Amputechture

Man Utd vs Chelsea (PL) Sun 11th Aug 16:30 GMT

I’d like to see more of us in pre season before committing fully but from what I’ve seen so far I’d quite like the 4-4-2 diamond we used in the first half last time out.

Kepa

Azpi Christensen Zouma Emerson

Jorginho

Kante Kovacic

Mount 

Abraham Batshuayi

Still a good few pre season games to go through until then. Alternatively I’d go for the 4-4-3 and swap mount with Pulisic and Bats/Abraham for Pedro and keep that rest the same

I would go with 4-2-1-3 with ball, and a 4-2-3-1 with no possession.

Cesar  Andreas  Zouma Emerson

Kante  Jorginho

Kovacic

Pedro            Michy           Willian

Subs:

Kovacic>Mount

Pulisic>Pedro

Michy>Abraham

@Amputechture sorry i hijacked your thread for the match thread.:wink:

15 minutes ago, coco said:

You have to start the match thread or it’s bad luck for the season. Unless of course we win it all then it turns out you were a curse all along!

3 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

You have to start the match thread or it’s bad luck for the season. Unless of course we win it all then it turns out you were a curse all along!

I bet you look in the bottom of teacups for your news.:laugh2: Im not in the slieigthtest suppersztitious, sorrey foe spelling misttaks i have my fingeers xrossed.

2 minutes ago, coco said:

I bet you look in the bottom of teacups for your news.:laugh2: Im not in the slieigthtest suppersztitious, sorrey foe spelling misttaks i have my fingeers xrossed.

Hey, my pre match ritual got us to our first champions league final. If I’d been able to afford flights and accommodation back then we’d have won it!

1 hour ago, Munkworth said:

Hey, my pre match ritual got us to our first champions league final. If I’d been able to afford flights and accommodation back then we’d have won it!

So Johns Terrys right boot had nothing to do with it, but your personal poverty did.:laugh2:

3 hours ago, coco said:

So Johns Terrys right boot had nothing to do with it, but your personal poverty did.:laugh2:

That spot wouldn’t have been so slippery if I’d completed the pre-match ritual. It stopped working after that. 

Good news I guess. Shoot me but I still would not automatically start Kante. My vibe, such as it is, is that Jorginho and Kovacic fit together really well as double pivot and that either mason mount or Barkley work well in the number 10 spot. Mason mount might score a few goals but it’s a way bigger ask in the PL, history suggest Barkley will struggle to score 5-6. 

Alternatively you could play Kante  in a mid 3 and 2 strikers with one wide player, pulisic. That leave either Tammy or bats to guard a wing in defence but I can’t see that working too well. If we play 2 wide players I can’t see any goal scoring. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Kepa

Azpi Luiz Rudiger Alonso

Kante

Kovacic Jorginho

Pulisic Giroud Willian

Alonso has been really poor against United in recent times, I would go with Emerson. I also don't see where any goals are going to come from with that midfield and attack, I think at least one of Barkley or Pedro has to start, I would have them both in the starting 11 ahead of Jorginho and Willian.

Edited by Scott Harris

Posted (edited)

If Kante hasn’t had any game time pre-season then he shouldn’t get throw straight back in. I know he’s a machine but he should be gradually brought back in if only as a precaution against aggravating this injury again and losing him for even longer. 

Edited by Munkworth

2 hours ago, Munkworth said:

If Kante hasn’t had any game time pre-season then he shouldn’t get throw straight back in.

What of all the people penciling in Willian? 

Willian hasn't even been to training yet, but Kante has... How does Willian get in before Kante? 

31 minutes ago, Skinnedy said:

Willian hasn't even been to training yet, but Kante has... How does Willian get in before Kante? 

+ Willian is recovering from an injury he sustained in the Copa America Final. Not sure he we won't see him before Sept.

1 hour ago, robdog said:

+ Willian is recovering from an injury he sustained in the Copa America Final. Not sure he we won't see him before Sept.

Exactly. So why are people so quick to list him First XI in this game? We'll see Kante before Willian 

13 hours ago, Skinnedy said:

I’d rather we went with the two up top, narrow diamond and attacking full backs. We’ve got intelligent enough midfielders to know who to find space in the formation and not stick rigidly to it but the big plus is it removes the need for wingers which is where we’re at our weakest.

Kepa

Azpi Christensen Zouma Emerson

Kante  Jorginho

Pedro        Mount      Pulisic

Michy or Tammy

Who I want to see:

Kepa

Azpi

Christensen

Zouma

Emerson

Kante

Jorginho

Barkley

Mount

Pulisic

Abraham

Who I expect to see:

Kepa

Azpi

Christensen

Luiz

Alonso

Jorginho

Kante

Pedro

Kovacic

Willian

Giroud

On 18/07/2019 at 13:09, coco said:

I would go with 4-2-1-3 with ball, and a 4-2-3-1 with no possession.

Cesar  Andreas  Zouma Emerson

Kante  Jorginho

Kovacic

Pedro            Michy           Willian

Subs:

Kovacic>Mount

Pulisic>Pedro

Michy>Abraham

Certainly, under JM as much importance was attached to non-possession formations as to formations when we did have the ball. I think at times we will be play exciting football this season but despite Frank wanting his team to work hard off the ball I have a feeling we will leak goals. I worry in that in our enthusiasm to get forward we leave ourselves open to attack and that’s why your observation about non-possession formations is so important. Just hope that Frank can get the balance between flair and discipline.

Seems like United are close to sign Dybala, Maguire and Bruno Fernandes.

Would be interesting to see how they will upgrade their team. 

Great moment to test our character with the young players like Mount, Abraham.