workrate and pressing who can play on His Own..  No more false nine business. Not CL tied and english as well. Could give 2,  2.5 yrs of service by when tammy could take over. Mahrez for much needed creativity or else we are solely dependant on hazard (unless lemar/ carrascao is on board).

Not heard anything about us being in for Mahrez since the summer transfer window so I'm doubting we're in for him despite him being a special player on his day. The problem is we also have Willian, Pedro and Musonda who also want to play that wide position. Also is Mahrez enough of an improvement on Willian/Pedro to be worth bothering with? 

I think I would prefer a bid on Zaha from Palace, but I wouldn't be disappointed to see Mahrez with us going into the last half of the season.

4 hours ago, AlwaysRight said:

Not heard anything about us being in for Mahrez since the summer transfer window so I'm doubting we're in for him despite him being a special player on his day. The problem is we also have Willian, Pedro and Musonda who also want to play that wide position. Also is Mahrez enough of an improvement on Willian/Pedro to be worth bothering with? 

I think I would prefer a bid on Zaha from Palace, but I wouldn't be disappointed to see Mahrez with us going into the last half of the season.

Yes

6 hours ago, maka_cdm said:

In essence...

Batshuayi replaced with vardy

Musonda replaced with mahrez/ lemar

Luiz (if leaving) replaced with bonucci

Kennedy replaced with sandro/ telles/ chilwell

There's no way we are getting Bonucci.  He just moved to Milan in the summer.

Riyad Mahrez has agreed a 5 year,£180,000/week deal with Chelsea. £42m + £5m add-ons. Medical scheduled for next week. (DiMarizo) #CFC #LCFC

Let’s see if it happens. 

Edited by JM7

1 hour ago, JM7 said:

Riyad Mahrez has agreed a 5 year,£180,000/week deal with Chelsea. £42m + £5m add-ons. Medical scheduled for next week. (DiMarizo) #CFC #LCFC

Let’s see if it happens. 

his name is dimarzio, not dimarizo. So if that's a copy and paste job, it's from a fake account . 

1 hour ago, JM7 said:

Let’s see if it happens. 

That would be an absolutely terrible deal and it isn't on Di Marzio twitter

13 hours ago, AlwaysRight said:

Yes, easily.

If anything, you should be wondering if Zaha would be an improvement over Pedro and Willian, and i don't think he would be overall. Zaha is as frustrating a player as Willian. One day he can look like a top player, then in the next few games he is miss placing passes, doesn't try to beat his man, has a bad touch, balloon's shots over the bar.

Mahrez is the better player by far.