Jorginho is.... (well now was) a Blue

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I thought he was our best player yesterday, by quite a distance. I think when we're pressing very aggressively as a team, he always has a good game. He just starts looking particularly bad when we drop off because he's very easily done for pace. 

I honestly couldn't tell you who we should be playing in midfield at this stage. I think our only player capable of playing in a midfield 2 is Kante, and I don't think we have a suitable player to play there with him.

I'm coming around to the idea that Sarri's midfield 3, with Jorginho at the base, Kane one side, and another box to box the other side is probably our best option until we fix our defence.

2 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Can't wait to hear before the transfer window closes how Rice is the solution to all of our problems and how great players such as Kante, POTY Kovacic that is just entering his prime and Jorginho are simply not good enough and bench warmers.

he puts in these performance's regularly but doesn't matter because he's "Sarri's" Jorginho. They will always find a excuse to hate on him.

People thinking Rice is the solution to our problem just laughable

Edited by Brutos

34 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Because he's not over 6 foot and doesn't lunge into tackles all the time people think he's dire. They're the same people who rate Eric Dier. 

To be fair Dier did have a decent game last night - despite the toilet break!

Can't stand him, but fair play - he was the first to go up to Mount and console him.

7 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Can't wait to hear before the transfer window closes how Rice is the solution to all of our problems and how great players such as Kante, POTY Kovacic that is just entering his prime and Jorginho are simply not good enough and bench warmers.

As I have turned over a new leaf, I will firstly say that Jorginho was one of our better performers last night. Had a better game and fair play, took a penalty in the shoot out and tucked it away.

The issue I have with the figures given above are things like 118 touches, 94 passes. He was alright last night but from posts like above are trying to make out he gave some kind of football masterclass, where truth be told, he was tidy - received the ball here, gave it there and so on. I think it was Jorginho who did play that one really good ball forward that CHO or Abraham should have made a lot more of and THAT's what I want to see Jorginho do more. He tried a few more than didn't come off but I don't mind as long as we give it a go, rather than play this safe "keep-ball" but go absolutely nowhere. We need someone to try and open things up with killer passes - he made that great pass to Abraham last season v Wolves which helped us to a good win.

I would like to see him do a it more of what Fernandes does for Man Utd and now Ceballos for Arsenal. Really do like the look of Ceballos - have been very impressed with him. Only came on late in the Liverpool defeat but put one on a plate for Lacazette and got voted MOTM by Gooners fans.

Edited by Nibs

He played well 1st half, second half was okay, showed his negatives when Bergjwin just cruised past him and got a shot away. 

Dont think he is as bad as his detractors would have you believe, but he also has his weaknesses that can be exposed, especially in this league. 

13 minutes ago, Nibs said:

As I have turned over a new leaf, I will firstly say that Jorginho was one of our better performers last night. Had a better game and fair play, took a penalty in the shoot out and tucked it away.

The issue I have with the figures given above are things like 118 touches, 94 passes. He was alright last night but from posts like above are trying to make out he gave some kind of football masterclass, where truth be told, he was tidy - received the ball here, gave it there and so on. I think it was Jorginho who did play that one really good ball forward that CHO or Abraham should have made a lot more of and THAT's what I want to see Jorginho do more. He tried a few more than didn't come off but I don't mind as long as we give it a go, rather than play this safe "keep-ball" but go absolutely nowhere. We need someone to try and open things up with killer passes - he made that great pass to Abraham last season v Wolves which helped us to a good win.

I would like to see him do a it more of what Fernandes does for Man Utd and now Ceballos for Arsenal. Really do like the look of Ceballos - have been very impressed with him. Only came on late in the Liverpool defeat but put one on a plate for Lacazette and got voted MOTM by Gooners fans.

He does try to provide through balls yet they are nearly always on the ground making them easy to intercept.

1 hour ago, Nibs said:

To be fair Dier did have a decent game last night - despite the toilet break!

Can't stand him, but fair play - he was the first to go up to Mount and console him.

2nd half he did, as did the Spurs team in general. 

It was a real fickle performance in my book, not saying the first half was amazing by any stretch, but the 2nd half was a disaster compared to the first. 

On 30/09/2020 at 20:47, jack_super_class said:

First half it was an easy game to look good in, he had so much space and time it was silly. Second half he went missing. 

