Christopher Nkunku to Chelsea

Gol15
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

51 minutes ago, DarkMata said:

Our fan scouting is now Bundesliga forward equals useless, Midfielder from the french league yes please Essien was amazing, old striker that's Shevchenko all over again.  I'm still waiting for a player with the same name as his Dad, I have a feeling he'll be a star.  

Just a word of caution in building hopes around a single good season.

Although I agree that we should be cautious, a lot of people seem to be happy if we signed Dembele. He also came from the Bundesliga and hasn't grown a single bit at Barcelona. His shooting ability is terrible, he has a terrible injury record and is very lightweight, which means there is a high chance of his injury record being worse in the Premier League.

The excitement about Dembele seems to be based on his dribbling and assists. Well Nkunku is an excellent dribbler too, better than Dembele from what I have seen because he is using his upper body strength to shield himself from defenders. Dembele's type of dribbling is a bit similar to Pulisic's, it's easier to defend against in the Premier League because Premier League players are a lot rougher with you. People say Nkunku could be having a one off good season, but maybe the same can be said about Dembele's assists numbers too. We also have terrible finishers in our squad, so even if it isn't a one off, who will finish these chances? There are also going to be times where he will be required to score goals himself, which we know he can't do because his finishing is terrible. I would rather have Nkunku over Dembele.

Edited by Scott Harris

2 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Although I agree that we should be cautious, a lot of people seem to be happy if we signed Dembele. He also came from the Bundesliga and hasn't grown a single bit at Barcelona. His shooting ability is terrible, he has a terrible injury record and is very lightweight, which means there is a high chance of his injury record being worse in the Premier League.

The excitement about Dembele seems to be based on his dribbling and assists. Well Nkunku is an excellent dribbler too, better than Dembele from what I have seen because he is using his upper body strength to shield himself from defenders. Dembele's type of dribbling is a bit similar to Pulisic's, it's easier to defend against in the Premier League because Premier League players are a lot rougher with you. People say Nkunku could be having a one off good season, but maybe the same can be said about Dembele's assists numbers too. We also have terrible finishers in our squad, so even if it isn't a one off, who will finish these chances? There are also going to be times where he will be required to score goals himself, which we know he can't do because his finishing is terrible. I would rather have Nkunku over Dembele.

I think people are excited about the prospect of a new signing. Myself included. But truth of the matter is, it doesn't matter. Doesn't matter if its Nkunku, Dembele, Gnabry, Mane, Sterling, Ronaldo, Messi, etc. 

Tuchel's system isn't designed for attackers to thrive. We are trying to mix progressive football with a conservative set up. It's come to a point where the wingbacks need to be 100% for the system to work effectively. 

6 hours ago, Sconnie Blue said:

I think people are excited about the prospect of a new signing. Myself included. But truth of the matter is, it doesn't matter. Doesn't matter if its Nkunku, Dembele, Gnabry, Mane, Sterling, Ronaldo, Messi, etc. 

Tuchel's system isn't designed for attackers to thrive. We are trying to mix progressive football with a conservative set up. It's come to a point where the wingbacks need to be 100% for the system to work effectively. 

This is a fair point, although until Chiller and CHO were injured the team was scoring well last season and we have a lot of ball in attacking areas so I can't help but think that the right attackers would have done something more. 

6 hours ago, ozboy said:

This is a fair point, although until Chiller and CHO were injured the team was scoring well last season and we have a lot of ball in attacking areas so I can't help but think that the right attackers would have done something more. 

Sconnie makes indeed a very good point. 

Altough I don't think it is only the system. 

I'm sure if we would have the right support from the wing that this will help the strikers a lot more to thrive. 

Agreeing and adding to your point with Chillwell and CHO.  I really think if we should get an upgrade (mainly on the LF/LW and RF/RW) to what we have atm. That it would boost our offence drastically.  
I'm just not too convinced in Pulisic, Werner, Hakim, Haverts, Mount in those roles.

