We officially have an incompetent board

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 minute ago, Zeta said:

Well then why bring it up?

Cuz she is a woan thrown in the wild West run by men......now she might be a hard and stiff monster to deal with and thats good in this wolrd of football.........but not to the detriment of the Club and its future........ffs stop making this a sexist thing.

10 hours ago, startedwithglenn said:

To be clear from the off, I am a "board man" in that I tend to look at things from the business POV as far as how the club is run.

I understand the "want" that you talk about and completely agree with it. What I am increasingly struggling to understand, not only from yourself but from a growing number, is the level of anger/upset.

Maybe it's an age or generation thing but the only two things that anger or upset me about football is moronic behavior from fans or players and the obscene amounts of money involved.

I want us to qualify for the CL but if we don't then so what. I wanted us to sign Mahrez but didn't feel the need to rant and rave about the fact we never bid or that City did, who cares, he's one player.

Why I say maybe it's a generational thing, and maybe i'm wrong, but I get the feeling that a lot of the anger is born out of a combination of the desire to have the upper hand in the social media stakes and the fear or frustration of being on the receiving end.

My sentiments entirely. I go on a when it suits me basis now, and the main attraction as ever is having a beer with my mates and watching a game of football.

Its nice to win games and trophys but it's not the be all and end all, and we don't spend our journey home stressing about whether we're gonna win x, y or z.

Similar to yourselelf I never expected us encounter the success that we've achieved trophy wise- we have won everything in sight, and each time we re-win a trophy the celebrations seem a little bit less enthusiastic because we've seen it all before.

Good point about social media and bragging rights, which don't mean a fcuk to me.

I really think that this insatiable desire amongst some fans to keep winning trophys symptomatic of glory hunters, who are in it for reflected achievement. I'd rather see us win than loose, and regarding comparison to fans of Real, Bayern etc who are also expected to keep winning titles IMO they also attract a load of w.....r  fans from across the globe who want to align themselves with a successful team.

It seems to me that the most indignant/ intolerant of everything from duff transfers to net spend, are of the generation that have only known success, and more often than not I suspect live miles/ continents away from our traditional catchment areas.

We are a broad church, but I stand by my comments that a lot of so called fans are spoilt brats

Footnote- big exception to this rule being our friends, supporters of Glasgow Rangers.

Edited by Ewell CFC

11 minutes ago, Ewell CFC said:

My sentiments entirely. I go on a when it suits me basis now, and the main attraction as ever is having a beer with my mates and watching a game of football.

Its nice to win games and trophys but it's not the be all and end all, and we don't spend our journey home stressing about whether we're gonna win x, y or z.

Similar to yourselelf I never expected us encounter the success that we've achieved trophy wise- we have won everything in sight, and each time we re-win a trophy the celebrations seem a little bit less enthusiastic because we've seen it all before.

Good point about social media and bragging rights, which don't mean a fcuk to me.

I really think that this insatiable desire amongst some fans to keep winning trophys symptomatic of glory hunters, who are in it for reflected achievement. I'd rather see us win than loose, and regarding comparison to fans of Real, Bayern etc who are also expected to keep winning titles IMO they also attract a load of w.....r  fans from across the globe who want to align themselves with a successful team.

It seems to me that the most indignant/ intolerant of everything from duff transfers to net spend, are of the generation that have only known success, and more often than not I suspect live miles/ continents away from our traditional catchment areas.

We are a broad church, but I stand by my comments that a lot of so called fans are spoilt brats

Footnote- big exception to this rule being our friends, supporters of Glasgow Rangers.

God forbid a fan wants to see their team be successful. I almost feel ashamed that i've been alive and watched my team lift several trophies and want to see it happen again. If only i were proper Chels and was thrown from my mothers womb straight into the stands of Stamford Bridge and a pint stuck in my hand back in the 50's. 

There seems to be a lot of 'older fans' that seem entitled to being a bigger and better fan just because they live close to the Bridge and saw us when we were sh*te. 

41 minutes ago, atomis said:

Cuz she is a woan thrown in the wild West run by men......now she might be a hard and stiff monster to deal with and thats good in this wolrd of football.........but not to the detriment of the Club and its future........ffs stop making this a sexist thing.

