Sarri

2 hours ago, TheFunkeyGibbon said:
On June 15, 2018 at 17:28, doctorblue said:
Sarri and Zola combo all over the tinternet...personally I'd even take Avarm Grant back if it meant Sabotage Agent Conte is thrown out on his ear...

How does Zola keep getting chances? He was a great player but his management career has been lousy at best.

Big difference between manager and coach.

Steve Kean is an example of great coach but awful manager.

Hiring Maurizio Sarri will eventually cost Chelsea in the region of €38m (£33.5m), according to Mediaset Premium.

The Coach has long been chosen as their next tactician, but the closure was postponed by numerous contractual problems.

Specifically, Sarri is still under contract with Napoli and the €8m release clause has expired, but the Partenopei seem ready to release him for €5m.

At the same time, Antonio Conte remains under contract with Chelsea and if he is fired, he and his staff will receive in total around €11m in compensation.

Sarri is expected to earn €6m per year wages for a three-season contract, while there should also be another €3m in commissions.

source: FI via Mediaset Premium

On 27/06/2018 at 23:44, Spandau Billy said:

Hiring Maurizio Sarri will eventually cost Chelsea in the region of €38m (£33.5m), according to Mediaset Premium.

The Coach has long been chosen as their next tactician, but the closure was postponed by numerous contractual problems.

Specifically, Sarri is still under contract with Napoli and the €8m release clause has expired, but the Partenopei seem ready to release him for €5m.

At the same time, Antonio Conte remains under contract with Chelsea and if he is fired, he and his staff will receive in total around €11m in compensation.

Sarri is expected to earn €6m per year wages for a three-season contract, while there should also be another €3m in commissions.

source: FI via Mediaset Premium

The Mediaset calcutlation is right, although in this number the salary of Sarri over 3 years is also included. So that is not relevant for the books over 1 season if you understand what I mean. That's like saying a transfer for a player would cost the actual sum added with his salary for 5 years, but those costs are spread out over several years. So for this season the cost would be 5m + 11m + 6m + 3m = 25m. This is still a very significant number, but I fear sticking with Conte would cost the club a lot more seen as many players have hinted they no longer want to play under him meaning they want to leave. This will weaken Chelsea's bargaining power leading to a lower selling price. Also several targets have stated they want to see Sarri leading the team, so please Chelsea just sign the damn coach and relieve your fans out of this twilight zone hahaha. 

Sky are reporting that Sarri would have the possibility of activating his buy-out clause (or simply terminate his contract) after July 1, when Ancelotti is presented as the ned Napoli manager. However, that would probably lead to Napoli appealing to FIFA, should he sign for Chelsea afterwards. This could, according to rumours, cause a fine for both the club and Sarri, which combined would be significantly lower than the reported fee Napoli demands for releasing him before (and after) July 1.

The big questionmark here is Conte. The club are set to be negotiationg with Conte over a release. Conte's party is set to be ready for a mutural termination of the contract, but seems firm on their demand of him recieving a full payout for the value of his contract's final year. Chelsea are reportedly ready to pay about the half of that amount.

In short, the Conte situation needs to be resolved ASAP!

55 minutes ago, TheChelsRVA said:

WTF is wrong with Napoli.  They have another manager already, why on earth are they milking this.  If Sarri doesn't coach this year do they have to pay two managers?  This is getting petty 

De Laurentiis is an a-hole but the Chelsea board should've had more urgency. Big egos all around.

My question is what sort of useless c**t checked Sarri's contract from his side? That he is still under contract even if they replace him, they are playing hardball, while they have no intention of paying 2 managers wages,  I'd say to tell them ok, f**king keep him, put the pressure back on them, but then they will just offload him to a w**k Italian side beautifully and seamlessly, I'm telling you Marina gets peoples backs up, De Laurentiis is a c**t, but Marina brings it out more, why Roman hasn't replaced her is beyond me. 

Considering this deal has been supposedly close for weeks, there has been nothing from any official source that even says we are interested. 

