Jorginho is.... (well now was) a Blue

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

3 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

It clearly shows that Mount is nowhere to be found doesn't it? The ratings clearly show that Jorginho was one of the best players on the pitch. You want me to post some evidence of how Mount did in that same game? The whole point is that Jorginho gets to be blamed for the most ridiculous things...

No, it clearly does not as there is no way of knowing what had happened before that picture was taken, there is no context, thats the point. As far as I know it might have been taken with Mount of the pitch, it might have been taken with Mount swinging from the crossbar drinking whiskey singing "all along the watchtower" and flicking Frank the "V`s". 

2 hours ago, Gol15 said:

EjHSZ1SXgAUGynH?format=jpg&name=medium

EjKGgC2WsAEPKIF?format=jpg&name=medium

Or was it actually Mount that went missing? low movement off the ball = Jorginho automatically forced to keep passing to the side and back.

i am not sure i actually would want a player to receive a ball in that space in the first place... wiith 4-5 spurs players around.. It was clear for large majority spurs wanted us to play through the side.. what played into their hands was an off night for Giroud and ineffective wingplay by werner.. i think Mount was ok in that game.. nothing better or worse than a lot of other players.. in truth we never really tried to put or foot on the pedal because of the personal on/off the pitch.. Spurs chanced their arm struck something and we were poor in the final third by not punishing them earlier...

our performance was ok  - 7/10 we would have burred the chances we got at 1-0.. Jorginho was also ok.. and doing his usual stuff.. 

Just now, dkw said:

No, it clearly does not as there is no way of knowing what had happened before that picture was taken, there is no context, thats the point. As far as I know it might have been taken with Mount of the pitch, it might have been taken with Mount swinging from the crossbar drinking whiskey singing "all along the watchtower" and flicking Frank the "V`s". 

I automatically assume that the person that said that Jorginho went missing actually saw the game, so I don't need to post a full game analysis.

Mount didn't have a better game than Jorginho but no matter what Jorginho is going to be blamed after almost every game, which is ridiculous, in case you didn't watch the game here are some examples why Mount wasn't better than Jorginho during that same game where Jorginho is somehow still pointed out as a weak link:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Gol15 said:

EjHSZ1SXgAUGynH?format=jpg&name=medium

EjKGgC2WsAEPKIF?format=jpg&name=medium

Or was it actually Mount that went missing? low movement off the ball = Jorginho automatically forced to keep passing to the side and back.

When did i say Mount had a good game? when did i say Mount wasn't missing all game?. I get that you like Jorginho so you always defend him even if he plays poorly. The first half for Jorginho and Kovacic was so easy, anyone could of looked good. Second half Jorginho faded. In the second half Spurs had a thrown in and Jorginho got turned and pushed asdie with ease by Bergjwin ( how ever you spell his name) in the middle of the pitch which led to a shot. He is not physically good enough for the premier league.

1 minute ago, jack_super_class said:

When did i say Mount had a good game? when did i say Mount wasn't missing all game?. I get that you like Jorginho so you always defend him even if he plays poorly. The first half for Jorginho and Kovacic was so easy, anyone could of looked good. Second half Jorginho faded. In the second half Spurs had a thrown in and Jorginho got turned and pushed asdie with ease by Bergjwin ( how ever you spell his name) in the middle of the pitch which led to a shot. He is not physically good enough for the premier league.

So only Jorginho went missing, only he was the problem and out of all of our starters only he isn't good enough for the Premier League...OK

When did I say Mount had been better than Jorginho, or say anything about Jorginho going missing in that game? You're defence of Jorginho is embarrassing, you have no objectivity at all and just immediately blame all other players. 

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

When did I say Mount had been better than Jorginho, or say anything about Jorginho going missing in that game? You're defence of Jorginho is embarrassing, you have no objectivity at all and just immediately blame all other players. 

I am actually more objective than you right now. Now if you see it or not, that's a different issue. 

42 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

I automatically assume that the person that said that Jorginho went missing actually saw the game, so I don't need to post a full game analysis.

Mount didn't have a better game than Jorginho but no matter what Jorginho is going to be blamed after almost every game, which is ridiculous, in case you didn't watch the game here are some examples why Mount wasn't better than Jorginho during that same game where Jorginho is somehow still pointed out as a weak link:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Did you SERIOUSLY post a gif of Mount being fouled as evidence of your slightly weird thesis?

I think its fair to say that majority of our team underperformed in the 2nd half in comparison to the 1st half, unsurprisingly Mount and Werner's performance dropped more significantly than some of the others. I say unsurprisingly because a lot of their game is based upon energy, movement and dynamism and considering they played a full 90 against West Brom where Mount was easily one of our best players and that game required them to go all out especially in the 2nd half so it was unsurprising they looked fatigued. If we look at Jorginho he is a different sort of player where his play is reliant upon players around him and there movement, once the movement of players around him is limited and opposition restrict the passing channels his impact on games is watered down.