Oh the irony.

9 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Oh the irony.

Then you either dont get what I mean or I pointed it the wrong way somehow........but I stand by what I said. She is a wolf going all in bullying other wolfs.....only these other wolves are all Alpha wolves....and its very costly for her children.

Edited by atomis

1 hour ago, atomis said:

She's a negotiator mate, and a good one at that by the looks of things. From what I've read that's as far as it goes, she's an advisor to Roman Abramovich on business affairs outside of Chelsea and a negotiator/club representative for Chelsea. 

Now I could be wrong and maybe she is making bad decisions but there is nothing to go on to blame her for all of this. Why she's getting the blame by so many Chelsea fans I find it very odd... I hope it's not for the reasons I'm thinking. 

1 hour ago, atomis said:

Yeah, I`m sure one of Roman Abramovich`s closes advisors has no idea how to compete in the world of football men....

2 hours ago, atomis said:

It has zero to do that she is a woman.......I clearly wrote that didnt I. So she does not seem incompetent to you? How much footballing knowledge does she have? I dont care if its a hobbit running our sh*t.....as long as he or she is good at what they do......

You did write it. I quoted it directly from your post. You can delete your post, edit it or whatever but YOU clearly said;

This is what happens when you put a woman in charge”

You made it a sexist thing and now you’re trying to back out of it like a coward. It wasn’t right back in the days it was deemed ‘acceptable’ and it isn’t on now fella. Grow up, admit you did something wrong and a lesson. 

31 minutes ago, Slojo said:

She's a negotiator mate, and a good one at that by the looks of things. From what I've read that's as far as it goes, she's an advisor to Roman Abramovich on business affairs outside of Chelsea and a negotiator/club representative for Chelsea. 

Now I could be wrong and maybe she is making bad decisions but there is nothing to go on to blame her for all of this. Why she's getting the blame by so many Chelsea fans I find it very odd... I hope it's not for the reasons I'm thinking. 

The same fans who have already been taken in by Conte’s press conferences that it’s all the board’s fault and nothing to do with him. It’s the board’s fault we couldn’t score at home to Arsenal in the league cup, board’s fault he got knocked out, board’s fault he plays Baka nearly every game, board’s fault he fell out with Luiz, board’s fault he treated Batman like sh*t, board’s fault he texted Costa, board’s fault we have been playing so sh*t the last month, board’s fault he plays defensive football and can’t change a game. 

Putting everything on the board is just to distract from his own mistakes, watching some of the games the last month and it’s been depressing, that’s just not down to players but how they are managed. Other teams in the league would love them players.

2 hours ago, atomis said:

Here you go mate it's still 1950 isn't it ?.

I work with a lot of different customers in a male dominated industry, but the most demanding (and sometimes intimidating) customers tend to be female. I'm sure that Gravoskaia's gender does not hold her back in the negotiating room.

There have been a number of truly moronic comments on Granovskaia recently. I wonder what decade those people are living in.

2 hours ago, Slojo said:

She definitely aint all innocent....none of them are, Conte included.

1 hour ago, Munkworth said:

You did write it. I quoted it directly from your post. You can delete your post, edit it or whatever but YOU clearly said;

This is what happens when you put a woman in charge”

You made it a sexist thing and now you’re trying to back out of it like a coward. It wasn’t right back in the days it was deemed ‘acceptable’ and it isn’t on now fella. Grow up, admit you did something wrong and a lesson. 

Be very very careful WHO you call a Coward....they just might be the opposite....or maybe a war veteran. Jesus christ you cant say anything nowadays before a Group attack you from left and right.......ridiculous. Im not happy about the state of our Club....we just lost 3 to f**king Bou and it came out. If im sexist, racist etc then I dont deserve to live......now if my comment hurt your feelings I will edit it.....but ffs god gave you all a brain. Stop acting houlier than thou because I was fuming and it came out different.

2 minutes ago, atomis said:

She definitely aint all innocent....none of them are, Conte included.