They are better on other positions (or some of them simply not good enough). CHO probably best option for that role, but it hasn't been his season.   

If Nkunku signs an extension and then Nunez goes to Liverpool...does that mean that Lukaku stays?  Is Broja ready to lead the line?  I'm not really impressed with Havertz as a 9...I prefer him playing in behind the striker.

Edited by Greys33

• 3 months later...
10 hours ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Sounds like we are signing him next summer. Big fan of him, brilliant on both flanks and a deadly finisher. Only issue is he has only had 1 good season- a brilliant one, and he is from Leipzig. Helps that he can take on players, and a good passer of the ball.

1 hour ago, ducavis said:

Sounds like we are signing him next summer. Big fan of him, brilliant on both flanks and a deadly finisher. Only issue is he has only had 1 good season- a brilliant one, and he is from Leipzig. Helps that he can take on players, and a good passer of the ball.

Well it's 1 good season more than the last player we signed for 60m from the Bundesliga.

We'll see how he does this season, he's started it very much in the same vein so very promising news.

17 minutes ago, HazardousChoice said:

Well it's 1 good season more than the last player we signed for 60m from the Bundesliga.

We'll see how he does this season, he's started it very much in the same vein so very promising news.

Lol.. Havertz had 2 solid seasons. Think we failed him as the managers he has played under don’t know what to do with him. I reckon he is Bayern bound next season to replace Muller

9 minutes ago, ducavis said:

Lol.. Havertz had 2 solid seasons. Think we failed him as the managers he has played under don’t know what to do with him. I reckon he is Bayern bound next season to replace Muller

Havertz wasn't 60m. I'm not talking about Havertz.

As for Kai He's played in numerous positions under multiple managers the fact he's not managed to really excel in any of them is something he's got to take a lot of responsibility for.

If Bayern are prepared to offer most of the 72m we paid for him I don't think too many would be unhappy to see him go.

8 hours ago, HazardousChoice said:

As for Kai He's played in numerous positions under multiple managers the fact he's not managed to really excel in any of them is something he's got to take a lot of responsibility for.

If Bayern are prepared to offer most of the 72m we paid for him I don't think too many would be unhappy to see him go.

Can’t even bring yourself to type his name anymore.

8 hours ago, HazardousChoice said:

We would need a new player though.

Kai feels like a part of the furniture now, like a tree in our garden that goes unnoticed but still would be sad to lose him. Mr.Potter make Kai + Broja a thing!

22 hours ago, HazardousChoice said:

I would. Has so much potential.

I've heard we've made a proposal to Nkunku which he likes and has accepted. All that remains is finding a deal with Leipzig. €60m buy out clause, he wants to play in the prem it's very much all there to do be done. I suppose CFC want to get something in writing and binding to confirm we have him before a potential bidding war or larger list of suitors come the summer. 

If the reports are to be believed very good business by Todd, Raheem plus Nkunku is everything we need. Exciting fast dynamic players.

21 minutes ago, LongtimerLurker said:

I've heard we've made a proposal to Nkunku which he likes and has accepted. All that remains is finding a deal with Leipzig. €60m buy out clause, he wants to play in the prem it's very much all there to do be done. I suppose CFC want to get something in writing and binding to confirm we have him before a potential bidding war or larger list of suitors come the summer. 

If the reports are to be believed very good business by Todd, Raheem plus Nkunku is everything we need. Exciting fast dynamic players.

Sounding like when Liverpool secured Keita from them a year before he arrived. RB like to do business with their teams like this. We tried to do a deal for the CB too but that did not come off.

Think we sold Werner to sweeten the deal too, out of all those attackers we could and should sell, he's the last we should have let go. Where was the usual service of the Werner goal when we played Southhampton? He's a better player than Werner, so if he's injury free and keep up his form towards next season, we are signing a very good player.