Chelsea v Leicester (PL) Tues 18th May 2021 20:15 GMT

coco

57 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Same, I am still pretty gutted over the F.A cup final defeat. At least when you lose it in any other season, it's the last game so you have the whole summer to get over it, but it's only been 3 days.

Indeed same here. Still painful.

1 hour ago, Bob stark said:

It is the reality, both Tammy and Giroud have been out of the rotation for a while now. You really can't rely on them to contribute much at this point. 

With Werner imo eventually his finishing will be fine. He probably won't be clinical finisher but good enough. 

The biggest problem for me with Werner is his minutes. He is playing star minutes and he hasn't shown that he is a nailed down starter player.

When we got him, I was very2 excited. I thought the plan is to make him and tammy to be part of st rotation. So if we play team with highline, werner is the guy otherwise tammy will play, of course player form should be taken into account but turned out Werner keep playing no matter what.  

For Werner to have a decent Chelsea career he will need to move to the Willian position. If he constantly produces double figures in assists and goals from there, then that is great.

As the main man he simply is not a good enough finisher imo. He, Havertz and Mount need a near deadly striker to take the pressure off them 

1 minute ago, Beerqueen said:

Nor me.  I'm almost hoping I can't find a decent stream so I have an excuse not to watch.

It is what it is,we have all had the wind knocked out of our wings with results lately,if we fail to win tonight so be it.

After beating city we had the momentum to win out the rest of our 5 fixtures and be recognised as the best team in the world. It's very important to win now to build momentum for the city game. Whilst on one hand banking our ucl hopes on winning a final might be the motivation we need to actually win the game.

Buuuuut, none of us want the emotional rollercoaster that would entail. One way or the other if we don't make top 4 we still have one more chance so I'm not too nervous. I just wanted to win the Fa cup, UCL and make top 4 but now that one of those is unattainable we must prove why we deserve to be in next seasons ucl.

I am looking forward to this game. It will be interesting to see how aggressive Tuchel has the team set up in a game we really need to win. This game has a lot of pressure. It will show where he is when pressure games hit. I really think he put out the wrong team for the FA Cup, I just hope we don't see the same thing. 

Posted (edited)

I think we'll win this game and make top 4. People need to relax, we lost 1 game and suddenly it was apocalypse and people saying that we'll lose top 4 and UCL final. Hell we may lose it all but how far the team has come has given me a sense of optimism. We did lose the last 2 games but we didn't lose my much - a poor backpass and a once in a season screamer. 

TT has laid a solid defensive foundation on which he can build a great midfield and attack but it will take some time and a couple of signings. Another thing that's impressive is how fast these players have learned from TT and implemented his ideas. The past 3 months have shown that we got hell of a talented team capable of beating anyone.

Edited by Nick05

Even though a lot is at stake, I am looking to this game and curious to see if we approach it differently. Hopefully we will attack Leicester from the start and take our chances.

No ifs, buts or maybes. An absolute must win game. 

Not even gonna speculate on what the starting line-up might be. Whoever Tuchel picks has to 100% perform and leave everything on the pitch. I want to see us press all over the park, front to back, and play for 90 minutes with the highest pace and tempo. Go for the throat and for once, finish our fecking chances!

1 minute ago, just said:

No ifs, buts or maybes. An absolute must win game. 

Not even gonna speculate on what the starting line-up might be. Whoever Tuchel picks has to 100% perform and leave everything on the pitch. I want to see us press all over the park, front to back, and play for 90 minutes with the highest pace and tempo. Go for the throat and for once, finish our fecking chances!

Anything else you would like there Just? A winning Lotto ticket? Your own private island perhaps? Those are as likely as a clinical Havertz and Werner tonight or any game lol.

Hopefully the chances fall to Kante and Pulisic, is our best chance.

29 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Anything else you would like there Just? A winning Lotto ticket? Your own private island perhaps? Those are as likely as a clinical Havertz and Werner tonight or any game lol.

Hopefully the chances fall to Kante and Pulisic, is our best chance.

Thanks, you reminded me to get my lottery ticket. 

4 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

If Tuchel is a real man he will start Gilmour but we all know he's a chicken, a chicken that puts all his hopes in the next sock colour.

Listen here you little sh*t, don’t mess with powers you don’t understand. Make a sacrifice to the sock God right now or forever live life with a hole in the big toe of every pair.

1 minute ago, Munkworth said:

Listen here you little sh*t, don’t mess with powers you don’t understand. Make a sacrifice to the sock God right now or forever live life with a hole in the big toe of every pair.

hide GIF

6 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

I really don’t get people who would rather win this than the FA cup. I’d happily take a defeat here for the cup.

But it’s gone now, lets hope Leicester are still hungover.

It's the bigger picture mate.

We want to be fighting for the title again. If we're going to do that, we need a world class striker. Can't get one of those without CL football.