Liverpool v Chelsea (PL) Sat 28th Aug 2021 17:30 GMT

coco

Liverpool fan i know said this morning he was shocked to see the red card come out, was expecting a yellow.

Then we agreed on something else (yeah i know)... in that situation the fair outcome would be to award the goal without giving a penalty and issue a yellow card if it was obviously intentional, absolutely no need for a red card, even if it was 100% intended.

5 hours ago, Nevamind said:

Is everything ok? Clearly you just want to wind people up or really believe in what you wrote. 

Why didn't he use Chilwell instead? Because he was not f***ing needed. 

Dont get me wrong he is a good but this has nothing to do with him. Tuchel thinks Alonso helps the team more so be it. 

Maybe Tuchel is a type of person that doesn't care about how we get goals, he just wants us to score goals. Maybe that's why he is obsessed with Alonso, because obviously Alonso scores more goals than Chillwell. But you must care more about a player who helps the team score goals not necessarily scoring it by himself. In 90 mins, Chillwell can help the team and the team may score 3 goals, he may not score it by himself. But Alonso by himself can score 1 goal in 20 matches, and even though he scored in that one match, we may still lose the match, only that he scored one goal, so what is so special about the one goal that he scored?

But you don't achieve great things like that. Chillwell is obviously better than Alonso, so why not use Chillwell instead of Alonso?

8 minutes ago, hephzibah said:

Maybe Tuchel is a type of person that doesn't care about how we get goals, he just wants us to score goals. Maybe that's why he is obsessed with Alonso, because obviously Alonso scores more goals than Chillwell. But you must care more about a player who helps the team score goals not necessarily scoring it by himself. In 90 mins, Chillwell can help the team and the team may score 3 goals, he may not score it by himself. But Alonso by himself can score 1 goal in 20 matches, and even though he scored in that one match, we may still lose the match, only that he scored one goal, so what is so special about the one goal that he scored?

But you don't achieve great things like that. Chillwell is obviously better than Alonso, so why not use Chillwell instead of Alonso?

Alonso was sharper and match fit. 

At half time, Kante was injured, James was off. So obviously we had to add a CB and a CM. Alonso was the only one capable of delivering corners and free kicks, tall enough to add protection against set pieces and was at least able to challenge Salah and Trent.

If you were TT and had only one card left to play, was a like for like replacement for LWB really the one to go for?

Klopp had 2 subs left at the time. Tuchel had to wait to see Klopp's hand before playing his. 

4 hours ago, coco said:

Liverpool fan i know said this morning he was shocked to see the red card come out, was expecting a yellow.

Then we agreed on something else (yeah i know)... in that situation the fair outcome would be to award the goal without giving a penalty and issue a yellow card if it was obviously intentional, absolutely no need for a red card, even if it was 100% intended.

Edit - agree with this 

Genuine question though - From the main camera angles and after seeing numerous slow-mos, James only touched the ball once - the ricochet off the thigh. His arm then makes a weird movement without contact, which is no infringement. Surely this means there should not even be the possibility of a red? (Assuming a competent and unbiased ref) 

Edited by venom2011

5 hours ago, Deino said:

Alonso was sharper and match fit. 

At half time, Kante was injured, James was off. So obviously we had to add a CB and a CM. Alonso was the only one capable of delivering corners and free kicks, tall enough to add protection against set pieces and was at least able to challenge Salah and Trent.

If you were TT and had only one card left to play, was a like for like replacement for LWB really the one to go for?

Klopp had 2 subs left at the time. Tuchel had to wait to see Klopp's hand before playing his. 

Is there anything like sharpness or match fitness about Alonso? Is he not normally slow on the ball? I said Chillwell is better than him, and Chillwell should be playing. Tuchel has to be careful about this Alonso and Chillwell situation, if not, it can lead to his sack.

39 minutes ago, hephzibah said:

Is there anything like sharpness or match fitness about Alonso? Is he not normally slow on the ball? I said Chillwell is better than him, and Chillwell should be playing. Tuchel has to be careful about this Alonso and Chillwell situation, if not, it can lead to his sack.

Tuchel to get sacked for playing Alonso while Chilwell still isn't match ready? Did I miss something?

8 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Not a great weekend for us. Dropping 2 points form being ahead and wasting several golden chances, our other top 4 rivals win, and the Kounde deal is off...lol

I am not sure why Kounde transfer is a big deal? 

He is a rcb. We have 3/4 player who can play rcb comfortably. 

