Liverpool v Chelsea (PL) Sat 28th Aug 2021 17:30 GMT

coco

On the rights or wrongs of Taylor’s carve-up, before the powers that be/wannabe stuck their collective little fingers where they were neither wanted nor needed, if memory serves me well, the handball rule was quite straightforward:

Hand to ball - handball
Ball to hand - no handball

In other words, deliberate or non-deliberate. Anything else, is in my ever so ‘umble, unnecessarily complex/f**king around with the rules for the sake of it.

If the rules do indeed state, or can be interpreted to mean that a patently accidental handball is worthy of a red card and/or penalty, then it’s a sh*te rule.

41 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Hopefully not. Hopefully it was just really poor judgement of the situations, which is bad enough in itself as you have to make the right calls constantly if you want to win the title.

Hopefully the coach will try Ziyech instead of Mount sometimes. 

The handball rules are ok, it's just incompetent refs like Taylor who can't read the game, everyone was shocked by the red card, even Liverpool fans were taken aback, it didn't feel like he purposely handled it even in real time, it certainly wasn't worth 'triple jeopardy' of penalty-red card- and 1 match suspension.

45 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Hopefully not. Hopefully it was just really poor judgement of the situations, which is bad enough in itself as you have to make the right calls constantly if you want to win the title.

Hopefully the coach will try Ziyech instead of Mount sometimes. 

33 minutes ago, hephzibah said:

But the most important thing is that Alonso should not have disturbed his goalkeeper in the build up to that Liverpool equaliser. You allow your goalkeeper to keep the ball in that instance and we would not have gotten to this Reece James red card. Now, I think we will lose Reece James for three matches now. Now can you imagine playing three matches without Reece James.

This is why we said Tuchel should have played Chillwell instead of Alonso. If we want to win the league, I feel our attitude in this type of matches is very important. If you had the chance of getting three points, and you are celebrating one point. Then how can you win the premier league. Can we win the premier league by playing draw in this kind of match? What makes us think that we won't drop points against small teams? Liverpool may not drop points against small teams and then end up winning the premier league.

Come on! What you expects him to do? Do nothing and risks that Mendy won't get up from his stumble, risk that the Liverpool player behind him nicks it? 

It was just bad luck and everything happened in a split second. He defended well against those PACEY liverpool forwards and everybody said Alonso would get destroyed. 

Most of the time he was the only attacking outlet besides Lukaku and nearly gave him an assist. He wrestled with two Liverpool players for the lead up to the Kovacic chance for example. 

I see this often with unpopular players like Alonso, Jorghino etc. they make a small mistake and it is the same generic complaint repeated over and over again. 

From the FA changes to the law of the game book. 

Law 12 – Fouls and Misconduct

• Handball:
    • Not every contact of the ball with the hand/arm is an offence
    • A player’s hand/arm position should be judged in relation to their body movement in that 
      particular situation

I don’t think Taylor is taking into account the fact that the ball comes off his thigh. If these changes had not taken place, it would be right to get the penalty and send off, but the change means that the ref has to take into account the whole position of the player. He’s not making himself bigger artificially, the ball comes off his thigh, and he has his arms very close to his body. It’s obvious that had Taylor not been a c**t, he would have had some doubts. Being Taylor the c**t he is, with his anti Chelsea agenda as we’ve seen time and time again, there’s no doubt that he went unwillingly to review the var call and he’d made his decision pretty much based on his bias.

3 hours ago, hephzibah said:

I'm suprised that many of us are referring to that red card. If it had been given to our opponent, are we going to be here saying it is wrong? Excuse me, when you handle the ball on the goalline in football, and maybe you prevent a goal, are we not aware that it is a red card? 

Although maybe a lot of young supporters are also in this forum. But it has always been a rule that if you handle the ball on the goal line, and maybe prevent a goal, it is red card.

In the build up of their goal, I feel Alonso should have left the ball for Mendy. He needs to be aware of the pitch, and what is going on at a moment. If your goalkeeper was beside you in the box, and the situation was getting rowdy, you leave the ball for your goalkeeper to keep.

I think this match has made me understand Tuchel a little bit more, I think he's a defensive coach, and maybe that doesn't allow him to know much about offense. Constantly I've been studying our attack, I feel we are poor in attack. Even in that first half, I feel we had many chances to score the second goal but we didn't. We need to work on our game going forward. 

Also I felt the coach should have used physical players yesterday. Chillwell should have played instead of Alonso, if I was the coach, I would have used Ziyech instead of Mount, also, I would have used Kante and Kovacic, instead of Jorginho and Kante. And that is because Liverpool are a physical team and we should have used all the physical players that we had.

Thankfully Tuchel is coach (the same Tuchel who has already won us the CL) and not you!!

You say you want physical players and would play Ziyech over Mount, yet Ziyech is probably the most lightweight player in the whole squad. He can be a game turner but at Anfield you don't want too many passengers and Mount gives you a lot more. If we hadn't gone down to 10 men, Ziyech probably would have been introduced second half, but alas, circumstances put paid to that.

Really happy with the performance and to come away with a point, as at half time I thought we were f**ked. Brilliant team spirit and management after some questionable refereeing by that w**ker Taylor. If it had staid 11 v 11 and we kept Havertz on and were able to make attacking changes second half, I am certain we would have left with all 3 points.

Ah look at Arsenal, Watford and Wolves role over and get their bellies tickled by our rivals. As much as things change the PL stays the same, same favorites, same biased refs, same biased media reporting. 

4 hours ago, Nevamind said:

Come on! What you expects him to do? Do nothing and risks that Mendy won't get up from his stumble, risk that the Liverpool player behind him nicks it? 

