Chelsea v Leicester (PL) Tues 18th May 2021 20:15 GMT

coco

2 hours ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

Mike Dean is the ref for tuesday and mariner at the VAR....

Mike Dean from Merseyside, that is not a good omen.

36 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

Unfortunately that cant happen because Arsenal can't win the Europa league... For some reason i hate Leicester more after yesterday. I want them in the Europa league

Ah sh*t. They changed the rules? That sucks.

33 minutes ago, 2211 said:

Mike Dean from Merseyside, that is not a good omen.

He helped the scousers today with their first goal by calling a freekick even though the ball didnt touch him.  Unfortunately teams have figured out that if they park the bus we are clueless with all that possesion. We need to attack Leicester early and not wait till the end of the game

It has been said, and will be said more, that this is a must win game. 

However if we do happen to lose it then we know our top 4 place is gone, and therefore I hope we do what City have done facing us and beyond and that is play fringe players against Villa and work with the starting 11 for City more diligently. 

Maybe TT should even let his assistant manage to game against Villa while he and the main team stay back at Cobham working on the CL final prep.

A way of making the most of a bad situation if it happens.

After the Arsenal defeat I resigned myself to finishing 5th and a couple of losers medals.  TT has just got it so wrong since that game last week but its been coming for a while, defend deep against Chelsea and you have a more than better chance of winning.  TT played a weakened side against Arsenal and lost when 3 points were crucial; every fan knew that in that game we had to get 3 points except TT.  In the Final he played a goalkeeper with short arms when anyone who has watched Leicester this season knows that anyone of their midfielders is capable of a shot like that from 20-30 yards out; a left back who goes forward yet can't defend worth sh*te and RW who makes little effort and then disappears after 30 minutes. 

If he is banking on winning Tuesday then he better the groundskeeper to widened the goal posts, because not one so called attacking player that he chooses can hit a f**king hanger door at the moment, meanwhile the clubs top goalscorer is sent into the wilderness, and the only other player likely to score warms the bench for 60+ minutes.  We attack with the speed of striking slug and have fallen back into continually play pass the parcel along the back line, and our midfielders continually receive the ball with their back towards goal..how the f**k are you ever going to score playing like that.  Brendan will play the same way with 5 at the back and at least 4 in the middle; best of luck scoring against them with our attacking threat....

We'll probably win 4-0 😂

So it is really down to this one game. (Villa away will likely be a draw) We really must take revenge for Leicester's dodgy win on Saturday and get the 3 points. The players MUST take personal responsibility for a win, nothing less will do. I saw signs on Saturday of our usual "couldn't give a toss" attitude, I just hope that TT saw it too. I am praying that Kovacic is fit, but as he wasn't on the bench at Wembley, that seems unlikely. Pulisic must start in preference to Ziyech and Chilwell instead of Alonso and with Havertz probably our best chance of actually scoring, I would start him instead of Werner.

The praying starts now !!! 🙏🙏🙏

17 minutes ago, Bluesince66 said:

I really don't know if this team can get themselves up to win this,it's a very weak minded lot,no big players who can kick others up the backside.

Spot on, we are so missing a natural leader. Someone who can literally drag a performance out of his team, and sorry, even though he is a legend, that man aint Dave

1 hour ago, coombsie said:

Spot on, we are so missing a natural leader. Someone who can literally drag a performance out of his team, and sorry, even though he is a legend, that man aint Dave

Having leader(s) always better than not having, but that doesn't guarantee we would be winning all games and finals. We had bad games and seasons with Drogba,Ballack Terry and Lampard.  Wins against both Madrids teams and others shows this teams has grit. The major problem is our front line misfiring and is super inconsistent. 

Ĺets hope itE not a slump but we just had a bad week for Chelsea. started last Monday and finished this Monday.

Crowd will have a massive role to play. Need to get right behind each and every player if not we could be in trouble 

mendy

Christiansen silva rudi

Dave Kante jorge chilly

mount havertz werner

That’s the team I think he will put out but personally il like to see Reece at rwb and maybe billy in the centre, his quickness of passing was sorely missed saturday. 

We're going into this game like it's the second leg and we're 1 goal behind, Leicester can live with a draw despite knowing that they play Spurs next but we can't. It's going to be a close game once again.

I think we need to come out all guns blazing in these last 2 games. Sick of seeing Werner now, lets go a bit more attacking, and play players that at the very least have some technical qualities. 

Id go 

James T.Silva Rudiger 

CHO kante Kova Chilwell 

Mount Pulisic 

Havertz. 

