Jump to content

ROMAN TO SELL....(maybe one day)


Mike Carefree
 Share

Recommended Posts

I believe that Roman will sell chelsea within the next 3 years...I pray he doesnt sell to the king of or prince of anywhere, but to a british billionaire who will love chelsea as much as Roman does...

I dont think he will take chelsea forward in new stadium stakes with his problems with our home office...

If we dont win the european cup in the next 3 yrs, which we wont, i think he ll say enough and goodbye....

Your thoughts

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Mike Carefree said:

I believe that Roman will sell chelsea within the next 3 years...I pray he doesnt sell to the king of or prince of anywhere, but to a british billionaire who will love chelsea as much as Roman does...

I dont think he will take chelsea forward in new stadium stakes with his problems with our home office...

If we dont win the european cup in the next 3 yrs, which we wont, i think he ll say enough and goodbye....

Your thoughts

It will be interesting Mike as the rumours were £3bn  would do it when Jim Ratcliffe of Ineos was rumoured to be interested.

Yet no stadium rebuild and the pitch owners mean whoever takes over will see this as a pain in the ass compared to other potential targets.

Abramovich is rebuilding a state of the art yacht which is about the size of a military frigate and living in Israel and may develop other priorities, in which case he could drop his asking price.

Change is inevitable we just don't know the when and what will trigger it.

Future generations might view this as the golden period 2003-2017 or perhaps another rich benefactor may seize the reins and invest heavily.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, Mike Carefree said:

 

If we dont win the european cup in the next 3 yrs, which we wont, i think he ll say enough and goodbye....

 

Like what you’re doing here Mike. I’d say we are a ‘shoo in’ now to win it this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it will transpire that he sees Chelsea as a living breathing collection, that he has been able to indulge some his vast wealth in, he could walk away tomorrow, with nearly 20 rs of involvement, not down on his fortune, and say thanks it was a blast, but i think he'll eventually let his eldest son Arkadiy take the reins..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No chance.  Despite being an important part of his beyond diverse portfolio, you know he genuinely likes the club and gets great pleasure out of Chelsea and their fans.

Pragmatically, didn't he buy the club for £140M, and by 2019 the club was valued at £1.1B.  Excluding any investments (just role those into the supposed £1B loan Chelsea has from Roman, which any purchaser would have to clear), the annual return is over 13%.  Not too bad at all for a fun investment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Mike Carefree said:

Its called giving an opinion..

Well it was my small attempt of humour suggesting that you where trying the reverse jinx to ensure favourable results in the Champs League.

However in answer to your question, imho I don’t think he will.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


13 minutes ago, goose said:

 

Well it was my small attempt of humour suggesting that you where trying the reverse jinx to ensure favourable results in the Champs League.

However in answer to your question, imho I don’t think he will.

Oh sorry goose...when i hit 65 i lost the power of humour...but......heres a button i can use😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From my perspective looking at with a commercial head it is keeping my asset (CFC) ready for sale. To reach maximum price it needs to be competing, so I would also see the £200m as investing to keep the asset/ club at the top.

A bit like like tying to sell your house if the market is not right you try and change or update something so you can sell quickly if the market changes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think it's a strong enough argument to say that in 3 years we won't win a CL title and thus Roman will sell... We don't really know how is our team going to look next season let alone in 3 years time.

If the pandemic doesn't stop we might end up being a strong team since we started rebuilding earlier than most in the recent times and our youth might be ready for the highest level in 2-3 years too, you never know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

$3Bn is an awful lot of coin to pay for a football club. Plenty of teams I'd buy ahead of us ... Newcastle being the really obvious one ... absolutely huge potential for anyone that invests enough to get that one right ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • 2 months later...
On 05/03/2021 at 23:48, Sexyfootball said:

$3Bn is an awful lot of coin to pay for a football club. Plenty of teams I'd buy ahead of us ... Newcastle being the really obvious one ... absolutely huge potential for anyone that invests enough to get that one right ...

I agree with that. Huge fan base. Its the smart buy in my opinion. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 27/02/2021 at 10:39, Mike Carefree said:

I believe that Roman will sell chelsea within the next 3 years...I pray he doesnt sell to the king of or prince of anywhere, but to a british billionaire who will love chelsea as much as Roman does...

I dont think he will take chelsea forward in new stadium stakes with his problems with our home office...

If we dont win the european cup in the next 3 yrs, which we wont, i think he ll say enough and goodbye....

Your thoughts

Anyway idea why he would suddenly sell after just under 20 years? 

To be fair a Prince or a king looks pretty good comparing it to an American owner or a group of them. In these Super League - times anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Everytime this thread gets brought back up to the top I have a mini heart attack. The capital letters makes it looks like someone has stumbled across a well trusted source saying he has just put it up for sale and they have tried to let everyone know this urgent breaking news the title needs to be changed to "Roman to sell???" With only the R as a capital letter

Just so I don't keep sh*tting myself whenever someone randomly wants to add to the topic

Edited by Malta Blue
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • coco changed the title to ROMAN TO SELL....(maybe one day)
6 hours ago, Malta Blue said:

Everytime this thread gets brought back up to the top I have a mini heart attack. The capital letters makes it looks like someone has stumbled across a well trusted source saying he has just put it up for sale and they have tried to let everyone know this urgent breaking news the title needs to be changed to "Roman to sell???" With only the R as a capital letter

Just so I don't keep sh*tting myself whenever someone randomly wants to add to the topic

sorted....

Capture.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites


38 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Well he’s likely to sell something at some point isn’t he? That’s how business works...

You ever heard of the word succession?

Or maybe this mostly unheard of word inheritance?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Malta Blue said:

You ever heard of the word succession?

Or maybe this mostly unheard of word inheritance?

Don't tear into @Munkworth, he was only speculating about Roman selling his collection of Barbie dolls.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!