Jump to content

Brighton v Chelsea (PL) Sat 29th Oct 2022 15:00 GMT


coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Recommended Posts





After Kais goal against Salzburg I reckon he keeps his place and Potter restores Mount in place or Aubameyang.

Predicted Potter side:

 

Kepa

 

Chalobah 

Silva

Koulibaly/Cucurella

 

Dave

Jorginho 

Kovacic

Chilwell

 

Mount

Havertz

Sterling

Link to comment
Share on other sites



6 hours ago, axman2526 said:

After Kais goal against Salzburg I reckon he keeps his place and Potter restores Mount in place or Aubameyang.

Predicted Potter side:

 

Kepa

 

Chalobah 

Silva

Koulibaly/Cucurella

 

Dave

Jorginho 

Kovacic

Chilwell

 

Mount

Havertz

Sterling

I dont see a win with this line up. Don't let the result tonight fool you. Mount and Kai starting together is awful. A back 3 is awful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, axman2526 said:

This is going to be a really Flippin boring game ain't it?

@Valerieif you say for me to predict a draw I am going 0-0.

@axman2526 As we know our Chelsea, it will probably be a slog just after we think things are coming together. Brighton will be up for this, we might even lose this 1-0.

Link to comment
Share on other sites



Time to give Mendy a start, mainly to give Kepa a break, but also keep Mendy on his toes ready in case, we know on his day he's a bloody good keeper, just an awful football player.

Trevoh must stay he's becoming a solid defender.

Silva must rest, after that fall and all his heroics in midweek.

Most importantly bench Sterling and/or Auba, neither are in form for one reason or another, Potter should not be picking them at the moment, we have other options showing decent form that need to play, namely Broja, Pulisic, Gallagher, Chuck.

Not bothering to pick a team because what i want to see up front and what Potter is putting on the pitch don't tally.

Link to comment
Share on other sites



12 hours ago, coco said:

Time to give Mendy a start, mainly to give Kepa a break, but also keep Mendy on his toes ready in case, we know on his day he's a bloody good keeper, just an awful football player.

Trevoh must stay he's becoming a solid defender.

Silva must rest, after that fall and all his heroics in midweek.

Most importantly bench Sterling and/or Auba, neither are in form for one reason or another, Potter should not be picking them at the moment, we have other options showing decent form that need to play, namely Broja, Pulisic, Gallagher, Chuck.

Not bothering to pick a team because what i want to see up front and what Potter is putting on the pitch don't tally.

I would start Sterling in his favoured LW position. Let's face it, last few weeks we have not necessarily played him where he flourishes best. Even against United, we were on the back foot for a lot of the game. I think he deserves a chance where he can play at LW and we are on front foot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It MUST be a back 4 and Kovacic must start. So I think it may be something like this;

                                                                  Kepa

Dave                            Chalobah                           Silva                                         Chilly

                 RLC                                        Kovacic                           Jorginho

                                      Pulisic                                            Mount

                                                                Auba/Havertz

Link to comment
Share on other sites



Brighton will be well up for this, some Brighton mates I know are comparing this to them playing Palace this season because of Potter, not only team but fans need to be up for this, our away support has been pretty quiet at Brighton last few seasons, so needs to step up including me, on a side note it’s the first time we’ve had a league game at Brighton with a Saturday 3pm KO since the infamous 1983 game

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, chi blue said:

Brighton will be well up for this, some Brighton mates I know are comparing this to them playing Palace this season because of Potter, not only team but fans need to be up for this, our away support has been pretty quiet at Brighton last few seasons, so needs to step up including me, on a side note it’s the first time we’ve had a league game at Brighton with a Saturday 3pm KO since the infamous 1983 game

 

BLACK DAY AT THE GOLDSTONE GROUND: BRIGHTON V CHELSEA 1983

https://thegoldstonewrap.com/2013/09/03/black-day-at-the-goldstone-ground-brighton-v-chelsea-1983/

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites




9 hours ago, coco said:

I was there and there was more than 8,000!
we had just missed out on relegation. They were not expecting the numbers that turned up. The special from Victoria I was on, when we arrived there were two turnstiles open!  The game was all ticket, the police opened an exit gate and everyone flooded in. If you look at various pictures you can see the whole end, side paddock plus seats were all Chelsea. Reports of 12-15000 are more accurate.

Edited by Richard P
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Richard P said:

I was there and there was more than 8,000!
we had just missed out on relegation. They were not expecting the numbers that turned up. The special from Victoria I was on, when we arrived there were two turnstiles open!  The game was all ticket, the police opened an exit gate and everyone flooded in. If you look at various pictures you can see the whole end, side paddock plus seats were all Chelsea. Reports of 12-15000 are more accurate.

I don't doubt it, i started going to games about this time when i was 16yo, nearly always away games as i don't live near London, it seemed like we had as many fans as the home team, i used to catch the train to the town/city where we were playing, and just wait at the station for the specials to roll in and tag along at the back in the choir.

Link to comment
Share on other sites



Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...
Please Sign In or Sign Up

Well, this is awkward!

Happy Sunny Days GIF by Atlassian

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to show these to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum running. Over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off and whitelisting the website? Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interference with your experience on The Shed End.

If you don't want to view any adverts while logged in and using your account, consider using the Ad-Free Subscription which is renewable every year. To buy a subscription, log in to your account and click the link under the Newbies forum on the home page.

Cheers now!

Sure, let me in!