Jump to content

Liverpool v Chelsea (PL) Sat 28th Aug 2021 17:30 GMT


coco
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • coco changed the title to Liverpool v Chelsea (PL) Sat 28th Aug 2021 17:30 GMT

This will be tough. Both teams have improved from last time. 
I don’t see them on the training  ground but I won’t be surprised if Chiller is  back in the team. Could go even more defensive pushing azpi out to the right and playing Silva, Zouma or chalobah. That said need the offensive threat as well

Edited by ozboy
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, turnyitb said:

Agree completely, could even see us switching to 3-5-2 with Mason and Kia benched. 

So playing Kanté+Jorgi+Kova? Bit of a CM overkill maybe, after all we need someone to feed our forwards. I'm totally for bringing Werner though, love the idea of unleshing Werner-Lukaku on their high line. Other tough calls:

- Alonso vs Chilwell: Chilwell seems like the more suitable choice for their fullbacks but I wouldn't rule Alonso out, he's so full of confidence and not setting a foot wrong at the moment. Also worried that Chilly might not be the type of player who immediately picks up where he left after not playing for a bit.

- Jorgi vs Kova: If we're playing without Kai, Kova could offer a bit more progressive energy. Probably wouldn't be wise to lose the stability Jorginho brings, and Kanté can do it all anyway.

- Christensen vs Silva: This could be a tough call many times this season. Especially in a game like Liverpool I'd love to see Silva's commanding presence. Christensen however has been amazing so far in every aspect of his game, he's also a bit quicker and more mobile, probably deserves to start again.

 

-----------Werner--Lukaku-----------

----------------Mount----------------

Chilwell----Jorginho--Kanté-----James

----Rüdiger--Christensen---Azpi------

----------------Mendy----------------

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From what I saw of Liverpool the other day, I wasn't overly impressed. Burnley had their chances. The difference is with us is teams need to be clinical against our defence because we don't give up many chances to score, and also we are dangerous going forward now. I feel more confident than ever going into a liverpool game than I have in previous seasons with them under Klopp. It will be interesting to see Lukaku vs VVD. 

Edited by enigma
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Luiz4Chelsea said:

So playing Kanté+Jorgi+Kova? Bit of a CM overkill maybe, after all we need someone to feed our forwards. I'm totally for bringing Werner though, love the idea of unleshing Werner-Lukaku on their high line. Other tough calls:

- Alonso vs Chilwell: Chilwell seems like the more suitable choice for their fullbacks but I wouldn't rule Alonso out, he's so full of confidence and not setting a foot wrong at the moment. Also worried that Chilly might not be the type of player who immediately picks up where he left after not playing for a bit.

- Jorgi vs Kova: If we're playing without Kai, Kova could offer a bit more progressive energy. Probably wouldn't be wise to lose the stability Jorginho brings, and Kanté can do it all anyway.

- Christensen vs Silva: This could be a tough call many times this season. Especially in a game like Liverpool I'd love to see Silva's commanding presence. Christensen however has been amazing so far in every aspect of his game, he's also a bit quicker and more mobile, probably deserves to start again.

 

-----------Werner--Lukaku-----------

----------------Mount----------------

Chilwell----Jorginho--Kanté-----James

----Rüdiger--Christensen---Azpi------

----------------Mendy----------------

I said we could see, personally I’d play Mason jorge Kante across the middle but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Kova in for a compact three.

anyway remind me who fed our forward Sunday for the first goal ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 minutes ago, turnyitb said:

I said we could see, personally I’d play Mason jorge Kante across the middle but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Kova in for a compact three.

anyway remind me who fed our forward Sunday for the first goal ? 

Reece James

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Both sides will be desperate not to lose this game, as both can claim some moral victory in doing so.

For them they did not let the European Champions beat them, us not being overcome by the Anfield roar.

Am expecting a 0-0 or maybe 1-1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Luiz4Chelsea said:

Reece James

Lol yes he got the assist.  But I think you’ll find it was kova’s through ball that supplied the striker.

I can see Kante linking up very well from right mid with lukaku 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, turnyitb said:

Lol yes he got the assist.  But I think you’ll find it was kova’s through ball that supplied the striker.

I can see Kante linking up very well from right mid with lukaku 

I know what you mean and I love all three of Jorgi-Kante-Kova, actually find they're being a bit too fundamentally criticised sometimes for not putting out attacker's kind of numbers (so it makes me all the happier to see the kinds of passes from Kovacic you mentioned). However playing Kova-Jorgi-Kante behind Werner-Lukaku would have even me worried of an extreme disconnect, with that setup our only option is to send the two strikers long or deep crosses from the wing backs. I also don't see the need to set up even more defensively than last time we went there and won 1:0, we've got quite a well balanced team and don't need to hide from them at all, particularly their central midfield. I think Mount will be absolutely key for transition if we play Lukaku-Werner, but maybe you'd like to see Kovacic over Jorgi which I could understand

Link to comment
Share on other sites


I really don't feel as optimistic as a few of the posts above. I hate this fixture so much. Their attack is dangerous. 

But...they're an emotional side.

Mess with the minds of the front 3 and we could win this! Rudiger needs to make salah his b1tch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CFCCAN said:

I'll be happy taking a point......

For me if realistically we want to win the title we need to win this game and the one at home to City. The points are important but the physiological hit we could deliver beating Liverpool in front of their fans followed by beating City again could really put some doubts in their players heads.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher have basically put little credit on Lukaku and all the blame on poor Arsenal defending.

On top of that Carragher has basically said VVD will eat Lukaku alive on Saturday. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher have basically put little credit on Lukaku and all the blame on poor Arsenal defending.

On top of that Carragher has basically said VVD will eat Lukaku alive on Saturday. 

100% objective and just fairly getting paid to talk on tv... I love it how they can say whatever prediction they want and even if they're wrong 90% of the time it doesn't matter at all.

joke GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Barry Bridges said:

Good.  I prefer this test asap, and not latter on.  Let us see how our side can go against other top tier clubs, and not just the likes of happy to be mid-table London clubs like Crystal Palace and Arsenal.

I agree. If we win then that's a massive step towards our title chances and if we lose, we know where we are well before the run-in.

Billing the fixture as a battle between VVD and Lukaku potentially works in our favour. Lukaku doesn't need to better van Djik as much as occupy him; van Djik is Liverpool's best hope of containing Werner/Mount/Havertz, whereas Lukaku is far from Chelsea's only attacking threat. Containing Alexander-Arnold is going to be a much more important task, and while i'd expect Chilwell to start for that reason, Alonso's attacking and set-piece threat is also effective at pinning Alexander-Arnold back. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ziyech start this one, as his ability to dribble away from the press and launch accurate long-balls, especially against an inexperienced fullback such as Tskimas, would be really handy.

Edited by SydneyChelsea
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!