So it's Pochettino *Officially Chelsea Manager*

loz
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

44 minutes ago, El regreso said:

Brighton had a settled team even before the new manager came in you are comparing apples to oranges. 
Change the entire structure and almost the entire team and see how good Brighton will be.

We are the only team who have been sanctioned, then sold, then signed a bunch of players, sacked the current manager a few games in, hire a new manager then got rid of the new manager mid season brought in a even worst manager then got rid of those players at the end of the season and got a new manager and pretty much a new team to start again.

There is no current equivalent in the PL or in world football I can think of. Better teams would have completely crumbled.

We are literally starting from scratch again, have patience. We have seen Poch build two well oiled teams this isn’t his first rodeo. If he doesn’t get us flowing I will be shocked.

He is still learning about his players and tear are very young players who will learn from each match.

Hold on, they keep having their best players nicked by the likes of us and others, yet they seem to  continue to play good ball?

When we were slagging Chels for that dross play over the lat couple of seasons, who in todays team was playing , yet we seem to have this DNA of resorting to boring aimless play, figure that???

59 minutes ago, enigma said:

People talking about experience and yet Brighton have an 18 year old scoring all their goals today. It's not about the age of the player imo. 

But experience isn't just about age right? I mean Mbappe's young right, but has more experience than pretty much our entire squad, Silva excepted.

Experience is about game craft in the environment of senior football. All people have been saying is that there should have been a blend in the side. As an example the likely cost of, say Madueke and two or three of these generational talents from Brazil, all playing in the same league and in the same three teams, at the same time, may, only may, have got us a Jarrod Bowen.

1 hour ago, enigma said:

People talking about experience and yet Brighton have an 18 year old scoring all their goals today. It's not about the age of the player imo. 

And the system. We've changed a whole team since Todd took over and we still cant finish. Rubbish recruitment which is not helped by a crap tactical system.

1 hour ago, enigma said:

Tbf Brighton also have the likes of Dunk, Veltman, Gross, March, Estupinan and with others like Lallana, Milner, Dahoud, Steele and Webster on the bench with Wellbeck also missing. I've seen people say about blending youth and experience and Brightons squad has plenty of experience.

2 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Hold on, they keep having their best players nicked by the likes of us and others, yet they seem to  continue to play good ball?

When we were slagging Chels for that dross play over the lat couple of seasons, who in todays team was playing , yet we seem to have this DNA of resorting to boring aimless play, figure that???

Yeah the last 5/6 years have been boring possession football with an inability to break down the low block despite many different managers and players. Could be Chelsea DNA now or could also just be that most teams just play the same ways these days.

1 hour ago, enigma said:

Put a young player within an established framework and he will flourish. Put the same player in an incoherent team full of similar prospects and he will struggle. All successful teams have a good mix of differing experience within the squad. Tradecraft is part of a young players learning process and vital in their development.

2 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Brighton despite their success are still perceived as a smaller team , as such teams have the tendency to play more open against them. When the opponent gives them the respect they have earned and play two banks of four tight similar to what Spam did last week they struggle too.

I wrongly thought that we might be further along than what we are given the new manager, better vibes, training etc. However it feels like it’s going to be a long couple of years.

Someone pointed out that the average age of the squad 22 years. We’re essentially playing an under 23’s team against men. There’s too much of the same thing. All inexperienced and developing. 

4 minutes ago, JM7 said:

I wrongly thought that we might be further along than what we are given the new manager, better vibes, training etc. However it feels like it’s going to be a long couple of years.

Someone pointed out that the average age of the squad 22 years. We’re essentially playing an under 23’s team against men. There’s too much of the same thing. All inexperienced and developing. 

It doesn't help that a number of the players with more first team experience are currently injured. But equally it is the policy of the new owners that has got us to this point and I agree it feels like it will be a long path before we really see much in the way of results. 

2 minutes ago, JM7 said:

image.png.e8f56c6b4b5dad3720871498181c47ad.png

This is brilliant that Thiago is in touch with the fan base. It also though exposes a problem in today’s society with social media. Thiago has the experience to know if he has or hasn’t had a good game, a young player reading similar comments about themselves may take the comments to heart hindering their development. This may result in the young player who is undoubtedly skilled taking the safe option on the pitch instead of the riskier pass that may unlock a defence even though they have the skill set. 

