Christopher Nkunku to Chelsea

Gol15
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

On 24/10/2022 at 16:13, Luca Vialli said:

Can we get Gvardiol too please!

Either him or Hakimi, I'm not greedy [wink]

Prefer Gvardiol because I can see him covering at LB/LWB. To be honest I'd play him at LB/LWB and use him as cover for CB but I've never found any support for that point of view.

On 12/10/2022 at 13:53, Sconnie Blue said:

#Chelsea and RB Leipzig should sign an agreement for the transfer of Christopher Nkunku before the World Cup, with the striker set to agree a five-year contract. Josko Gvardiol is expected to follow him to Stamford Bridge.

(@BILD_Sport)

On 14/10/2022 at 11:47, fester said:

If it's happening I don't think any pre-contract agreement will be announced before the January transfer window.

On 24/10/2022 at 14:38, Sconnie Blue said:

Chelsea are close to reach an agreement with RB Leipzig for Christopher Nkunku. The player is expected to join the Blues in January for a deal worth €75m + bonuses.

@JacobSteinberg 

12 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Class player, can't wait to get him on board.

15 hours ago, PhilH930 said:

Would be a great signing - something special about him.  

I believe that the deal has already been done.

On 26/10/2022 at 17:34, OhForAGreavsie said:

Prefer Gvardiol because I can see him covering at LB/LWB. To be honest I'd play him at LB/LWB and use him as cover for CB but I've never found any support for that point of view.

Don’t we already have enough LB/LWBs? 

2 hours ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Judging by where he plays (and how he plays) I can't see how Mount and he can play together. 

Not unless we force Mount at RW again. 

We had that problem when Havertz came, it was hard to play with both Mount and Havertz centrally, but instead of that Potter might want Nkunku further up the pitch, cutting inside like an inside forward is easier than playing centrally as there is not so much space there unless it's a false 9 which Nkunku isn't going to play.

Broja       Nkunku
                   Mount
      Kovacic              (new CM)
                 (new DM)
Chilwell Fofana Chalobah James
               Mendy/Kepa

52 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

We had that problem when Havertz came, it was hard to play with both Mount and Havertz centrally, but instead of that Potter might want Nkunku further up the pitch, cutting inside like an inside forward is easier than playing centrally as there is not so much space there unless it's a false 9 which Nkunku isn't going to play.

Broja       Nkunku
                   Mount
      Kovacic              (new CM)
                 (new DM)
Chilwell Fofana Chalobah James
               Mendy/Kepa

Think we would just find Nkunku and Mount running into each other. Not enough attacking presence as well. 

Only way I could see it work if its a 4231 with Mount at RF and Nkunku at CAM, or a 41212 narrow with Mount at CM and Nkunku at CAM. 

9 hours ago, ducavis said:

Don’t we already have enough LB/LWBs? 

Not in my opinion, no.

I recognise of course that some see it differently, but my opinion is that Ben's injury, coinciding as it did with a purple patch in his own form and a downturn in the team's, have allowed people to forget the frustration with his overall output. I argued all along that we needed to go to the market for an upgrade to Ben, not a backup to him. We went to the market, but we didn't get an upgrade. Now our left back situation has fallen into an Oscar/Willian dilemma. Our managers see the shortcomings of the one who is in the team so bench him and play the other one. Soon enough they are reminded of the shortcomings of the one they just promoted and go back to trying the other one again.

I agree with the majority opinion that we have higher priorities than our LB/LWB options but, to become the team we want to be, we will have to deal with them.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

Christopher  #Nkunku has yet to sign the contract offered by #CFC. It has been on the table for 2 weeks already but Nkunku and his agent are concerned that Todd #Boehly Chelsea, under the guidance of Graham #Potter, are not the good fit for his career they thought it would be.

Via @JM7

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

Christopher  #Nkunku has yet to sign the contract offered by #CFC. It has been on the table for 2 weeks already but Nkunku and his agent are concerned that Todd #Boehly Chelsea, under the guidance of Graham #Potter, are not the good fit for his career they thought it would be.

Via @JM7

25 years old. 

I’d be more excited for a slightly younger ‘even if more raw player’, as Nkunku will be about 28 by the time this team is any better and the window opens for us to actually compete for a title. There is just so much dross and dead weight to get rid of and an entire new spine needs to be built ideally. And that’s IF.. he hits the ground running, otherwise he’ll be gone before that rebuild has even started. 

37 minutes ago, Term_X said:

25 years old. 

I’d be more excited for a slightly younger ‘even if more raw player’, as Nkunku will be about 28 by the time this team is any better and the window opens for us to actually compete for a title. There is just so much dross and dead weight to get rid of and an entire new spine needs to be built ideally. And that’s IF.. he hits the ground running, otherwise he’ll be gone before that rebuild has even started. 

Nail on the head mate. Yes our forward line is garbage and needs to be sorted but the most important thing is building a new spine for this side.

A very good, ideally excellent, Keeper who is superb on the ball, at least 2 CBS who are leaders, dependable defenders and quality on the ball, 3 CMs that being balance between them of defensive and offensive attributes, and again are leaders and have strong ball playing skills, and lastly a CF who can hold the ball up, link play, score and work his behind off.

Nkunku is like a Sterling signing, icing when you dont have a cake in the first place. 

Not saying he is going to be a poor signing as I have multiple times about Sterling, but without a spine in place the team will just keep collapsing.

18 hours ago, Term_X said:

25 years old. 

So he'll be in his prime, it all might just lined up well. Klopp's Liverpool first worked on getting a good attack and then later fixed their defense.

22 hours ago, Term_X said:

25 years old. 

Salah was 25 when he signed for Liverpool.

46 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Was Fabinho before or after Salah? 

After.