Nothing from the club, nothing from conte or his agent, nothing from sarri or his agent. The only only person that has spoke about it is napoli's president, who claims to have not spoken to us. 

I'm not convinced we will even change manager at this point, we have dragged our heels at times in the transfer window, but I can't remember us taking so long to negotiate a severance deal, and pay a buy out clause. 

I am prepared for a quiet summer, followed by a season of speculation, and if by some miracle we have managed to pull it all together by the time the season starts, il be pleasantly surprised.

2 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Seeing as Napoli don't want to get rid without getting money for it, maybe we should set up some sort of loan. Loan him, then if he turns out good, keep him on :biggrin:

Excellent plan! I'm sure we have a database of under 12 girls teams that have been recommended as a sound start on a path to a Chelsea managing career :wink:

We are down to the wire and its still a f**king circus at the Bridge.....laughable...it just goes to show you what a mediocre club we have become; would never see a top class club or board behave in this way, or keep shooting themselves in the foot year when it comes to managers and more recently transfer dealings. I hate to say it but I am just waiting for a train wreck of a season.

3 minutes ago, CFCCAN said:

We are down to the wire and its still a f**king circus at the Bridge.....laughable...it just goes to show you what a mediocre club we have become; would never see a top class club or board behave in this way, or keep shooting themselves in the foot year when it comes to managers and more recently transfer dealings. I hate to say it but I am just waiting for a train wreck of a season.

Take a long walk off a short pier. 

38 minutes ago, CFCCAN said:

When I read this sort of post I really do have to shake my head. Mediocre club you say well if you really think that then sorry there really isn’t any hope for you.

The reality is that we almost certainly will see more departures than arrivals the real complication in trading terms is the WC and the fact that most responsible clubs won’t announce signings of players still involved in the tournament  and other than Arsenal none of the supposed top 6 have made any announcements since the tournament commenced.

The bulk of pre season will have been planned by backroom staff and whilst coaches have unique tactical approaches which will be worked on as pre season progresses  the vast bulk of early pre season will be the domain of medical and fitness coaches and they will have already put pre season plans in place.

The irony is at this point in time we have absolutely no idea what the clubs plans are in relation to the coach by that I mean will Conte be sacked or not and when nothing is announced the press fill the void with what more often than not is no more than rumour.

Edited by terraloon

The Expectations by some some of divine rights to the top table in the PL is staggering, i do wonder if Roman is secretly thinking of chucking in, when the rumours of that rich dude paying big money for our club surfaced, it was quickly quashed by those in the know, with the retort Roman has no intention of selling, will carry on backing the club, then all  of a sudden, this sorry Sarri saga.......come on chelsea tell us the plan

Apparently now Napoli are trying to put a clause to stop any players being poached by Sarri if he leaves to Chelsea, between De Laurentiis trying to to his best Mussolini impersonation and Marina stumbling about trying to save a few bob I think Antonio's job is safe, either that or we get Sarri a week before deadline day and buy Danny Welbeck and some obscure fullback from the Dutch second division with injury problems  

For me the problem is Chelsea’s board not being decisive enough and penny pinching. We don’t want to be made mugs of but what’s best for the club has to be at the forefront of the decision and not about egos. Now we are starting pre-season with a manager that hasn’t been committed to Chelsea for a year now and he’s not taking training instead he is in a board room with his staff who are also trying to follow him out the door. It’s a disgrace and an embarrassment especially after a poor season last year. I think the problem is there is no real ‘football’ people at Chelsea since peter kenyon has gone and we got this Mariana woman who has never been involved in a club before calling the shots..f**king mental..

Thank god there's a WC to offer a distraction from what we are or are not doing in the transfer market this summer. They say no news is good news but I can't help but think this may not necessarily true. My Chelsea magazine arrived today, cannot find a single mention of Conte but large articles on Roman and Wayne Bridge!!!!

It's as if we are in some sort of twilight zone........................ still lets keep the faith people