Chelsea v Palace (FA Semi) Sun 17th Apr 2021 16:30 GMT

coco

Confident about this. Our squad will be angry about the Madrid result and I'm pretty sure they want to get the FA cup now. Any news about Timo? Would be great if we could keep the same setup - with Jorgi in for Kanté eventually.

20 minutes ago, weetee said:

Confident about this. Our squad will be angry about the Madrid result and I'm pretty sure they want to get the FA cup now. Any news about Timo? Would be great if we could keep the same setup - with Jorgi in for Kanté eventually.

I wouldn't agree with your last part. Assuming all are fit and not showing fatigue after the 120 minutes on Tuesday I'd start the same team bar bringing Azpilicueta back. I'd only bring on Jorginho if we had a comfortable lead or Palace were down to ten men and had everyone behind the ball.

8 minutes ago, Snedger said:

Weird game this because we’ll almost certainly beat Palace, but with the reward of losing the final to whichever side we face. Hard to get excited really.

Can only hope the league title race + Champions league run both Liverpool + City will endure will either have them fatigued/not focused on the FA Cup. 

1 hour ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Can only hope the league title race + Champions league run both Liverpool + City will endure will either have them fatigued/not focused on the FA Cup. 

Was that our excuse for losing to a vastly inferior Leicester side?

1 hour ago, Snedger said:

Weird game this because we’ll almost certainly beat Palace, but with the reward of losing the final to whichever side we face. Hard to get excited really.

There’s been nothing to split between ourselves and Liverpool in 3 games this season. City have had the better of us this year but it wouldn’t be much of an upset for us to beat them either. 

43 minutes ago, Dubair said:

There’s been nothing to split between ourselves and Liverpool in 3 games this season. City have had the better of us this year but it wouldn’t be much of an upset for us to beat them either. 

The reason City had the better of us in both games is because we started lukaku and we know he is a lazy striker off the ball who will rather point than press defenders. 

9 hours ago, Valerie said:

I think I'm going for a 3-2 win here.

So 3 tubs of ice cream in?

1 hour ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

Pulisic to score 2

Could be, is Palace.  Palace to CP is almost like Arsenal to Drogba.

40 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Not seen any team news attributed to TT presser today. Just comments about Real, squad mentality, Palace high energy and the loss of Gallagher to them.

Rom back in training, CHO and Chilwell out, everyone else at this time fit and available.

Could we see TT go with a back 4?

Kepa

James

Silva

Rudiger

Alonso

Kante

Kovacic

Werner

Mount

Pulisic 

Havertz  

?

5 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

You think Christensen is done now after Real 1st leg? I imagine Tuchel thinking Christensen has already mentally checked out so may as well not play him again.

I think it will be known to TT and the squad AC has a pre-contract with Barca. So I would expect him to be a back up now the CL is gone.

4 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

No I’ve gone for the classic Wembley Towers instead. 

That surgery to your ears must have been painful, but I'm sure @Boyne will join me in expressing admiration in going for the age old method of letting a barber double as a 'medical' practitioner ::clap2::

So now riding on this game we either have:

1. We indirectly help Liverpool towards the quadruple by losing to Palace who then go on to lose the FA Cup to them.

Or

2. We directly help Liverpool towards the quadruple by beating Palace and then going on to lose the FA Cup to them.

Prodigal Son GIF by FOX TV

Good day for us, we have lost twice to city and none to Liverpool, and should/could of won all 3 games we played against them with a bit of luck. And with Arse and spuds losing we look solid in the table. We can concentrate on two games this season, first one tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, coco said:

Good day for us, we have lost twice to city and none to Liverpool, and should/could of won all 3 games we played against them with a bit of luck. And with Arse and spuds losing we look solid in the table. We can concentrate on two games this season, first one tomorrow. 

Too many counting Palace as just there to make up the numbers. We lost the final to a poor Leicester with TT as manager let's not forget.

However for the sake of argument IF we do beat Palace then we were due good display against City whereas we have been the better team against Pool 3 times, draw 3 times with a shoot out defeat in the last one and the refs firmly on pools side each time, making a completely biased call each game.

Now they can make history do we expect the refs to to be unbiased? Nope

If we play great we lose on pens, if we play less than great we lose in regular time.

15 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

So now riding on this game we either have:

1. We indirectly help Liverpool towards the quadruple by losing to Palace who then go on to lose the FA Cup to them.

Or

2. We directly help Liverpool towards the quadruple by beating Palace and then going on to lose the FA Cup to them.

Prodigal Son GIF by FOX TV

Wrong, in any case the ref will help Liverpool win the FA Cup, so who plays the final against the rat munchers is irrelevant. So you don't need 1) and 2) there.