So it's Pochettino *Officially Chelsea Manager*

loz
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

I’m not sure Poch could have done much more today. We should have scored through Jackson, we should have had a penalty and we didn’t REALLY concede that many chances. I will question why we always look less fit than our opponents, even when we should be way more rested than them - but overall I thought his gameplan worked today

4 minutes ago, El regreso said:

The majority of the soccer subreddit are wondering how we didn’t get a stone wall penalty you know you f**ked up. When that happens it’s clear something has gone wrong because they absolutely hate us on that subreddit 

Having seen it again, I don't know how anyone's reaction can be "no penalty" ...  commentary team must be on the pay roll as well as they instantly started going on about "hands by his sides", which was absolute nonsense ... 

7 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

Having seen it again, I don't know how anyone's reaction can be "no penalty" ...  commentary team must be on the pay roll as well as they instantly started going on about "hands by his sides", which was absolute nonsense ... 

BBC commentary very rarely like to disagree with the ref I've noticed. 

2 minutes ago, timetowaste said:

As much as I don't think he should be our manager next season I feel harsh criticising him. If we had a striker that could finish and officials that weren't blind then we'd have won the game.

Yeah we've been alright against the big teams under Poch, this isn't on him.

The fact remains though that we're likely to finish 7th-9th and trophyless, all whilst not having to deal with European games unlike the teams above/around us. 

We'd be really lowering the bar if he was kept on for next season.

13 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

Oliver missed it and his mate on VAR didn’t want to embarrass him. 

It’s Cucu hair pull all over again.

Gealish hands are not in a natural position for a player in a wall, it’s away from his body and stretched out.

46 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

Agree with this, but what I can't work out at all is that they still gave a goal kick. So not only did they check to see if it was intentional handball, the entire VAR team , when viewing in microscopic slow motion, could not see that the ball had changed direction, and the referee had made a clear and obvious error, because as a minimum,  as an absolute minimum it was a corner and not a goal kick. They clearly knew the ball had hit a city player for them to run a check in the first place.

9 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

Agree with this, but what I can't work out at all is that they still gave a goal kick. So not only did they check to see if it was intentional handball, the entire VAR team , when viewing in microscopic slow motion, could not see that the ball had changed direction, and the referee had made a clear and obvious error, because as a minimum,  as an absolute minimum it was a corner and not a goal kick. They clearly knew the ball had hit a city player for them to run a check in the first place.

They can't give a corner in that situation. VAR isn't allowed to overrule those types of decisions. 

There's good and very boring reasons why that is. 

44 minutes ago, El regreso said:

Oliver missed it and his mate on VAR didn’t want to embarrass him. 

It’s Cucu hair pull all over again.

Grealish hands are not in a natural position for a player in a wall, it’s away from his body and stretched out.

As "proven" by his colleagues either side of him in the bloody wall !  Something I clocked the first time I saw the replay ... so surely very obvious to the VAR at Stockley Park as well ... 

I know it’s been painful at times this season but today showed that there is promise in this team. There is just a lack of quality in certain positions. I thought the forwards today were fairly poor. Palmer had a couple of decent moments but faded in the second half. Madueke tried, Mydryk did nothing and his free kick at the end was woeful. 

Poch has done a decent job this season. Get back the injured players back, sign a couple of quality forwards and I think we will be very competitive next season. We’re a decent striker (and a medical department) away from being a decent team. 

Edited by JM7

16 minutes ago, JM7 said:

I know it’s been painful at times this season but today showed that there is promise in this team. There is just a lack of quality in certain positions. I thought the forwards today were fairly poor. Palmer had a couple of decent moments but faded in the second half. Madueke tried, Mydryk did nothing and his free kick at the end was woeful. 

Poch has done a decent job this season. Get back the injured players back, sign a couple of quality forwards and I think we will be very competitive next season. We’re a decent striker (and a medical department) away from being a decent team. 