11 hours ago, hephzibah said:

I like Ben too but Tuchel already answered this in an interview. Chilwell came back from holiday a few weeks ago and needed time to get up to speed. Alonso on the other hand, started training during the euros and put in solid performances for 5 games.

Alonso was sharper and match fit. Simple as. Scored a goal in the season opener and was good against Arsenal. You just don't take a player on form off to play another one into form at least not against a strong team like Liverpool. 

If Tuchel gets the sack, it won't be because of the Chilwell-Alonso dilemma

12 hours ago, hephzibah said:

Absolutely agree.

Chilwell is by far our best player. Even better than prime Hazard, imagine selecting slow footed Alonso over him. Alonso may have played well in these last 3/4 games but you can't drop prime Hazard. 

1 hour ago, Bob stark said:

Absolutely agree.

Chilwell is by far our best player. Even better than prime Hazard, imagine selecting slow footed Alonso over him. Alonso may have played well in these last 3/4 games but you can't drop prime Hazard. 

I disagree. You lost me when u said chilwell is better than prime hazard, besides I like the fact that Tuchel picks players based on form and not reputation. What better way to show players that the work they do in training can get them into the first team .. 

I know Alonso is a terrible left back but as a wingback he is top 5 in the world

2 hours ago, Bob stark said:

Absolutely agree.

Chilwell is by far our best player. Even better than prime Hazard….

Did you start supporting Chelsea in 2020 :biggrin: You like Chilwell, as do the majority, but let’s try and keep some clarity here without it getting silly.

11 hours ago, Deino said:

I like Ben too but Tuchel already answered this in an interview. Chilwell came back from holiday a few weeks ago and needed time to get up to speed. Alonso on the other hand, started training during the euros and put in solid performances for 5 games.

Alonso was sharper and match fit. Simple as. Scored a goal in the season opener and was good against Arsenal. You just don't take a player on form off to play another one into form at least not against a strong team like Liverpool. 

I said it may lead to his sack because, if he refuses to play Chillwell and he keeps using Alonso and opponents exploits his wing to win us, then I feel the board should sack him.

12 hours ago, Deino said:

What Tuchel did to us in this Liverpool match is to make us lose Reece James for the next three matches now. Now if you know what this Reece James' loss can do to the team.

Now that may be because he played Alonso instead of Chillwell.

19 hours ago, hephzibah said:

What Tuchel did to us in this Liverpool match is to make us lose Reece James for the next three matches now. Now if you know what this Reece James' loss can do to the team.

Tuchel personally made us lose James?  It was a goalmouth scramble, and trying to pin this on Alonso seems a bit of a stretch and pure conjecture.  

20 hours ago, hephzibah said:

It's one match suspension.

Chelsea have been charged by the FA for “failing to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion” during their Premier League match against Liverpool on Saturday.

The first charge relates to Chelsea players’ reaction to Liverpool being awarded a penalty at the end of the first half. Referee Anthony Taylor adjudged Reece James to have committed a handball on the goal line and the defender was sent off as well as hosts Liverpool being handed a penalty. Chelsea players surrounded Taylor after the decision, which was made following consultation with VAR.

Several members of the squad also surrounded Taylor when the half came to an end.

The FA released a statement on Wednesday, which read: “Chelsea FC has been charged with two breaches of FA Rule E20.1 following their Premier League fixture against Liverpool FC on Saturday [28/08/21].

“It is alleged that Chelsea FC failed to ensure its players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion during the 48th minute of the first half and following the half-time whistle.

“Chelsea FC has until Friday [03/09/21] to provide a response to this charge.”

Edited by mojo

5 minutes ago, Mod Stark said:

If it had been another ref, there would be no charge. Taylor went to the FA crying to stir it up.

Imagine of he treated Liverpool the way he treats us, their Ultras would have gutted him like a fish and left his entrails hanging over the gates of Anfield, and been cheered by the media for doing so.

“Chelsea FC has until Friday [03/09/21] to provide a response to this charge.”

Show them a clip of Salah yelling at Taylor, kicking the ball away ....and Anthony doing nothing about it and simply state "we were following the precedent set by the match day official of what comprised acceptable behaviour".  Let the FA then explain to us why our players behaving like that is a charge, but not the other team.

Im not saying the charge is invalid, Im just pointing out they pick and choose when they want to enforce it......and to me, that brings the game into disrepute. 

Go down the FA fighting, bang the desk and tell them we'll pay the fine, just don't give us that muppet again, he's an embarrassment to the sport, he can't even be bothered to watch the TV properly, had to make a drama out of it with his quick about-turn and red card wave, he should get an equity card, he showed our players no respect with that performance, so he shouldn't expect any respect back.