I felt as though Lampard should have picked that up and possibly replaced them alongside Chilwell, when Emerson was getting ready to come on initially I had thought he was going to replace Werner as he felt absolutely spent after 70 minutes but that wasn't to be. 

21 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

Did you SERIOUSLY post a gif of Mount being fouled as evidence of your slightly weird thesis?

The point is that Mount had very little impact, I could choose to just point out where he lost the ball but I selected 1 big chance wasted, one very bad pass and one time where he fell down.

"Whether you like him or not, to try and somehow use a picture like that to pass the blame from Jorginho is nonsensical." - Before I posted more evidence the consensus is that Jorginho is still to be blamed.

"When did i say Mount had a good game?" "When did I say Mount had been better than Jorginho, or say anything about Jorginho going missing in that game?" - After I posted more evidence pointing out that Jorginho being the one to be blamed one is simply a ridiculous take, the reaction is pure comical.

Are you also going to take things out of their context and just focus to deflect my notion that it's simply ridiculous to always blame Jorginho after every game? No other player gets this kind of treatment here, nobody else!

Edited by Gol15

14 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

If we look at Jorginho he is a different sort of player where his play is reliant upon players around him and there movement, once the movement of players around him is limited and opposition restrict the passing channels his impact on games is watered down.

I felt as though Lampard should have picked that up and possibly replaced them alongside Chilwell, when Emerson was getting ready to come on initially I had thought he was going to replace Werner as he felt absolutely spent after 70 minutes but that wasn't to be. 

This is exactly what I tried to point out. 

3 hours ago, Gol15 said:

A deep-lying playmaker is a system player. If nobody is making any openings his influence is not going to magically be seen. 

I find it very odd how our player of the year Kovacic is not playing 90min games but Mount that is clearly fatigued will play 90minutes, to sub off Kova for Kante didn't do ANYTHING for us, if Mount was subbed off we would maybe be able to keep that lead with Kova, Kante and Jorginho since we looked more to defend our lead than attacking, if Werner was going to stay in the game his pace and a more fresh Tammy would have been enough for a counter attack.

48 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

..................................................... I selected 1 big chance wasted, one very bad pass and one time where he fell down............................................................................

Don't be sillier than you already are.  The middle gif you posted showed Mount being kneed in the groin and was a foul, not "he fell down"  If you say stupid things like that, it is no wonder that no-one in here takes your opinions seriously.

2 hours ago, Gol15 said:

So only Jorginho went missing, only he was the problem and out of all of our starters only he isn't good enough for the Premier League...OK

Never said that he was the only player who went missing. The premier league doesn't suit him is what i'm trying to say.

Edited by jack_super_class

1 hour ago, yorkleyblue said:

Don't be sillier than you already are.  The middle gif you posted showed Mount being kneed in the groin and was a foul, not "he fell down"  If you say stupid things like that, it is no wonder that no-one in here takes your opinions seriously.

2 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Are you also going to take things out of their context and just focus to deflect my notion that it's simply ridiculous to always blame Jorginho after every game? No other player gets this kind of treatment here, nobody else!

9 minutes ago, big blue said:

Fantastic today, hope he doesnt leave, especially to arsenal. 

Better balance with Kante, than Kovacic who i also like as player. 

I really hope that if we do sell him, we don't let him go to Arsenal. The long ball that he can produce towards someone like Aubameyang is far too silly to let Arsenal have, I prefer them with Xhaka and those players, much less potent.

Just now, Gol15 said:

I really hope that if we do sell him, we don't let him go to Arsenal. The long ball that he can produce towards someone like Aubameyang is far too silly to let Arsenal have, I prefer them with Xhaka and those players, much less potent.

With him starting today, i would be shocked if Lampard authorised selling him, when he clearly rates him. 

If we are going to dominate possession, Jorginho is key, if we want to play on the counter, then maybe he isnt the best option.

If he keeps playing like he did today though, then he will be a regular. 

1 minute ago, big blue said:

With him starting today, i would be shocked if Lampard authorised selling him, when he clearly rates him. 

If we are going to dominate possession, Jorginho is key, if we want to play on the counter, then maybe he isnt the best option.

If he keeps playing like he did today though, then he will be a regular. 

I think that he has been a regular for more than enough time now to be considered as one, but what you said made him think, if we do play on the counter I think there is where we will fully see just how amazing Timo Werner is, today after Kovacic came on, he passes the ball through the middle and in a matter of a second Werner is up there with a potential chance.

5 minutes ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

Great performance, his awareness and vision is on another level. 

I find it interesting how players like T.Silva and Havertz made him comfortable to keep possession, he made a mistake in the first half after he was pressed during our own throw in but overall he benefits from the calmness of T.Silva and Havertz a whole lot when it comes to keeping possession and movement off the ball.