Be very very careful WHO you call a Coward....they just might be the opposite....or maybe a war veteran. Jesus christ you cant say anything nowadays before a Group attack you from left and right.......ridiculous. Im not happy about the state of our Club....we just lost 3 to f**king Bou and it came out. If im sexist, racist etc then I dont deserve to live......now if my comment hurt your feelings I will edit it.....but ffs god gave you all a brain. Stop acting houlier than thou because I was fuming and it came out different.

Not really sure what relevance of this bit? 

You fighting in a war has absolutely no relevance whatsoever to this conversation, your post was misogynistic and disgusting and has no place in a discussion. We had some pleb on here a few days ago posting about her sucking Romans cock and calling her a bitch, also disgusting and unnecessary.

1 minute ago, RIP Mourinho said:

So what? I smash numbers in a calculator all day. Its just a job. Still seems that you're a sexist pig, regardless. 

Its just a job? Being in war lasting 8 years is a job now? How couragous of you. Let me tell you something, my nation had the first true general in our army.....a woman named Artimis......and we as a nation and people are proud of it. Women are just as good as men.....just like all people of races are equal. Thats my stance. If that makes me a pig...sexist then im proud of it. How can all you people call me these Things without knowing me? I should have wrote incompetent woman....but in my rage I didnt......and all of sudden im this big bad monster WHO hate women.....just sad. Unfortuntely the state of the World atm....

27 minutes ago, atomis said:

Because im one. Fought in the 80's.

Whoopy, I could spend a long time telling you about my history with the military but a) that would be helping you deflect from the fact you’ve made a sexist remark and b) nobody gives of monkeys. 

Still waiting for you to get over yourself there buddy. 

4 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Whoopy, I could spend a long time telling you about my history with the military but a) that would be helping you deflect from the fact you’ve made a sexist remark and b) nobody gives of monkeys. 

Still waiting for you to get over yourself there buddy. 

Wow....are you really that hurt? You cant sleep at night like this? IT WAS NOT ON PURPOSE and I have said it many times now........what is wrong with you people? If I explain myself, you say im a Coward....if I explain my stance regarding race and equality you say im a pig. What gives you the right to call me these thing? You dont have anything better to do than acting houlier than thou? Are you that empty inside?

We can't expect the club to bring in 6/7 new players and they make an impact immediately. Chelsea have a young squad and coming here and expecting them to gel together after 5/6 months is ludicrous. The club has been in the process of replacing the old guard. Bakayoko, morata, drinkwater never had a pre-season and have joined a new squad, in a new league (apart from DD) so it's unfair to criticise them imo.

Rudiger has been a very good signing and so has zappacosta, who I think has beem better than moses recently. Barkley has missed 8/9 months of football and getting used to a new system/squad, so again very unfair to criticise. Chalobah I don't think was good enough for us. I think he's been overrated. RLC is a quality player, just can't stay fit. Depending on where we finish up this season I can certainly see us bringing in 2/3 top class players, especially with the money from the deal and CL coming in too. 

8 minutes ago, enigma said:

We can't expect the club to bring in 6/7 new players and they make an impact immediately. Chelsea have a young squad and coming here and expecting them to gel together after 5/6 months is ludicrous. The club has been in the process of replacing the old guard. Bakayoko, morata, drinkwater never had a pre-season and have joined a new squad, in a new league (apart from DD) so it's unfair to criticise them imo.

Rudiger has been a very good signing and so has zappacosta, who I think has beem better than moses recently. Barkley has missed 8/9 months of football and getting used to a new system/squad, so again very unfair to criticise. Chalobah I don't think was good enough for us. I think he's been overrated. RLC is a quality player, just can't stay fit. Depending on where we finish up this season I can certainly see us bringing in 2/3 top class players, especially with the money from the deal and CL coming in too. 

Rudiger has been good imo.....and Baka needs time. He's Young, had no pre-season and injured. He has frustrated us many times but im betting he will come good soon enough. Zappa im not sure, but better than Moses for me this season.

44 minutes ago, enigma said:

Its now February, the loss of pre-season is no longer an excuse. Hazard had no pre-season. Anyone can critise player's for there performances which some have been truly awful, they might come good in the end though.