So it's Pochettino *Officially Chelsea Manager*

loz
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

1 hour ago, Jezz said:

Pochettino deserves scrutiny, but we need to look closely at our sporting directors who signed a lot of these players.

I’m starting to think the problems lies there more than anywhere else at the club. If we have incompetent people in this department, most coaches will struggle here.

If the players are not good enough then don't pick them to play. Simple. 

2 hours ago, loz said:

70% that could challenge for titles! Really? 

I think that's massively optimistic. 

Palmer, yes

James, if ever properly fit, yes

Gusto, possibly 

I'm already running out

If our entire squad was listed tomorrow you think City would be seriously sniffing around any as serious first team contenders?

Not sure of 70% but a lot of this team were highly sought after.

cucurella - Pep wanted him

Chalobah - munich wanted him

enzo - loads wanted him

caicedo - liverpool wanted him

Palmer - pep didn't want him to leVe

sterling - premier league winner under pep 

Mudryk - arsenal wanted him 

Connor - not a superstar, but fairly sure many would take him as a utility player .

James - Madrid wanted him

so it's not as if these are all donkeys, and whilst  there are some that I don't think are good enough (goalkeepers, disasi, baddy, madueke, jackson all spring to mind) - there are some decent players in here , as we have seen them perform elsewhere. 

but the lack of Organisation, defensive structure, offensive patterns, the slow lazy nature of our play and the lack of leadership both on and off the field is killing us.

He’s got to go, The amount of goals we’ve conceded is a joke clearly can’t organise a team properly people were calling for Potters head for less, bring in Emery, proper manager that actually improves teams.

31 minutes ago, nonotnowjim said:

Not sure of 70% but a lot of this team were highly sought after.

cucurella - Pep wanted him

Chalobah - munich wanted him

enzo - loads wanted him

caicedo - liverpool wanted him

Palmer - pep didn't want him to leVe

sterling - premier league winner under pep 

Mudryk - arsenal wanted him 

Connor - not a superstar, but fairly sure many would take him as a utility player .

James - Madrid wanted him

so it's not as if these are all donkeys, and whilst  there are some that I don't think are good enough (goalkeepers, disasi, baddy, madueke, jackson all spring to mind) - there are some decent players in here , as we have seen them perform elsewhere. 

but the lack of Organisation, defensive structure, offensive patterns, the slow lazy nature of our play and the lack of leadership both on and off the field is killing us.

Everyone you listed there can be salvaged at a club with a decent structure and manager.

Except Mudryk, who is terrible.

No passion no philosophy no presence no plan no pattern of play no past track record .. we should sack him.. whoever things we will end up 6th with him incharge is clearly not a Chelsea fan.

3 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Seriously, how hard can it be to instil a couple of passing patterns into the team?

We never see any sort of pattern in matches, what on earth do they do in training?

He’s been here since summer and I can’t see what he’s done, I really can’t.

Just do one passing pattern every day for a couple of weeks until it becomes brain memory. What an incredibly sh*t manager, get rid. 

😂😂😂 

No offense, but the movement pattern and the passing patter is clear to see. 

53 minutes ago, dan_cfc said:

He’s got to go, The amount of goals we’ve conceded is a joke clearly can’t organise a team properly people were calling for Potters head for less, bring in Emery, proper manager that actually improves teams.

He has recently extended his contract till 2027 so no chance of that happening. There are still very good managers out there outside the usual suspects.

I still don’t understand resting a solid defensive pair for the Monaco pair and sticking an inexperienced CB at RB. I don’t buy the tiredness excuse and going by Belle Silva’s tweet after the match it all seems off. 

Poch also has this tendency to use Palmer’s absence as an excuse for certain loses. He keeps saying he doesn’t have any other player that can knit the midfield with the forward players but wouldn’t start Chukwuemeka in the 10 role.

