Chelsea v Leicester (PL) Tues 18th May 2021 20:15 GMT

coco

18 hours ago, Bob stark said:

I freaking hate this comments. Absolutely hate it. Azpi has been fantastic captain for us. Give 110% every game and by most player account the most professional player in the team. 

If you want to drag performance from the team bring great player. We had Hazard for years and whenever Hazard played well we almost always win and they guy is no leader. 

I am NOT criticising Dave's performances as a footballer, just saying that he is not a LEADER in the true sense of the word. I also went on to say he is a legend at the Club, his attitude, effort and loyalty are beyond question. What has Hazard got to do with it? He too is a Legend as a player but not a leader as you point out.  JT's retiring left a void that has yet to be filled,  I have a sneaking feeling that Declan Rice just might be that man. We are now getting accused of "bottling" the big games and this is the direct result of having good (not great) players and no leader !!

Rodgers quotes were interesting. Talking about how Leicester will be physically tired. Hopefully with the manager spouting messages like that, it will give the Leicester players an excuse to not be 100%. 

31 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Rodgers quotes were interesting. Talking about how Leicester will be physically tired. Hopefully with the manager spouting messages like that, it will give the Leicester players an excuse to not be 100%. 

Was that due to the post match hangover?

They haven't won anything for some time so probably a big celebration.

1 hour ago, evissy said:

We are winning today. Sorry to inform you like this but we are. They think they have our number but they don't. 

Mason to thank the fans for the POTY votes scores the winner. 

3-1 Chelsea. 

Who exactly will score these 3 goals? We really struggled to break them down as well as Arsenal. 1:1

8 minutes ago, Juan Nil said:

I am lucky enough to have a ticket in the Shed for the game tonight, feel more nervous than excited at the moment, massive game and cant wait to be back at the Bridge for it, just dont know what to expect in terms of result.

KTBFFH

Make sure you support the whole team throughout the match. Sing loud and proud for 90 minutes and make sure those around you do too. 
you are one of the lucky ones, don’t waste it , support could make all the difference tonight! 

4 hours ago, Bob stark said:

Not sure 10 minutes is the problem. Giroud hasn't played meaningful minutes in weeks or maybe even months 

Yup we rotate a fair bit but both Giroud and Abraham are not included in that and are totally rusty now and likely no use. So we get to enjoy the Havertz and Werner catalog of misses. 

With how bad the latter is at it I have even pondered, ridiculously I know, if he is doing it on purpose. I mean, how can a forward be that bad at finishing?

4 hours ago, coombsie said:

Azpi has been a very good captain and leader for our team. I don't understand why people keep saying that azpi isn't a good leader. 

But more importantly the importance of leader is overblown imo. Having good leader is important but what is better than having good leader, having good player. 

That is why I bring Hazard into this discussion. Hazard is not a leader but he is so good, he can make everyone looks better. If Tuchel can have a choice of adding either Terry or Hazard for our game vs leicester, I am 100% sure he will pick hazard. 

For the reason why our performance has been quite poor in big games especially final. I have posted somewhere, it comes down to us being the underdog most of the time. We have not been in convention for pl since Conte 1st season. 

3 hours ago, JM7 said:

Are they not going to do it for their former chairman again in honour of him as a family? Are not they still a people's club, unlike us, with the people behind them? Or does that only apply for the cup final?

Maybe their players say what Armaty did and Vardy plans on blowing his nose on our corner flag or Maddison taking a piss on Stamford the Lion when they score?

Why the excuses Brendan, we both played the same game on Saturday did we not? We have also played more games than your lot, high pressure CL games at that, I am sure our team is more tired than yours.

42 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Yup we rotate a fair bit but both Giroud and Abraham are not included in that and are totally rusty now and likely no use. So we get to enjoy the Havertz and Werner catalog of misses. 

With how bad the latter is at it I have even pondered, ridiculously I know, if he is doing it on purpose. I mean, how can a forward be that bad at finishing?

It is the reality, both Tammy and Giroud have been out of the rotation for a while now. You really can't rely on them to contribute much at this point. 

With Werner imo eventually his finishing will be fine. He probably won't be clinical finisher but good enough. 

The biggest problem for me with Werner is his minutes. He is playing star minutes and he hasn't shown that he is a nailed down starter player.

When we got him, I was very2 excited. I thought the plan is to make him and tammy to be part of st rotation. So if we play team with highline, werner is the guy otherwise tammy will play, of course player form should be taken into account but turned out Werner keep playing no matter what.  

24 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Same, I am still pretty gutted over the F.A cup final defeat. At least when you lose it in any other season, it's the last game so you have the whole summer to get over it, but it's only been 3 days.

Good shout. I too am still gutted about our FA Cup Final result.

I wish I could be confident of a win, but after the last 10 days or so, I just don't feel confident in this team of players at the moment, barring a couple of them who are putting in pretty consistent performances. How the hell can we be confident when we lose to Arsenal and then to Leicester in a final of a cup competition. Now we expecting them to beat the same side to make top four when it matters most.