So it's Pochettino *Officially Chelsea Manager*

loz
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

22 hours ago, AndyDowsleftflank said:

1: Remove Enzo muchå earlier. He was being overrun and clearly isnt fit. Move Gallagher down with Caicedo to get real legs in that midfield. Attackingly we had Mudryk, Sterling and Cairney available so there were some options available should Gallagher be moved further back

2: Dont put Disasi against Doku. Its a tricky situation of course, but we needed someone with some agility out there. Either move Chalobah out there, put Gilchrist on or move Cucu to the right and Chilwell on at the left. This is all with hindsight, though. At the time I wasn’t against Disasi coming on as a physical presence in both boxes, but I didn’t think he would put him on as a right back in that situation

I’m not blaming him for yesterday despite of that, like I said I thought he set us up well, Gallagher on the left worked a treat and we should have won it. Cant expect that much more against City in a semi final, but in general throughout the season his changes have come too late and are very ineffective - as they were yesterday

First of all, I like your suggestion , they are doable. So many suggestions are more in the realm of video game. 

1. If you take Conor out from the front and bring Mudryk for Enzo, you need to be ready for open game. I don't think you want this unless you are losing. 

Ashley Young and Seamus Coleman terrorized Mudyrk and Cucu. No chance you will even attempt Cucu vs Doku. 

You also don't want Chalobah who has been playing so well to move to rb plus you want fresh player vs doku.

Will Alfie fare better vs Doku? Maybe. 

Even with hindsight, I am not sure what to do. If carney is healthy, maybe carney instead of Mudryk but you want speed. 

sack this muppet. the bloddy fck played Badshialle.. in defence. Gallagher left wing not sure what he coaches.. cant t be allowed to continue.. embarrasment this coach and this team.

This could very well be his exit after a performance like that, and I wouldn't be surprised either.

The players I'm disgusted with of course, but the manager has to instill more authority and discipline and Pochettino has failed to do that this season. Pointless sacking him now, but should a better replacement come in the summer, at this point I'm all for it, I don't see the team improving under him next season because the defence is just horrific. 

Sack him tonight!

Picked our 2 worst defenders in a London derby against the top scorers in the league. 

And he's hung Gilchrist out to dry by picking him to play alongside those 2 centre backs - we'll probably never see Gilchrist again this season as he wasn't bought for big money.

Threw this game away with that line up.

Sack him tonight!

Edited by 2211

Sorry Poch, your in charge of the team , you show no authority from the sidelines. Players are constantly allowed to put in poor performances, mistakes, with absolutely no impunity. Imagine Jose in the same situation, discipline would be invoked…players hooked ,message sent . 

23 minutes ago, 2211 said:

Sack him tonight!

Picked our 2 worst defenders in a London derby against the top scorers in the league. 

And he's hung Gilchrist out to dry by picking him to play alongside those 2 centre backs - we'll probably never see Gilchrist again this season as he wasn't bought for big money.

Threw this game away with that line up.

Sack him tonight!

While I'll give him Poch tax for now Gilchrist for me has Millwall or Rotherham written all over him. I'd love to be wrong proper Chels and that but i see absolutely nothing.

Sums Poch up that out of all the talented youth we've got and brought he's decided to commit serious minutes to it's him.

3 minutes ago, Argo said:

While I'll give him Poch tax for now Gilchrist for me has Millwall or Rotherham written all over him. I'd love to be wrong proper Chels and that but i see absolutely nothing.

Maybe, but to play him in a back 4 with Disasi, Baiashile and Cucurella has got to be the worst thing he could of done to the lad.

Edited by 2211

3 minutes ago, Argo said:

Sums Poch up that out of all the talented youth we've got and brought he's decided to commit serious minutes to it's him.

Poch would take prime Riquelme and bench him because he doesn't run enough. 

I’m not convinced that Poch believes in many of these players. He’s said as much in the press conferences. The problem is that Lawerence and Winstanley won’t have their signings questioned or want to be blamed. But it’s obvious most of the players are not good enough. 

19 minutes ago, Argo said:

I don’t think Gilchrist was the standout in that defence when Badiashille and Disadi were as bad as they were. He at least tried and wasn’t as bad as the two CBs, at least in my opinion.

18 minutes ago, RMH said:

I don’t think Gilchrist was the standout in that defence when Badiashille and Disadi were as bad as they were. He at least tried and wasn’t as bad as the two CBs, at least in my opinion.

No he wasn't,  but his instructions were clearly just to pass the ball to the Chelsea player standing nearest to him. Then defensively he had no tools to deal with creative wide players coming at him. Rabbit in the headlights springs to mind.

52 minutes ago, KonaKai Blue said:

I don't rate poch but he is not the major problem and that is very scary.

We have a squad of players who are just not good. The worst recruitment ever in business!!

He 100% is the major problem. I'll still maintain that 70% of the team has a place in a Chelsea squad that could challenge for titles and cups but at the moment we have a cruise ship without a captain. A lot of the young players we've bought were sought after by some of the highest teams in the world, they haven't all of a sudden become sh*t players. But there is one common denominator, Pochettino, a football nearly man that made Messi, Mbappe and Neymar forward line look devoid of ideas at times.

