Chelsea v Palace (FA Semi) Sun 17th Apr 2021 16:30 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

3 minutes ago, RMH said:

Wrong, in any case the ref will help Liverpool win the FA Cup, so who plays the final against the rat munchers is irrelevant. So you don't need 1) and 2) there.

Sure we do, point 1 means we on the outside wandering if we could have pulled off something special.

Point 2 means we are guests to their party and get it rubbed in our faces. 

I agree with you on the ref.

2 hours ago, Valerie said:

That surgery to your ears must have been painful, but I'm sure @Boyne will join me in expressing admiration in going for the age old method of letting a barber double as a 'medical' practitioner ::clap2::

Can't beat the old medical practices! @Munkworth did the barber have a sideline in making pies? When I was a kid my Dad cut my hair. Fair to say he didn't do a very good job. I got a lot of stick at school and a barber had to sort out the mess.

image.jpeg.76d610f99e5b281c369c09c4642a86a8.jpeg

38 minutes ago, Boyne said:

Can't beat the old medical practices! @Munkworth did the barber have a sideline in making pies? When I was a kid my Dad cut my hair. Fair to say he didn't do a very good job. I got a lot of stick at school and a barber had to sort out the mess.

image.jpeg.76d610f99e5b281c369c09c4642a86a8.jpeg

They’re Turkish so it’d be a kebab instead of a pie nowadays…

As much as I feel it is in vein TT really has to prioritize this game, and the final if we make it there.

Arsenal and Spurs are making a mess of their top 4 bid. We have a 5 point lead on Spurs with 2 games in hand and 8 on Arsenal with one in hand. We have a lot of room for error to keep 3rd.

We need the FA Cup, badly, to offer something with everything that has happened with the club.

TT and the players have to deliver it, more so for themselves, the club and the fans, than anything to do with Liverpool.

A gentle jog to 3rd place and nothing else is frankly a garbage end to a season that promised a lot and would have delivered very little.

3 hours ago, axman2526 said:

As much as I feel it is in vein TT really has to prioritize this game, and the final if we make it there.

Arsenal and Spurs are making a mess of their top 4 bid. We have a 5 point lead on Spurs with 2 games in hand and 8 on Arsenal with one in hand. We have a lot of room for error to keep 3rd.

We need the FA Cup, badly, to offer something with everything that has happened with the club.

TT and the players have to deliver it, more so for themselves, the club and the fans, than anything to do with Liverpool.

A gentle jog to 3rd place and nothing else is frankly a garbage end to a season that promised a lot and would have delivered very little.

Unlike the Champs League there shouldn't be too many distractions from the league campaign with the FA Cup. If we win tomorrow we don't have to think about the final for a while, so we can focus on securing 3rd in the meantime. If we lose tomorrow TT will need to make sure the players bounce back quickly to ensure they finish the season well.  It has been several seasons (2015-16 I think) since we have failed to be in the trophy hunt through to the end of the season, so it would feel a little unusual if our season fizzled out like that. 

22 minutes ago, forbzy said:

Unlike the Champs League there shouldn't be too many distractions from the league campaign with the FA Cup. If we win tomorrow we don't have to think about the final for a while, so we can focus on securing 3rd in the meantime. If we lose tomorrow TT will need to make sure the players bounce back quickly to ensure they finish the season well.  It has been several seasons (2015-16 I think) since we have failed to be in the trophy hunt through to the end of the season, so it would feel a little unusual if our season fizzled out like that. 

Certainly would. As nice a winning the club world cup was is not enough for the level we try to be at.

A fizzled out title challlange, whatever the reason, a limp home display getting us knocked out of the CL, league cup final loss, the big waste of money up front proving us right etc, Not enough progress to say "oh well least we made 3rd instead of 4th"

We need the FA Cup to make the season a success, otherwise is a step or two back imo. Not taking in to consideration whatever happens with the club sale.

15 hours ago, axman2526 said:

So now riding on this game we either have:

1. We indirectly help Liverpool towards the quadruple by losing to Palace who then go on to lose the FA Cup to them.

Or

2. We directly help Liverpool towards the quadruple by beating Palace and then going on to lose the FA Cup to them.

Prodigal Son GIF by FOX TV

Excellent deployment of your pessimism, I'm proud of you @axman2526 :JC_doubleup:

A pint of lemon ice cream is in the fridge, my magic match winning training pants are freshly laundered. I too do my bit.