It was just bad luck and everything happened in a split second. He defended well against those PACEY liverpool forwards and everybody said Alonso would get destroyed. 

Most of the time he was the only attacking outlet besides Lukaku and nearly gave him an assist. He wrestled with two Liverpool players for the lead up to the Kovacic chance for example. 

I see this often with unpopular players like Alonso, Jorghino etc. they make a small mistake and it is the same generic complaint repeated over and over again. 

No it's not a generic complain. Who sees danger and still goes headlong? Now, I think you mentioned that Alonso was playing against PACEY Liverpool forwards, now, when Tuchel knew that he will be playing against PACEY Liverpool forwards, why didn't he use Chillwell instead of him?

What Chillwell would have done for us is that we may have gone 2 or 3 goals up before Liverpool got that equaliser, or Liverpool may not have gotten that equaliser. 

Thesame thing with Jorginho. As a coach, when I knew that Jorginho is not very strong, and I knew that we were playing against a strong team, I won't play Jorginho, I will play Kovacic and Kante, and we will fight the battle. It is a battle, we would have fought it.

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

Ah look at Arsenal, Watford and Wolves role over and get their bellies tickled by our rivals. As much as things change the PL stays the same, same favorites, same biased refs, same biased media reporting. 

Harsh on Wolves - they were well unlucky not to get at least a point today.

And as for Arsenal - they roll over for EVERYONE these days!

Just now, Nibs said:

Unlucky is the excuse I used for Sheff United last season. Truth is, like against Spurs, they had chances but were garbage in the final third.

2 hours ago, Nibs said:

Thankfully Tuchel is coach (the same Tuchel who has already won us the CL) and not you!!

You say you want physical players and would play Ziyech over Mount, yet Ziyech is probably the most lightweight player in the whole squad. He can be a game turner but at Anfield you don't want too many passengers and Mount gives you a lot more. If we hadn't gone down to 10 men, Ziyech probably would have been introduced second half, but alas, circumstances put paid to that.

Really happy with the performance and to come away with a point, as at half time I thought we were f**ked. Brilliant team spirit and management after some questionable refereeing by that w**ker Taylor. If it had staid 11 v 11 and we kept Havertz on and were able to make attacking changes second half, I am certain we would have left with all 3 points.

You don't need to quarrel with me. I have said we should have played Chillwell instead of Alonso. And if u are the coach, and you wanted to play against Liverpool, I feel you should pick Chillwell over Alonso.

Then I talked about Jorginho, and it's clear too.

About Mount. What I'm just saying is if you get a striker like Lukaku and you do not put intelligent players around him who can give him passes, then how is he going to score? We need more creative players around the striker. If I were the coach, I will play Ziyech over Mount.

3 hours ago, axman2526 said:

I’m obviously biased like all of us on here. But I’m 100% sure we don’t get gifted a result like Utd did by the ref today. It’s actually scandalous 

1 hour ago, Goodolstlboy1979 said:

Handball- Did any of you watch as James hand is swiping forward after the ball struck his arm?

Heroes- You paid 300 million plus pounds the last two years just to come to Anfield and play low block Jose football? You know who also does that trash, Burnley, West Brom, Stoke.... you know small clubs. Not European Champions after spending 300 million plus pounds... lol

Some of you couldn't be transparent and unbiased if your life depended on it. 

You sad sad little scummer. Have to come on to Chelsea forum to say your little piece.

Point 1. The important thing is ( you say it yourself, after the ball struck his arm) that no movement was made towards the ball to make the contact and after that contact no other contact was made with the ball. The swipe was a reaction but didn’t cause contact.

Point 2. You mention our spending. Maybe you’d like to say about our net spend over this past 3 years. We are about even if not slightly plus so I think maybe we can afford to spend a little more especially with the CL windfall.

Maybe you should be more concerned about your clubs spending or lack of it. For being such big earners with winning your first EPL in 30 years and then the CL you must have money to burn or is it just bulging the pockets of your American investors. This plus being one of the first clubs to apply for furlough, while Chelsea made the their hotel available to key workers for free and provided 14000 meals per week for the more vulnerable in the community. Your club is an embarrassment.

Now climb back into the hole you crawled out of you pointless little f**k.

5 hours ago, hephzibah said:

What Chillwell would have done for us is that we may have gone 2 or 3 goals up before Liverpool got that equaliser, or Liverpool may not have gotten that equaliser. 

Because Chilwell will pick up the ball from Rudiger and beat everyone and score? 

I am trying to find the correlation here. 

9 hours ago, Nibs said:

There was also a foul in the build up worthy of red some may some.. but instead Utd gets a goal.. I really dont think decisions even up.. it’s already got gifted two points this season .. with the penalties they and Liverpool get .. they are almost 5-10 points above rivals every season.

12 hours ago, hephzibah said:

No it's not a generic complain. Who sees danger and still goes headlong? Now, I think you mentioned that Alonso was playing against PACEY Liverpool forwards, now, when Tuchel knew that he will be playing against PACEY Liverpool forwards, why didn't he use Chillwell instead of him?

Thesame thing with Jorginho. As a coach, when I knew that Jorginho is not very strong, and I knew that we were playing against a strong team, I won't play Jorginho, I will play Kovacic and Kante, and we will fight the battle. It is a battle, we would have fought it.

Is everything ok? Clearly you just want to wind people up or really believe in what you wrote. 

Why didn't he use Chilwell instead? Because he was not f***ing needed. 

Dont get me wrong he is a good but this has nothing to do with him. Tuchel thinks Alonso helps the team more so be it.