Going in to next season even if we sign a top striker, CB and LB on top of getting our injured players back I think we would still struggle to challenge for the league because Poch just isn't tactically good enough, but if we do sign players in those 3 positions and get a better manager in I genuinely believe we'd easily get top 4 and if I'm honest if we had a better manager now we'd have challenged for top 4.

4 minutes ago, timetowaste said:

He 100% is the major problem. I'll still maintain that 70% of the team has a place in a Chelsea squad that could challenge for titles and cups but at the moment we have a cruise ship without a captain. A lot of the young players we've bought were sought after by some of the highest teams in the world, they haven't all of a sudden become sh*t players. But there is one common denominator, Pochettino, a football nearly man that made Messi, Mbappe and Neymar forward line look devoid of ideas at times.

Going in to next season even if we sign a top striker, CB and LB on top of getting our injured players back I think we would still struggle to challenge for the league because Poch just isn't tactically good enough, but if we do sign players in those 3 positions and get a better manager in I genuinely believe we'd easily get top 4 and if I'm honest if we had a better manager now we'd have challenged for top 4.

70% that could challenge for titles! Really? 

I think that's massively optimistic. 

Palmer, yes

James, if ever properly fit, yes

Gusto, possibly 

I'm already running out

If our entire squad was listed tomorrow you think City would be seriously sniffing around any as serious first team contenders?

Seriously, how hard can it be to instil a couple of passing patterns into the team?

We never see any sort of pattern in matches, what on earth do they do in training?

He’s been here since summer and I can’t see what he’s done, I really can’t.

Just do one passing pattern every day for a couple of weeks until it becomes brain memory. What an incredibly sh*t manager, get rid. 

11 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Seriously, how hard can it be to instil a couple of passing patterns into the team?

We never see any sort of pattern in matches, what on earth do they do in training?

Just do one passing pattern every day for a couple of weeks until it becomes brain memory. What an incredibly sh*t manager, get rid. 

Queue Bob saying some nonsense like managers don’t work on that in training. 

I think he will be gone at the end of the season. With 6 games left, we are not going down, and it is unlikely that we will be able to make any significant improvement in our current league position. Unless the players show some major reaction to the game tonight, I suspect the rest of the season will look a bit like the way the last one ended too.

While many will be glad to see him gone, I am not confident that the board and directors of football will make a better choice when they identify his replacement. A new manager will inherit the same team including many poorly recruited players, the same poor medical staff, the same continually injured players, and the same people making decisions for the club. Not to mention we will likely have offloaded several homegrown players to balance the books. Unlike last season where I felt some optimism for the season ahead after a summer to regroup, I am not feeling good about next season. 

14 minutes ago, loz said:

70% that could challenge for titles! Really? 

I think that's massively optimistic. 

Palmer, yes

James, if ever properly fit, yes

Gusto, possibly 

I'm already running out

If our entire squad was listed tomorrow you think City would be seriously sniffing around any as serious first team contenders?

Absolutely, but the problem is these young players have all been put together under the stewardship of a manager who is out of his depth. In the past 18 months off the top of my head Enzo, Caicedo, Mudryk, Colwill, James, Chilwell, Cucurella and Lavia have all been linked to what would be deemed elite clubs and this doesn't include Palmer, Nkunku and Gusto who have proven (in Nkunku's case at Leipzig) they're top players. These lads haven't turned into bad players overnight, but the problem is most haven't developed or even regressed and that's on the manager.

What I will that the owners have messed up on is we needed more experience alongside the young players to help them develop, but even with the current squad I think give this lot to a top manager and he has us in the top 4 this season.

23 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

100%, under here I've added a goal from Crystal Palace last weekend. Glasner has managed them for 8 games, taking over from Hodgson who isn't exactly known for nice to watch football. Their players aren't better than our players and somehow Glasner has managed to get them playing a great passage of play against a low block, something Poch hasn't managed to do in 9 months.

Pochettino deserves scrutiny, but we need to look closely at our sporting directors who signed a lot of these players.

I’m starting to think the problems lies there more than anywhere else at the club. If we have incompetent people in this department, most coaches will struggle here.

Edited by Jezz

8 minutes ago, Jezz said:

Pochettino deserves scrutiny, but we need to look closely at our sporting directors who signed a lot of these players.

I’m starting to think the problems lies there more than anywhere else at the club. If have incompetent people in this department, most coaches will struggle here.

Watch many of these "crap" players have miracle recoveries once properly coached, as we're seeing with Palace in that clip above.

Just now, Argo said:

Watch many of these "crap" players have miracle recoveries once properly coached, as we're seeing with Palace in that clip above.

While Palace were good, it helps that they had their 2 best players back from injury. Eze and Olise are key to most of the good stuff they do. 

12 minutes ago, Argo said:

Where are they going to be properly coached? Here? From the directors that appointed Lamps as a caretaker and Poch?

A good dose of reality is needed. If the club was being run well / had been run well from the start of Clearfake’s  stewardship from the board downwards with both qualified and experienced football industry people employed, do you all honestly all think we would have had to suffer that match, and this and last season ?  If you answered yes, can you please lend me a few grand for me taxes?  (see I’m in a spot of bother with the IRS over here, a big misunderstanding really, I’ll get it cleared up soon my brief says, so just a loan really 😉!)