This is where I disagree. Today I can’t put it down to him in its totality, but this team has got to a final and he shat on his pants, and this semi he hasn’t got them more ready than a team that played 120 minutes on Wednesday. And we’re pants in the league. He’s done a very spursy job this season and with a better coach we’d have the league cup at least. He can’t get out of this club fast enough in my opinion.

10 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Aye look up Ben, play in Raheem, give him the chance to pull a Jackson.

Sterling is literally the king of tap ins this is a tap in principle he doesn’t have to think about it too much he scores this. 

13 minutes ago, El regreso said:

Sterling is literally the king of tap ins this is a tap in principle he doesn’t have to think about it too much he scores this. 

Maybe. We will never know now.

I think we all need to take on board what Poch said after the game.

"Sooo faf it thwere in ats to be gourd. To be gourd. Anne if Pemer was in firm.it would ve gol. Jackson an I donut. I donut. For shifty. He is for shifty. And no gols."

9 hours ago, bisright1 said:

They can't give a corner in that situation. VAR isn't allowed to overrule those types of decisions. 

There's good and very boring reasons why that is. 

I am sure you're right but I still fail to see why. The purpose of this technology was not to illustrate whether a scab on a striker's elbow made him offside, it was to reverse clearly wrong refereeing decisions. Having checked for handball and clearing it of intent then there should at least be the empowerment to overturn the incorrect decision and award a corner.

I get the desire to not have refereeing every decision by video, but for incidents being specifically checked by VAR why can't we have a system where the correct decision is arrived at?

Encouraging this season has been the way we have faced the biggest teams. We have brought it to them and for the most occasions we have battled head to head. To me that is progress. Hopefully next season we can turn some of these draws/close defeats to wins and we can begin dreaming of battling these teams in the Premier League table as well. 

Our biggest concern is inconsistency and playing sides that sit deep. Nothing new here really. If we'd just take our chances better we'd win much more games. 

One brilliant thing for next season is we get fresh Fofana, Lavia, Nkunku, James, Ugohuckwu, Chuckwuemeka, Badiashile and Colwill back in the fold. Even if we need to sell players, we have pretty good injured reserves waiting.

1 hour ago, WhiteWall said:

I am sure you're right but I still fail to see why. The purpose of this technology was not to illustrate whether a scab on a striker's elbow made him offside, it was to reverse clearly wrong refereeing decisions. Having checked for handball and clearing it of intent then there should at least be the empowerment to overturn the incorrect decision and award a corner.

I get the desire to not have refereeing every decision by video, but for incidents being specifically checked by VAR why can't we have a system where the correct decision is arrived at?

There would be an imbalance. And you'd end up checking everything. 

You cant allow a corner / goal kick decision in some circumstances but not others. 

Personally Id get rid of it all. And because of that I'm not too bothered by the penalty decision not being given yesterday. 

If we can't score goals from open play we don't deserve to win. 

17 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

There would be an imbalance. And you'd end up checking everything. 

You cant allow a corner / goal kick decision in some circumstances but not others. 

Personally Id get rid of it all. And because of that I'm not too bothered by the penalty decision not being given yesterday. 

If we can't score goals from open play we don't deserve to win. 

This I agree with. I feel that even if we had scored, we'd have stuffed it up after that.

Whilst I think he did relatively okay I think he missed a trick by not playing the exact 11 that started Everton game. 

Sometimes you stumble on your best team and if they delivered such a performance, only against Everton I know then he could have at least given them a start and if the need to bring on Enzo was serious, nothing stopped him from being introduced right at the start of the 2nd half. 

This is another reason why I've always hated spending a huge amount to buy a certain player because it very quickly becomes a case of playing him because you can't afford to keep your expensive purchase out the team, and not because he is working out in the team. 

He has just been shoehorned into the squad yesterday and the knock on effect is 2 or 3 other colleagues not being able to reach the heights they can when he's not in the team. 

Edited by abister1
Spell