Victor Osimhen

Gol15
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

We're rumored to be interested in him, though I don't believe that Napoli would let him go and specially not in January as they're pushing for the title once again.

https://readchelsea.com/2022/10/28/chelsea-armando-broja-osimhen-transfer-talk/

Broja is fine either way, but would Aubameyang be happy if we sign another striker?

https://www.transfermarkt.com/victor-osimhen/profil/spieler/401923
23 years old, last season 18 goals in 32 appearances, this season 4 goals in 7 Serie A matches so far.

Stylistically he is very similar to Broja although obviously a better goalscorer at present.

Putting aside the normal concerns about Serie A one thing that really, really impresses me about Osimhen is his ability to score from "lost causes".

The threat he poses mean Napoli are never quite out of it when the opposition has the ball in their half. He runs down scrappy long balls and clearances and turns them into genuine chances.

Many of the best EPL forwards in recent years have had this trait - Mane, Aguero, Suarez, Costa all the way back to Drogba and Henry. Yes they are remembered for much more remarkable goals but they had a fair few of these each season too.

it’s not only his finishing and his strength but the way his determination, drive and persistence turn seemingly innocuous situations into chances for his team. Today he did it again, went after a lost cause to battle his way to the ball and gave an assist 

look

This is what makes him so good and what makes him stand out from other good young strikers 

1 hour ago, azpi28 said:

it’s not only his finishing and his strength but the way his determination, drive and persistence turn seemingly innocuous situations into chances for his team. Today he did it again, went after a lost cause to battle his way to the ball and gave an assist 

look

This is what makes him so good and what makes him stand out from other good young strikers 

The assist on this was better than his actual goal but I feel Broja has shown he has this in the locker. 

2 hours ago, Term_X said:

The assist on this was better than his actual goal but I feel Broja has shown he has this in the locker. 

I don’t remember which match but Broja did basically the same sort of thing when he came on in one of potters first PL games, only the lay off wasn’t accurate enough or it wasn’t finished off. 

• 2 months later...

Chelsea transfer news - Victor Osimhen

As per a report in 90min, Chelsea have highlighted Osimhen as their number one summer transfer target.

Regardless, the Chelsea hierarchy have already started to put in place plans for the upcoming summer window, with Osimhen earmarked as a potential purchase.

The report in 90min reads that Graham Potter and the Chelsea coaching staff aren’t convinced with Kai Havertz’s ability to lead the line, with Osimhen highlighted as the perfect alternative.

Said price is/was circa £89m... likely to change to £189m when Napoli examine Chelsea's previous deals.

10 minutes ago, Bebe1980 said:

As per a report in 90min, Chelsea have highlighted Osimhen as their number one summer transfer target.

Regardless, the Chelsea hierarchy have already started to put in place plans for the upcoming summer window, with Osimhen earmarked as a potential purchase.

The report in 90min reads that Graham Potter and the Chelsea coaching staff aren’t convinced with Kai Havertz’s ability to lead the line, with Osimhen highlighted as the perfect alternative.

Said price is/was circa £89m... likely to change to £189m when Napoli examine Chelsea's previous deals.

Hard to believe when Potter keeps playing Havertz as the main forward.

Uniteds prospective owners are said to be targeting Osimhen and Rice as two key signings. Money won't be an obstacle 

On 13/02/2023 at 08:18, Bebe1980 said:

Complete bs. If Potter didn't like Havertz at 9, he'd have played Fofana more. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 09/03/2023 at 14:18, Sconnie Blue said:

Have a feeling we will seriously be in for him in the summer. Which worries me as I do not know if we are putting the club more at risk on a financial standpoint. 

Yea with Lukaku on the books and no UCL (bar a miracle) it would feel insane to sign him.

As great as Osimhen is, the conditions for him to perform there are absolutely perfect, even a whiff of risk or doubt should rule us out. Especially when you compare him to guys like Kane & Haaland, who you’d bet the house on being effective anywhere regardless of quality around them, managers or systems.

On 09/03/2023 at 14:18, Sconnie Blue said:

Have a feeling we will seriously be in for him in the summer. Which worries me as I do not know if we are putting the club more at risk on a financial standpoint. 

Hopefully there's a clear out