EjHSZ1SXgAUGynH?format=jpg&name=medium

EjKGgC2WsAEPKIF?format=jpg&name=medium

Or was it actually Mount that went missing? low movement off the ball = Jorginho automatically forced to keep passing to the side and back.

2 hours ago, Gol15 said:

EjHSZ1SXgAUGynH?format=jpg&name=medium

EjKGgC2WsAEPKIF?format=jpg&name=medium

Or was it actually Mount that went missing? low movement off the ball = Jorginho automatically forced to keep passing to the side and back.

Jesus thats ridiculous reaching, you cant post a random picture with absolutely no relevance and blame someone. The hatred aimed towards Mount on here is pathetic, and this is one of the worst examples. 

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

Jesus thats ridiculous reaching, you cant post a random picture with absolutely no relevance and blame someone. The hatred aimed towards Mount on here is pathetic, and this is one of the worst examples. 

Sounds like you have no idea what you're talking about, would be nice if you stopped rambling like this...

3 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Sounds like you have no idea what you're talking about, would be nice if you stopped rambling like this...

So how can you see from that one still picture that Mount was to blame? You have no idea what had happened in the 10 seconds or so before it, was Mount in the box on a break and the ball was booted 50 yards down pitch so he was still coming back? Had he tracked a spurs break and booted it up the pitch and was still getting coming back? To post one picture in isolation as proof of anything is ridiculous.

Otherwise you go on and tell me exactly how that one picture can be used to prove something, I look forward to that.

Edited by dkw

Just now, dkw said:

So how can you see from that one still picture that Mount was to blame? You have no idea what had happened in the 10 seconds or so before it, was Mount in the box on a break and the ball was booted 50 yards down pitch so he was still coming back? Had he tracked a spurs break and booted it up the pitch and was still getting coming back? To post one picture in isolation as proof of anything is ridiculous.

Sorry that you're so sensitive towards Mount. Are you feeling better now?

7 minutes ago, dkw said:

No, the burden of proof is now on you to show how you thought that picture can show something. Prove me wrong.

Amusingly that pic does at least show that there were two easy forward pass options available on the right hand side ... to Dave or CHO ... but hey the 5 yard sideways or backwards pass it is then ! 🙂

1 minute ago, dkw said:

No, the burden of proof is now on you to show how you thought that picture can show something. Prove me wrong.

It's not the picture alone, it's also some player ratings and some words that I wrote.

How convenient that you never asked the person that said that Jorginho went missing to post some proofs about it...

I wasn't hating on Mount at all, I was questioning who actually went missing, I voted for Mount as the POTY of last season the only time I said something bad about him was when I argued that he is played on the wing instead of CHO that IMO deserved the chance and now I think that Mount is being simply overplayed. You should sometimes put things into context, what I posted isn't at all "hating on Mount".

3 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

Amusingly that pic does at least show that there were two easy forward pass options available on the right hand side ... to Dave or CHO ... but hey the 5 yard sideways or backwards pass it is then ! 🙂

If you were honest you would already know that those exact passes towards Dave or CHO are basically what people call "sideways" passes that only Jorginho does and nobody else, he's the only one that passes sideways somehow.

Edited by Gol15

Just now, Gol15 said:

It's not the picture alone, it's also some player ratings and some words that I wrote.

How convenient that you never asked the person that said that Jorginho went missing to post some proofs about it...

I wasn't hating on Mount at all, I was questioning who actually went missing, I voted for Mount as the POTY of last season the only time I said something bad about him was when I argued that he is played on the wing instead of CHO that IMO deserved the chance and now I think that Mount is being simply overplayed. You should sometimes put things into context, what I posted isn't at all "hating on Mount".

But the entire point is there is no context in just posting a random picture, there is literally nothing to be gained from doing that. Whether you like him or not, to try and somehow use a picture like that to pass the blame from Jorginho is nonsensical.

Just now, dkw said:

But the entire point is there is no context in just posting a random picture, there is literally nothing to be gained from doing that. Whether you like him or not, to try and somehow use a picture like that to pass the blame from Jorginho is nonsensical.

It clearly shows that Mount is nowhere to be found doesn't it? The ratings clearly show that Jorginho was one of the best players on the pitch. You want me to post some evidence of how Mount did in that same game? The whole point is that Jorginho gets to be blamed for the most ridiculous things...