Super Frank Lampard

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Sack or Back ???  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

This poll is closed to new votes

9 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Yup, reverse the roles United would be getting a lot of praise for doing it the ‘traditional United’ way. Remember how much buzz there were around Rashford?

Before the Everton and Chelsea game it was an hour of Man United coverage apparently on Sky, all I keep hearing about on BBC and Sky is how United are one step closer to success. It's ridiculous, we've had barely any credit all season. 

23 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Before the Everton and Chelsea game it was an hour of Man United coverage apparently on Sky, all I keep hearing about on BBC and Sky is how United are one step closer to success. It's ridiculous, we've had barely any credit all season. 

Think that's a little harsh, Frank got a lot of credit early in the season when Utd were not performing. 

Now they are thanks to the Bruno Fernandes signing who seems to have lifted Utd and their defence seems to be holding as well. Guess that means Pogba is off and the media is back to their comfortable headlines about Utd's success with the England's biggest club.

All we can do is to start punishing more teams like Everton and build our own belief, interesting as Frank is going to need to make a decision next up against Villa away and Gilmour gets my vote rather than Jorginho.

If we go on a winning run and stay ahead of Utd the media will have to pay Frank credit, there is no way for Olly to hide now it is a straight fight between us and them, let the battle drums roll........ 

I would caveat all of this by saying the job is not yet done but Frank is doing what no other manager could have done.

He showed extraordinary courage to take this job on. He had a degree of success at Derby but nothing that would make him a stand out candidate for the job that Sarri had vacated. The decision to take Frank on was very much influenced by his achievements as a player and his connections to the club. He didn't get the job on merit. The previous occasion the club had risked an emotive decision was AVB and RDM and while that ended in a CL victory you wouldn't use those circumstances as a model for future recruitment. The board have generally hired and fired big name managers and Frank knew this. He put his head in the lions mouth and went for it. His whole managerial career could have blown up in his face at his second job.

It hasn't though. The opening to the season was frightening but he held his nerve and after a few poor results we then went on a run. We've now had a another run of poor results and looked vulnerable at home but  it's now starting to look like we have come out of that. The winter break looked bad for us straight away but now some of the players are looking rejuvenated and more confident. We  have faced challenges and come back stronger. There's no way Liverpool can suddenly become a really bad team. I don't completely but into that philosophy and saw with my own eyes the effort the players put in that night. They suffered against BM and gave Liverpool a pasting. Both teams were understrength that night and Chelsea deservedly came out on top. Everton didn't stand a chance. Chelsea ran them off the park and took their chances, and this is very important point.

Some fans have been coming on here complaining that our defence is a problem and that Frank's comments about us not being ruthless in front of goal were wrong. Against Everton we took our chances and they had to sit a bit deeper because of the goals. I know Giroud's hold up play from long kicks is making us sit deeper but I still think Frank was right to highlight that we weren't being clinical in front of goal. Frank has got this through to the players and it's working.

Keep up the good work Frank.

COYB!

31 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Think that's a little harsh, Frank got a lot of credit early in the season when Utd were not performing. 

Now they are thanks to the Bruno Fernandes signing who seems to have lifted Utd and their defence seems to be holding as well. Guess that means Pogba is off and the media is back to their comfortable headlines about Utd's success with the England's biggest club.

All we can do is to start punishing more teams like Everton and build our own belief, interesting as Frank is going to need to make a decision next up against Villa away and Gilmour gets my vote rather than Jorginho.

If we go on a winning run and stay ahead of Utd the media will have to pay Frank credit, there is no way for Olly to hide now it is a straight fight between us and them, let the battle drums roll........ 

Jorginho is on a 3 match ban so I think he's banned for the Villa game. Billy the Kid rides on.

4 minutes ago, Andy North said:

Some fans have been coming on here complaining that our defence is a problem and that Frank's comments about us not being ruthless in front of goal were wrong. Against Everton we took our chances and they had to sit a bit deeper because of the goals. I know Giroud's hold up play from long kicks is making us sit deeper but I still think Frank was right to highlight that we weren't being clinical in front of goal. Frank has got this through to the players and it's working.

Keep up the good work Frank.

COYB!

For me we should have been 4 up at half time we had enough chances yet at 2-0 in the closing minutes of the first half Calvert-Lewin should have scored.

At 2-1 just before half-time that might have produced a harder second half, glad it didn't.

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

Maybe... From what I've seen though, and believe me it's no victimhood complex or blue tinted specs, is that there is a clear bias towards Liverpool and United, much more than there is for any other team. It shouldn't annoy me because it probably works out in our favour anyway but United shouldn't be getting the credit they're getting, Roy Keane and Neville are sucking Ole's balls after the game when Frank is above him and has had a MUCH harder job. But the lack of Chelsea pundits is something I've been complaining about for years, the coverage we get is shocking. 

I mean like I said, it probably works out in our favour, it's probably best to stay under the radar. 

2 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Maybe... From what I've seen though, and believe me it's no victimhood complex or blue tinted specs, is that there is a clear bias towards Liverpool and United, much more than there is for any other team. It shouldn't annoy me because it probably works out in our favour anyway but United shouldn't be getting the credit they're getting, Roy Keane and Neville are sucking Ole's balls after the game when Frank is above him and has had a MUCH harder job. But the lack of Chelsea pundits is something I've been complaining about for years, the coverage we get is shocking. 

I mean like I said, it probably works out in our favour, it's probably best to stay under the radar. 

Agree and it's all about tradition they have won the most cups, they have a competition just of their own slagging each other off about who is the best club in England.

They are the football establishment due to their previous success and this buys them more credit with the refs and media, of course if Frank next season wins the league or does the double then it will start to change but will only change if another club outside those two start to build continued success.

We never used to get any pundits on TV. I would argue with the likes of Joe Cole, Glenn Hoddle, Paul Merson, Chris Sutton, Pat Nevin etc that things have improved significantly. I've also seen the likes Eddie Newton, Cundy etc.

I actually think the media really like Frank and I'm happy for us to go under the radar a bit. Puts pressure on the Utd and Pool players.

Clearly the biggest difference in the last week or so has been the attitude. Heated words were had after the Bournemouth game and we have seen a better level of intensity, aggression and focus since. How long it lasts is a different question however credit must go to Frank and the staff for making that happen, and long may it continue, as something had to change quickly. 

3 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Clearly the biggest difference in the last week or so has been the attitude.

No, the biggest difference is the complete dismantling of our midfield three, through injuries, and replaced with 3 young kids who want to play attacking football.