Lewandowski

Been reported for the last few days that if Barca can't come to an agreement with Bayern we could swoop in. As it stands Bayern don't really want to sell but he's not signing a new contract and he has 12 months left on his current one. 

1 hour ago, Argo said:

Now this is a player I will happily see the system tweaked for.

Hmm, he would need 2 Willian level workhorses alongside him and they would need the skill and vision of a Duffer or Robben to go with it.

Well we’ve tried young strikers, that hasn’t worked, we’ve tried strikers in their prime, that hasn’t worked so why not get an experienced striker. After the success of Thiago Silva I’m surprised people would turn their nose up, in 2022 these world class players aren’t massively declining once they hit 30 like they used to, they take care of themselves and can keep going until their late 30s.

15 minutes ago, timetowaste said:

Well we’ve tried young strikers, that hasn’t worked, we’ve tried strikers in their prime, that hasn’t worked so why not get an experienced striker. After the success of Thiago Silva I’m surprised people would turn their nose up, in 2022 these world class players aren’t massively declining once they hit 30 like they used to, they take care of themselves and can keep going until their late 30s.

You can use that, referencing Tammy and Rom.

You can go further back too and say how a young Drogba and a in prime Costa did the business but an old Sheva did not. 

Some times it pays off, sometimes it does not.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Huge wages, old striker used to an inferior league. What could go wrong?

His goal record is incredible, 238 in 253 in the Bundesliga, even in the Prem it would transfer to 20+ a season easily. 69 in 78 in the Champions League for Bayern as well which shows he can do it against elite competition. Not to mention he should really be on 2 Ballon D'ors by now.

If he's under 50m it would be an absolute steal 

Edited by Drogba1

8 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Hmm, he would need 2 Willian level workhorses alongside him and they would need the skill and vision of a Duffer or Robben to go with it.

I was jesting a bit in fairness, I don't actually think the systematic compromise would be that bad.

He's played in the high pressing all energy Hansi Flick side, he'll be fine.

Ok. Given the choice of a 33 year old Lewandowski or 29 year old Lukaku for the next two or three years, who would you go for?

Apart from everything else, younger strikers in the squad could learn a lot from Lewandoski. I dread to think what they’d learn from Lukaku…

1 hour ago, Upsetter said:

Ok. Given the choice of a 33 year old Lewandowski or 29 year old Lukaku for the next two or three years, who would you go for?

Apart from everything else, younger strikers in the squad could learn a lot from Lewandoski. I dread to think what they’d learn from Lukaku…

7bcbc0c494a26d7cef5e3c337aea5ade.png

19 hours ago, LongtimerLurker said:

Been reported for the last few days that if Barca can't come to an agreement with Bayern we could swoop in. As it stands Bayern don't really want to sell but he's not signing a new contract and he has 12 months left on his current one. 

I'm worried about that Gunners trophy.