Christopher Nkunku to Chelsea

1 hour ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Let's not just buy him based on output. Does he press? Does he have good technical ability? Is he consistent? Can he fit in our current set up?

Also, how good is he physically? Because from what I have seen from players that coming from there of late, they just haven't been able to cope with the physicality of the Premier League.

Werner, Havertz, Pulisic, Sancho, they all struggle with it.

16 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Also, how good is he physically? Because from what I have seen from players that coming from there of late, they just haven't been able to cope with the physicality of the Premier League.

Werner, Havertz, Pulisic, Sancho, they all struggle with it.

Exactly. 

He looks very good on the ball and it also appears he'd slot at either LF or RF role. This is his only productive season however and it remains to be seen if he can adapt to the pace of the Premier League the way Diaz at Liverpool did. 

39 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

What about Raheem Sterling? City are looking to get rid of him and let’s be honest he’s probably better than whatever we have.

Could be a smart deal? I imagine he wouldn’t be too expensive, especially if he’s linked to Arsenal and spurs. He already said he’s not interested in joining them.

No thanks.

5 hours ago, timetowaste said:

I personally don’t see anything going wrong with signing a Leipzig attacker that scores goals for fun in the Bundesliga

Agreed. Let´s sign one every year, if it means we win the Champions League the next season. 🤣

3 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

What about Raheem Sterling? City are looking to get rid of him and let’s be honest he’s probably better than whatever we have.

Could be a smart deal? I imagine he wouldn’t be too expensive, especially if he’s linked to Arsenal and spurs. He already said he’s not interested in joining them.

Have you heard of this old saying: No.

100% no to Sterling. Frustrating enough watching him for England.

Nkunku i would take all day. Easy to compare him to Werner and all the Bundesliga tax etc.  

However, Nkunku has some key attributes that Werner doesnt have in his locker. 

1. Technical ability. Nkunku is a fantastic touch, and can play in tight areas. 

2. Dribbling ability. Like Werner Nkunku is fast, but he also has the skill to back it up. 

3. Versatility. Nkunku's game is more rounded, he can be influencial on the counter, but his ability on the ball means he can also be a weapon creating chances, drawing fouls, against low blocks. 

4. Adaptability. Nkunku has already moved away from his home country once, and manage to settle into a new environment and league pretty quickly. 

There are a couple of stumbling blocks though still for me.

1st is the price tag, we cant be spending massively in that front line unless we sell 1 or 2. 

2nd is his goal scoring record. This links into the 1st point, because whilst Nkunku is a great player, and even before this break out season, he impressed me along with a few others from Leipzig, like Mukiele, Angelino, Konate, Upamecano, Sabitzer, etc, If we are going to spend massive amounts on another attacker, it needs to one that scores regularly, and so far in Nkunku's career, this season is a massive outlier. His highest tally was 7, this year he is on 34! Is this a freak season in terms of goalscoring? If it is, then we just spent £70m odd on a player that doesnt really fix the main issue for me.

So good player, less risky than Werner to succeed here, but question marks over the price tag for me.

23 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Apart from being a major b*ll*nd Sterling is a complet mannequin if the ball is anything other than a yard away from him. Only token tackles if it is nearer than a yard. No thanks

Edited by WhiteWall

• 4 weeks later...

24 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

There was a fair amount of excitement around signing Werner from them after him having a great season too.

I personally hope he doesn't move this summer, another season there without him signing a new deal would be ideal imo. His current deal runs out in 2024 so he would be available much cheaper than this summer.

After Werner I'd rather see us be a bit more cautious on a player who overperforms in the Bundesliga. We signed him off the back of his best personal season without waiting to see if he could replicate that form. 

No reason not to let him have another season and see if it was a fluke or if his performance levels are really at this as a base level.

That being said I have no problem with him joining this window if we're moving on a couple of our attackers that have flattered to decieve. I would hope though we've done our homework and made sure he's actually compatible with TT's style of play and the Chelsea squad.

8 minutes ago, LongtimerLurker said:

I personally hope he doesn't move this summer, another season there without him signing a new deal would be ideal imo. His current deal runs out in 2024 so he would be available much cheaper than this summer.

After Werner I'd rather see us be a bit more cautious on a player who overperforms in the Bundesliga. We signed him off the back of his best personal season without waiting to see if he could replicate that form. 

No reason not to let him have another season and see if it was a fluke or if his performance levels are really at this as a base level.

That being said I have no problem with him joining this window if we're moving on a couple of our attackers that have flattered to decieve. I would hope though we've done our homework and made sure he's actually compatible with TT's style of play and the Chelsea squad.

At the risk of pulling a Tchouameni with Nkunku, I'd get him now. 

27 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

There was a fair amount of excitement around signing Werner from them after him having a great season too.

Our fan scouting is now Bundesliga forward equals useless, Midfielder from the french league yes please Essien was amazing, old striker that's Shevchenko all over again.  I'm still waiting for a player with the same name as his Dad, I have a feeling he'll be a star.