That result last night was always coming, especially once we all saw the line up Poch had selected. After that utter embarrassment, the coach would normally be under serious threat but with our financial issues, I seriously doubt we can afford to pay him off, so calls of "he must go", might be valid but I can't see it happening. We're stuck with him and the "project"!

2 hours ago, ducavis said:

He has recently extended his contract till 2027 so no chance of that happening. There are still very good managers out there outside the usual suspects.

I still don’t understand resting a solid defensive pair for the Monaco pair and sticking an inexperienced CB at RB. I don’t buy the tiredness excuse and going by Belle Silva’s tweet after the match it all seems off. 

Poch also has this tendency to use Palmer’s absence as an excuse for certain loses. He keeps saying he doesn’t have any other player that can knit the midfield with the forward players but wouldn’t start Chukwuemeka in the 10 role.

Chalobah was injured for 8 months. Silva is 38.

3 hours ago, dan_cfc said:

Why would Emery take a step down though?

1 hour ago, Nibs said:

That result last night was always coming, especially once we all saw the line up Poch had selected. After that utter embarrassment, the coach would normally be under serious threat but with our financial issues, I seriously doubt we can afford to pay him off, so calls of "he must go", might be valid but I can't see it happening. We're stuck with him and the "project"!

Poch is the safest manager in the PL, he knows he can’t be sacked!!

32 minutes ago, evissy said:

Didn't have the chance to watch the game but:

We competed in the game where we needed to: City.

We collapsed in the game we didn't really need to win: Arsenal.

Behave for f**ks sake, what utter nonsense is this.

1 hour ago, evissy said:

Didn't have the chance to watch the game but:

We competed in the game where we needed to: City.

We collapsed in the game we didn't really need to win: Arsenal.

This is humour right?

We didn't need to win a game against one of our fiercest rivals? We didn't need to win a game that would have given us a glimmer of hope of European football? We didn't need to win a game to cast off the deflation of the Cup loss and galvansise a stuttering but unbeaten run in the league? C'mon.

Think about the players point of view and the circumstances. Just think about that and not solely your own feelings.

I am not talking about my feelings either. Of course I want us to win.

Edited by evissy

5 minutes ago, evissy said:

Think about the players point of view and the circumstances. Just think about that and not solely your own feelings.

if you truly believe that, then it is the clearest sign yet that the players don't deserve to be here....

3 minutes ago, nonotnowjim said:

if you truly believe that, then it is the clearest sign yet that the players don't deserve to be here....

We have talked about this about 1000 times after we failed to win a game for the past 20 years. When push comes to shove the players inner motivation/belief inside a game and before it comes to light. An experienced side probably could have fought a draw here as we did in the past but when this young side loses hope inside a game it could end up like this. 

10 guys missing due to injuries and more importantly 2 or our best in Gusto and Palmer after a very disappointing exit from the final just days ago is a circumstance that you can't just brush off. 

We have lost countless of games after midweek Champions League game because players are deflated after that. More mentally than physically. They were excited to play in Champions League and then it became 'a normal tuesday' just after that. A bit like yesterday.

Arsenal are also in the hunt and are super focused to win the Premier League. They see no obstacles and certainly not this young and depleted Chelsea side. Everton would have been a much bigger obstacle for them.

We have nothing to fight for. Players ser trophies in their eyes. Not conference league games. 

I would love it if it was not like this but it is and we can't really blame the players either. They are human.

Pretty much expected us to lose last night but 5-0 against a rival is unacceptable. 

Completely humiliates the club.

I understand all of the injuries etc. but I've never seen a defence so unorganised. What other managers are even available?

Where is this sh*t that we didn't have to win/compete at Arsenal coming from? Has anyone saying that ever heard of derby rivalries? Have they heard of trying to compete in every single game? Have they ever gone to a high rivalry football match? Do they care about how embarrassing is for the supporters after being battered by a bitter rival? I think not. 

Next Friday it will be that we did not need to win against Spurs... FFS!