Chelsea v Leicester (PL) Tues 18th May 2021 20:15 GMT

coco

Just now, charierre said:

and being 18 mths younger at the time, but don't let the facts get in the way of a good story 

The main point is his decisions weren't getting microanalysed in the same way.

Look at the difference in energy between the current Tammy situation and the Tomori one, the latter disappeared for a year and no one gave a sh*t.

Just now, carrickblue said:

Not sure whether watching Chelsea or the Eurovision Song Contest semi-final is going to be the more painful experience.......

As it's in Rotterdam, the Eurovision is even more akin to torture than usual 🤮

5 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Yeah, but that was Lampard don't you know? Tuchel is Tuchel and we have decided to hate him.

Given Gilmour more starts in the Premier League in four months then Lampard gave him in a year and a half in total. But yeah, silly stupid Tuchel!

Remarkable post. There's so much wrong in those four lines, (not to mention the sheer paranoia), you could drive a bus through it. But I really can't be arsed. I'm gonna put it down to the fact that you, like the rest of us, are just wound up tighter than a spring at the sheer humongous, f**koffedness, importance of tonight's do or die game. 

Just now, Argo said:

Look at the difference in energy between the current Tammy situation and the Tomori one, the latter disappeared for a year and no one gave a sh*t.

You brought up minutes and 18 months in a youth players career development is massive.

4 minutes ago, carrickblue said:

Not sure whether watching Chelsea or the Eurovision Song Contest semi-final is going to be the more painful experience.......

I think watching chelsea is slightly more painful.

2 minutes ago, Argo said:

Tomori is always going to be an interesting one given that like Mount he was chosen by Lampard to develop, sometimes its just down to attitude of the young player.

2 minutes ago, charierre said:

Tomori is always going to be an interesting one given that like Mount he was chosen by Lampard to develop, sometimes its just down to attitude of the young player.

Exactly, Lampard was given the benefit of the doubt in a way Tuchel never will.

15 minutes ago, Valerie said:

I'm sensing a drop in popularity for Tuchel, quite the comedown compared to the love-in after the Madrid matches :biggrin:

I think it's because he keeps f**king around with the line up....maybe 'Tuchel the Tinker' needs to get his sh*t together.  The only get out of jail card for me with him is the fact that he didn't get a pre-season and our so called forwards can't hit a Dreamliner hanger door, and the fact that he has come from a two team league and has not yet realized (much our demise) that any team can beat any team at anytime in the EPL.  But my patience is wearing a bit thin TBH with his team selections of late which will cost us dearly I fear.  Next season he won't get the same love in if we carry on playing like this.  

Just now, Argo said:

Not sure why you would find that strange. After all he is Frank Lampard - the clubs top scorer, club legend and likely to have a statue at the ground one day. He was always going to get a bit more leeway than TT.

Just now, Argo said:

When your leading scorer doesn't make the bench and two left backs do and your struggling to score goals, questions will be asked. As for Lampard he did actually buy himself a bit of credit, loyalty and all that. I can honestly say no true fan wants Tuchel to fail. 

1 minute ago, Munkworth said:

Lampard was a young inexperienced manager, our expectations were much lower with him. We expect more of Tuchel. 

We should cut Tuchel some slack. Not much, but some. He came in mid-season without any preparations with games every third day. That is a non-stop rollercoaster and we probably cannot even imagine how hard that might have been. 

1 minute ago, rocker_joker said:

We should cut Tuchel some slack. Not much, but some. He came in mid-season without any preparations with games every third day. That is a non-stop rollercoaster and we probably cannot even imagine how hard that might have been. 

But he’s too skinny, he chews gum and he can’t get dressed up for a cup final!

TUCHEL OUT!

2 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Lampard was a young inexperienced manager, our expectations were much lower with him. We expect more of Tuchel. 

From a tactical and coaching standpoint I absolutely agree but the youth integration was his big sell point so that's the one thing he can/should be accesed as an equal.

1 minute ago, charierre said:

When your leading scorer doesn't make the bench and two left backs do and your struggling to score goals, questions will be asked. As for Lampard he did actually buy himself a bit of credit, loyalty and all that. I can honestly say no true fan wants Tuchel to fail. 

I never said anyone does.

As for the bolded bit, we went down that route with Mou and look who we lost.

1 minute ago, Munkworth said:

TUCHEL OUT!

quite right. we'll not win a trophy until we have a manager in a proper suit and tie. got to have some standards

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

TUCHEL OUT!

Is Tuchel wearing the same outfit Lampard was wearing?  Does it belong to a Chelsea FC and they just wash it and give to the next coach.

Edited by rocker_joker

2 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

TUCHEL OUT!

I did feel that he wasn't taking the Final seriously not turning up in a suit....just as well have turned up in flip flops and speedo's for all his tracksuit did.