Denis Zakaria is a Chelsea man! *Official*

big blue

Pure speculation on my part: 

We sign Zakaria on loan with an option to buy, if we don’t exercise the option to buy then we will go back in for Rice who at that point will only have a year left on his contract. If that’s the case and Zakaria is just to be a stop gap defensive midfielder then I don’t think it’s the worst bit of business. 

As I say pure speculation from me though. 

1 hour ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

Has anyone seen him play before?

yes.

https://bulinews.com/news/187/top-5-fastest-bundesliga-players

Here are the Bundesliga players who ran the fastest:

1. Ihlas Bebou (Hannover 96), 35,25 km/h
2. Denis Zakaria (Borussia Mönchengladbach), 35,07 km/h
2. Marcel Heller (FC Augsburg), 35,07 km/h
4. Timo Werner (RB Leipzig), 35,02 km/h

Zakaria was before his ACL injury one of the fastest midfielders if not the fastest of all.

He could easily match the speed of Timo Werner. During a game against Leipzig Werner started with the ball a counter attack and the only player who was near him was Zakaria. Everyone expected Werner to score easily the goal but Zakaria comfortably outpaced him and won the sprint duel.

Just now, TheGermanOne said:

yes.

Zakaria was before his ACL injury one of the fastest midfielders if not the fastest of all.

He could easily match the speed of Timo Werner. During a game against Leipzig Werner started with the ball a counter attack and the only player who was near him was Zakaria. Everyone expected Werner to score easily the goal but Zakaria comfortably outpaced him and won the sprint duel.

Yes he was quite highly rated a few years ago but seems to have struggled to find consistent form since his injury.

Just now, TheGermanOne said:

yes.

How is now since the injury German/French one?

22 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Wait what? Why would we pay Barca a fee to sign him on just a one year deal? If he does well he can then leave on a free next summer.

I mean a one year deal used to be for over 30s we would be concerned may just not have it for more. What does it say about him if he gets just a 1 year deal?

Probably a one year deal with the option of a second

2 minutes ago, BordeauxBlue said:

My Juve supporting mate is not bothered about him going. 

Hardly fills me with joy... 

They are not playing him, bit like the 2 lads they let go to Spurs or Arthur to Liverpool, he probably was not bothered about any of them either.

Besides if any of these were great for Juve would have they let any of them go on loan with no buy obligations?

Why we never went for Tielemans is still baffling he is just an uprade to our midfield that we be sorely lacked. A DLP who can play as a DM, B2B a creator, purveyor of good long passes to Vardy and can score goals too. All for 25m.... Honestly, I am short of words about this debacle Todd and Tuchel has created in my team.

Just now, d-one said:

Why we never went for Tielemans is still baffling he is just an uprade to our midfield that we be sorely lacked. A DLP who can play as a DM, B2B a creator, purveyor of good long passes to Vardy and can score goals too. All for 25m.... Honestly, I am short of words about this debacle Todd and Tuchel has created in my team.

Perfect cover for while Kante and Kova spend their respective 6 months in the treatment rooms.

1 hour ago, Munkworth said:

Soon he’ll be Our Saul. 

Apparently his hips don’t lie and his breasts aren’t small and humble but more mountainous. 

More like Save Our Souls :rolleyes:

Let's just cling on to the hope that the underwhelming signings turn out to be the shrewdest acquisitions.

18 minutes ago, TheGermanOne said:

yes.

Ooooh, somebody who runs a lot :yay:!

10 minutes ago, BordeauxBlue said:

My Juve supporting mate is not bothered about him going. 

Hardly fills me with joy... 

I follow Juve and i have being impressed with him, he is similar style to Matuidi, plenty of energy and will get stuck in, not afraid of a tackle. We wanted pace, directness and energy in the midfield, Zakaria will offer that. 

3 minutes ago, d-one said:

I know, we've only spent £200m+ on

- one of the best young CBs in the world

- one of the best current CBs in Europe

- a top LB

- one of the highest goalscorers in the prem over the past 10 years

- 2 of the best midfielders under 20 years old in Europe

But yeah what a debacle, us Chelsea are so hard done by.

1 minute ago, timetowaste said:

I know, we've only spent £200m+ on

- one of the best young CBs in the world

- one of the best current CBs in Europe

- a top LB

- one of the highest goalscorers in the prem over the past 10 years

- 2 of the best midfielders under 20 years old in Europe

But yeah what a debacle, us Chelsea are so hard done by.

steel panther no GIF