Harsh on azpi, but if Tuchel is concerned about Vardys pace, by all means play James, but dont sacrifice the attacking play down the right. Ziyech is also too inconsistent, some games looks lively, some games looks bullied out of it, and considering we bought him for his creativity and final ball, there has many very little evidence of him delivering. 

Not confident at all about the last 3 games, wouldnt surprise me if we won tomorrow and then drop points at villa anyway.

2 hours ago, JM7 said:

My prediction: 

- Chelsea win 1-0

- Liverpool will lose to Burnley (hoping their fans will boost them)

Not a chance Liverpool losing that game, not when their keeper has scored more goals in one game than our multi gizzllion strike force in 2 games. 

6 hours ago, coombsie said:

I freaking hate this comments. Absolutely hate it. Azpi has been fantastic captain for us. Give 110% every game and by most player account the most professional player in the team. 

If you want to drag performance from the team bring great player. We had Hazard for years and whenever Hazard played well we almost always win and they guy is no leader. 

2 hours ago, bluesfan said:

This is the one we are least likely to win. I think we'll only win at Villa.

Winning at Villa will mean naff all if we don't win tomorrow.  Can't rely on Spurs to turn Leicester over even if we draw tomorrow night. I think Liverpool with that win yesterday puts them in the driving position for a top 4 spot and like last year leaves us and Leicester to fight for 4th place...

Mendy

Azpilicueta    T.Silva   Rudiger

James     Kante   Jorginho     Chilwell

Havertz               Mount

Werner

Sub in Pulisic, Kovacic, Giroud/Tammy if needed.

29 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

I freaking hate this comments. Absolutely hate it. Azpi has been fantastic captain for us. Give 110% every game and by most player account the most professional player in the team. 

If you want to drag performance from the team bring great player. We had Hazard for years and whenever Hazard played well we almost always win and they guy is no leader. 

Yeah I don’t buy into this “no leaders on the pitch” thing. This is a stale argument that no longer holds true. It’s not the reason for our last two results. Dave has been a great captain. Silva is a real leader too, whether he’s playing or not. Mount - exemplary attitude and a future leader for sure. Jorginho gives his all, whether you like him or not. Werner, James.... only doubt right now on this front is Ziyech. All in all, our team spirit hasn’t been as good as it is now in a long time. It’s one reason we’re in the CL final. If people wanna be negative that’s fine, but at least be negative for the right reasons. 

19 hours ago, carrickblue said:

So much of sport is about momentum. We had it going up against City, through it away v Arsenal and couldn't pick it up yesterday - in fact if anything we got another kicking. We've stalled.

Liverpool have the momentum to get Top 4 after the way tonight finished. They know how to win and are getting their mojo back.

Leicester will fancy playing us on Tuesday. yesterday was no fluke they knew how to frustrate us. 

Sorry to say I think it's looking like a grim end to the season for us.

I agree on momentum yet having players like Mendy that should have played coming back into the squad and having a fit again Kovacic brings fresh energy and fighting spirit back into the team, they want to be involved and win things.

I was frustrated near the end, we are attacking and one of ours gets fouled after playing the ball wide to Chilwell, Giroud calls out to Chilwell running and pointing forwards, the break was on yet Chilwell decides to settle for the freekick with the clock running down. Perhaps the right decision yet Giroud was certainly interested. 

So for me we can regain momentum.

50 minutes ago, CFCCAN said:

Not a chance Liverpool losing that game, not when their keeper has scored more goals in one game than our multi gizzllion strike force in 2 games. 

Not to mention Burnley players are on the beach already, as shown when they got thrashed at home by Leeds.

Better chance Palace show up at Anfield in Roy's last game in charge, though that is very unlikely too.

4 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Not to mention Burnley players are on the beach already, as shown when they got thrashed at home by Leeds.

Better chance Palace show up at Anfield in Roy's last game in charge, though that is very unlikely too.

It's funny, I was wondering what WBA side would turn up yesterday, already relegated yet come close to taking a point.

I think the same with Burnley will Dyche tell his chaps, 'Lads we have a chance to beat Liverpool, that doesn't happen very often, no Van Dyke etc, are you up for it?'

Might spring a surprise yet.

2 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

It's funny, I was wondering what WBA side would turn up yesterday, already relegated yet come close to taking a point.

I think the same with Burnley will Dyche tell his chaps, 'Lads we have a chance to beat Liverpool, that doesn't happen very often, no Van Dyke etc, are you up for it?'

Might spring a surprise yet.

I would just assume we have to win both our games at this point. If Liverpool unexpectedly drop points, or Leicester fail to beat Spurs, then our target points total changes. Until then we need 70 points to be sure.