6 minutes ago, charierre said:

Brighton despite their success are still perceived as a smaller team , as such teams have the tendency to play more open against them. When the opponent gives them the respect they have earned and play two banks of four tight similar to what Spam did last week they struggle too.

This.

It's why I grimace every time I see our possession stats from excess of 75%, because I know it's going to be a sh*t boring game with no shots by us and probably getting beat on a counter.

Until we, and other clubs, create players capable of shooting on target from 20 plus yards, this sterile, fruitless dirge will continue over and over again. With all of these millions, all of these analytical tools and products,  and all these superstar tactical gurus, why has nobody worked out how to teach these blokes to shoot at the bloody goal.

Supposedly we might have a chance to have Lavia, Badiashile, and Reece back for the next game. I would probably phase them in carefully given that they are returning from injury. Especially Reece. But at least we might have more options from the bench soon. Once fit I would argue that Badiashile starts ahead of Disasi.

Until we get Nkunku back though we really need to get a few other players scoring regularly

It’s been really grim since we won the champions league, especially with my star boy Mount leaving but we’re Chelsea, despite a lot of set backs and probably more to come, that doesn’t change who we are. We’re Chelsea and embrace that. There’s no club quite like us. The days of Dennis Wise, Vialli, Zola, Gullit, Drogba, Lampard and Terry, we’ll always be up there and in everybody’s face. Stay calm, the good times will come again.

1 minute ago, WhiteWall said:

This.

It's why I grimace every time I see our possession stats from excess of 75%, because I know it's going to be a sh*t boring game with no shots by us and probably getting beat on a counter.

Until we, and other clubs, create players capable of shooting on target from 20 plus yards, this sterile, fruitless dirge will continue over and over again. With all of these millions, all of these analytical tools and products,  and all these superstar tactical gurus, why has nobody worked out how to teach these blokes to shoot at the bloody goal.

This is why it is important that we score first in games like today, especially at home. The same could have easily happened against Luton if they had scored first. Likewise had we taken our chances in the first half today, Forest would have had to chase the game more and we would have had more options on the counter.

But equally we cannot afford to give away gifts like today when we are already struggling to break a team down. 

1 minute ago, forbzy said:

This is why it is important that we score first in games like today, especially at home. The same could have easily happened against Luton if they had scored first. Likewise had we taken our chances in the first half today, Forest would have had to chase the game more and we would have had more options on the counter.

But equally we cannot afford to give away gifts like today when we are already struggling to break a team down. 

Spot on.

12 minutes ago, forbzy said:

I feel like we’ve seen the exact same game as today maybe around 15 times over the last 3/4 years.  

Struggle to break down a packed defence, gift them a goal with a mistake and then miss a gilt edged chance or two. 

1 hour ago, JM7 said:

image.png.e8f56c6b4b5dad3720871498181c47ad.png

Never seen one of our players reacting like this on social media before. Not sure it’s a good thing.

And a cause for concern regarding what tactical instruction Poch is giving out as Thiago’s interpretation of a line of 4 is puzzling, without fluidity context. It’s a back 3 in the build-up ffs, and Chilwell complicates the formation as he doesn’t operate like a traditional winger. 

2 hours ago, Dubair said:

Yeah the last 5/6 years have been boring possession football with an inability to break down the low block despite many different managers and players. Could be Chelsea DNA now or could also just be that most teams just play the same ways these days.

It’s the slow transition killing us, and it doesn’t help when managers decide to play with 5 defenders. Most team still consider us a “big” team so sit in 2 banks of 4 against us and expect us to break them down. Brighton & Newcastle don’t have that problem because they are still considered as “small” teams so teams don’t use a defensive set up against them.

It is also a reason why your Arsenal, City and Liverpool are playing a 3-2-4-1/ 4-1-4-1 formation so they are getting their creative players in the final third to open up deep defences.

It would help if Poch wasn’t hellbent on playing Chilwell as a LW because he is just another defender masquerading up front, just playing kick and rush in the final third. He also needs to move Fernandez back into the middle of the park, as the one guy we have that can pick a pass from the centre is trying to play as “10”. Ange at Spurs is getting results because he isn’t complicating the game for his players, just a traditional 4-3-3 with his players tasked with getting the ball up the pitch as quickly as possible.