Ousmane Dembele

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

51 minutes ago, dkw said:

Oh so naive.

Typical Chelsea isn't it. 

Oh, our players are a bit sh*t? Let's absolve them of all blame and pin it on the manager shall we.

As a matter of fact we should sack him. Let's sack the Champions League winner and then hope whoever comes in next can teach Hudson Odoi, Ziyech, Mount and the others to dribble, shoot and pass. Sure sounds like a fullproof plan that, i'm sure it will work wonders!

2 hours ago, dkw said:

Just what we need, another light weight attacker, I`m sure he`ll love playing passes backwards constantly.

He is the perfect Chelsea signing!

A coach specific player that will come on on huge wages, has attitude issues and will end up useless and in the background once TT is sacked. Lmao.

8 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Would depend on the fee that Barca are asking for but if he's available for say £30m and the wage demands aren't too high you could definately see the club taking a punt on him, especailly if Tuchel wants him. 

Given how poor our attacking players have been this season I really don't think you coud rule it out. 

Tuchel wanted Lukaku also.

I know he is always injured but he is clearly talented. And he is still young so there is a chance he might not keep getting reinjured. I draw parallels to Robben's time with us. Excellent player but was so frustrating with his injuries. Then goes to Bayern and tears it up in the Bundesliga. At a cut price and with a coach who knows him well, I will take a shot at him. I feel it is a less risky transfer than Lukaku at 100M and 320K wages 😞 for 5 years.

Edited by RomansRoubles

Take from Skysports.com

Tuchel: Dembele a 'very good player'... but I don't know his situation

Tuchel also described Ousmane Dembele as a "very good player" and says he has kept in contact with the Barcelona winger.

Dembele, who Barcelona are looking to sell this month with his contract up in the summer, starred under Tuchel at Dortmund during their one season together, and he has been mooted with a move to the Premier League.

"He's a very good player when he is in his top level," said Tuchel on Friday. "I am very fortunate to have trained him in my time in Dortmund. 

"It was only one year, it should have been longer but I needed to leave and he decided to leave! 

"From there we are not in the closest contact, we met here and there because of his duties for the French national team, and of course I was in Paris which was more or less where he was preparing with the national team. So this is where we met, or exchanged some messages."

But Tuchel also stressed that he wasn't sure of Dembele's "situation" and wouldn't go as far to expressing an interest in signing him.

"He is in a situation, and I have absolutely no idea why he is in a situation," said Tuchel. "I have no idea what the situation in detail is. 

"I know how I feel about it when it is my players so it's better not to talk."

Also from skysports.com

"If he does want to play, then Barcelona are letting it be known that they will either accept a permanent transfer fee for him or they're even willing to do a loan deal to get his wages off the books. 

"Any clubs interested in signing him would have to pay a loan fee of around £3m, and have to pick up his £250,000-a-week wages. That brings in a lot of clubs across Europe, looking at a World Cup winner who's still only 24 who cost Barcelona €135m only four years ago, and wondering whether to take a chance on him.

"Chelsea have spent a lot of money in forward positions, but I think there could be some movement on this in the next few days."

4 hours ago, RomansRoubles said:

I know he is always injured but he is clearly talented. And he is still young so there is a chance he might not keep getting reinjured. I draw parallels to Robben's time with us. Excellent player but was so frustrating with his injuries. Then goes to Bayern and tears it up in the Bundesliga. At a cut price and with a coach who knows him well, I will take a shot at him. I feel it is a less risky transfer than Lukaku at 100M and 320K wages 😞 for 5 years.

Injuries aren’t his only problem though, he is lazy, a bad trainer, doesn’t adhere to an athlete’s diet and he is always late to training. 

8 minutes ago, ducavis said:

Injuries aren’t his only problem though, he is lazy, a bad trainer, doesn’t adhere to an athlete’s diet and he is always late to training. 

The more I hear the more he sounds perfect for our front line lol.

So 3mill loan fee, plus 250k a week for say 18 weeks is 4.5mill, total 7.5mill for a 5 month loan lol. Would make Saul's look a bargin.

59 minutes ago, ducavis said:

Was he under Tuchel at Dortmund though? He only has good things to say about him from what I have read. Not sure what the situation was at Barca.

Edited by RomansRoubles

2 hours ago, ducavis said:

To be fair, if Tuchel says he wants him I don’t know how much of this is true given he managed him for a season, he’s have to be a nutcase if he’s seen this first hand and still wants him.

1 hour ago, RomansRoubles said:

Was he under Tuchel at Dortmund though? He only has good things to say about him from what I have read. Not sure what the situation was at Barca.

Not a knock on you nor dismissing your point, but I'd rather we stay away from those kind of players who are only professional under certain conditions, be it either manager, city, club or whatsoever.

Either you take your job professionally and care about your habits, diet, discipline, club and teammates or not. Otherwise we end up with another "I can only be at top form under Conte" kind of player and when we eventually replace TT, we're stuck with an unprofessional Dembele for another 3 years. 

But who knows... hoping TT knows best about him than we do from some sh*t stirring media reports. 

2 minutes ago, timetowaste said:

To be fair, if Tuchel says he wants him I don’t know how much of this is true given he managed him for a season, he’s have to be a nutcase if he’s seen this first hand and still wants him.

Funny and true.

Rumours doing the rounds that someone at Barca has approached both TT and Marina to try and get this deal going.

TT position appears to be he would like him here is possible.

The club would ideally prefer to be in a contract situation as they are with Saul where we can keep him beyond the summer of he impresses bit we don't have to if he does not.

That is complicated by the fact his Barca deal ends in the summer so he could in theory join any club on loan, say us, and 2 weeks later sign a pre contract with Newcastle to join them in the summer.

Club are concerned about committing to 7.5mill only to see him impress then go elsewhere, and likewise committing to sign him and give him a contract only for him to be awful or injured and be the latest Bakayoko.

11 minutes ago, Brigadeiro Mk II said:

Not a knock on you nor dismissing your point, but I'd rather we stay away from those kind of players who are only professional under certain conditions, be it either manager, city, club or whatsoever.

Either you take your job professionally and care about your habits, diet, discipline, club and teammates or not. Otherwise we end up with another "I can only be at top form under Conte" kind of player and when we eventually replace TT, we're stuck with an unprofessional Dembele for another 3 years. 

But who knows... hoping TT knows best about him than we do from some sh*t stirring media reports. 

Fair point.