Chelsea v Southampton (PL) Sat 17th Oct 2020 15:00 GMT

2 hours ago, Munkworth said:

@coco please check the day and time this match is scheduled for. That can’t be right. 

Our last KO at 3pm on a Saturday was away to Bournemouth (2-2) 231 days ago on 29 FEB 2020

Our last KO at 3pm on a Saturday at home was against Burnley (3--0)  280 days ago on 11 JAN 2020

1 hour ago, coco said:

Our last KO at 3pm on a Saturday was away to Bournemouth (2-2) 231 days ago on 29 FEB 2020

Our last KO at 3pm on a Saturday at home was against Burnley (3--0)  280 days ago on 11 JAN 2020

I don’t know where you get your facts but I’m pretty certain we’ve not had a Saturday 3pm’er in our entire history...

Keep the team the exact same as last week, I think Pulisic should be on the bench again, dont want to rush him into the starting XI but if he is fully fit then move Werner down the middle and Puli on the left.

Also any news on when Ziyech is coming back? Didnt think his injury was that serious at first

In the words of Jimmy Greaves (for those that can remember that far back) ; “ its a funny old game Saint “ , sure is, who could have predicted Liverpool, both manc teams & Leicester all getting stuffed this weekend past, Leeds having a go and getting rewarded and Everton and Villa unbeaten !!? unbelievable - well done Ross Barkley btw, partly sad to see him leave ? 

International break is a bummer for us, but a lot of the traditional top six teams play each other in the immediate resumption of the PL on 17/10 and the following weekend, including us v MU , so lots of 6 pointers, but first we need to get past S’hampton, who are well organised and no mugs under Hasenhuttl who, IMO, is decent, but we need to be putting these guys to the sword if we are genuinely top 4 contenders, especially at home ( despite there being no crowd, I still think playing at home is an advantage - isn’t it ?) so I look forward to FL’s team selection on the basis that everyone returns from international duty unscathed - team moral must be high and the players looking forward to getting back to their day jobs after 4-0 on Saturday and a decent team performance ? 

Someone on here mentioned that when we play the mancs 24/10 and that they may have a new manager by then and benefit from the bounce that that tends to bring - seriously hope not - gotta keep Ole in the job !!!

4 minutes ago, Paddy said:

In the words of Jimmy Greaves (for those that can remember that far back) ; “ its a funny old game Saint “ , sure is, who could have predicted Liverpool, both manc teams & Leicester all getting stuffed this weekend past, Leeds having a go and getting rewarded and Everton and Villa unbeaten !!? unbelievable - well done Ross Barkley btw, partly sad to see him leave ? 

International break is a bummer for us, but a lot of the traditional top six teams play each other in the immediate resumption of the PL on 17/10 and the following weekend, including us v MU , so lots of 6 pointers, but first we need to get past S’hampton, who are well organised and no mugs under Hasenhuttl who, IMO, is decent, but we need to be putting these guys to the sword if we are genuinely top 4 contenders, especially at home ( despite there being no crowd, I still think playing at home is an advantage - isn’t it ?) so I look forward to FL’s team selection on the basis that everyone returns from international duty unscathed - team moral must be high and the players looking forward to getting back to their day jobs after 4-0 on Saturday and a decent team performance ? 

Someone on here mentioned that when we play the mancs 24/10 and that they may have a new manager by then and benefit from the bounce that that tends to bring - seriously hope not - gotta keep Ole in the job !!!

Yes I mentioned the new manager bounce though perhaps the intl break will save him, like a boxer on the ropes saved by the bell.

3 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Yes I mentioned the new manager bounce though perhaps the intl break will save him, like a boxer on the ropes saved by the bell.

Whatever it is that is causing their problems, I think he definitely contributes to it and long may it continue 🤣🤣

Fact is we shut down a very dangerous counter attacking side in Palace who played the same way and beat United away already.

Unless there are injuries you dont change your defensive set up in your next game after your only league clean sheet this season and second only in total.

So for me that means sticking with Jorginho and Kante in front of them too as they both did their jobs really well imo.

Where you can change, if you want, is the other 4 spots. As none of Kai, CHO, Abraham or Werner were outstanding, especially the latter two. 

I would go with changing out two and go with, if fit,

Mendy

Azpi

Silva

Zouma

Chilwell 

Jorginho

Kante

Zyiech

Havertz

CHO

Giroud

Having Werner, Mount, Pulisic and Abraham as offensive options off the bench is pretty nice 🙂

10 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Fact is we shut down a very dangerous counter attacking side in Palace who played the same way and beat United away already.

Unless there are injuries you dont change your defensive set up in your next game after your only league clean sheet this season and second only in total.

So for me that means sticking with Jorginho and Kante in front of them too as they both did their jobs really well imo.

Where you can change, if you want, is the other 4 spots. As none of Kai, CHO, Abraham or Werner were outstanding, especially the latter two. 

I would go with changing out two and go with, if fit,

Mendy

Azpi

Silva

Zouma

Chilwell 

Jorginho

Kante

Zyiech

Havertz

CHO

Giroud

Having Werner, Mount, Pulisic and Abraham as offensive options off the bench is pretty nice 🙂

Fans are calling for Frank to stick with the same team and build cohesion. And why not after such a dominant clean sheet win.

Pulisic, Mount, Giroud and Zyiech all subs,  still a very strong bench. all bring new dangers to a tired defence.

Our core attack of Abraham, Havertz, Werner and CHO did good last game and i want to see more of them playing together, as it will only improve as we go along.

5 hours ago, coco said:

Fans are calling for Frank to stick with the same team and build cohesion. And why not after such a dominant clean sheet win.

Pulisic, Mount, Giroud and Zyiech all subs,  still a very strong bench. all bring new dangers to a tired defence.

Our core attack of Abraham, Havertz, Werner and CHO did good last game and i want to see more of them playing together, as it will only improve as we go along.

Fair point Coco. For me Giroud is like Silva. That wealth of experience is something to tap in to, and for our strongest team he brings more to the team than Tammy or Werner do. 

6 hours ago, coco said:

In our last 3 PL games we haven't scored in the first half so i'd rather get Pulisic & Ziyech in there from the start personally and try win the game asap.

I really hope no players come back injured. I think it’s important lampard keeps the same back 4. I hope to see Ziyech at least making the bench for this game.

mendy 

azbi zouma silva chillwell 

kante jorginho 

CHO havertz Mount 

werner 

then bring on pulisic and Ziyech for 30 mins 

On 04/10/2020 at 20:23, Malcolm9 said:

I would drop Tammy and play Werner up top with Pulisic starting. The rest can stay the same.

Well now that Tammy and Ben have at least a one match ban for England they will both be rested at least

Pulisic, Werner, and Ziyech are the three best Chelsea offensive players in terms of scoring, passing, ability to beat a defender off the dribble, etc. They should all be starting the next game. Pulisic and Ziyech, along with Havertz will open things up for Werner who has gotten off to a slow start due to playing out of position combined with poor passing to take advantage of his speed. Ziyech's passing on set pieces will improve scoring chances for Havertz, Pulisic, and Werner.